Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Survivors BM and even just playing Pyramid Head makes me toxic in their eyes

^ Title says all. I have various DCs even in the beginning of the game just when survivors see Pyramid Head. And when I play against a really really organized swf and only get 1 kill or so they bm like there is no end...

In end-game chat they said multiple times that just by the fact that one is playing Pyramid head, you are toxic.

I really don't understand. It's by far not the strongest killer out there and I just enjoy the scraping :D So this really confuses me

Comments

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 872

Yeah thanks for all the answers guys, I will play him to my heart's content! 😁

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,576

I've never let that stop me from Slinging Death. Don't let it stop you from Heading Pyramids... Yeah, that came out wierd but I'm gonna stand by it.

Although, it helps to acknowledge flaws in a killers gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of lose-lose, so I do like to discuss with reasonable survivors the issue to try and find a potential workaround.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 6,449
  • ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,573

Pyramid head isn't good enough to keep up with a tournament squad, that doesn't make his chase any less uninteractive, just means that against the literal tournament squads, he can't move fast enough or down fast enough to keep up with survivors slamming gens and intentionally leaving people to die so they can finish gens etc.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

People DC against my PIG. PIG FFS!

But yeah, people think that he's a toxic pick currently because he is legitimately broken currently. The fact that you can cancel your power into a slash with no animation is outright busted.

Other than that, he's fine. I can think of several killers who need to be looked at after they fix Punishment.

• hillbillyclaudmain69hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Yea they need to make dc penalties an hour on first offense.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,995

I dont know about first offense. I've dc'ed by accident because of Comcrap and only had like 5 mins to wait. I'm prefectly fine with that. It certainly needs to accumulate after that.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 3,654

A stereotype P3 Claudette with Object of obsession, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Adrenaline disconnected after I downed her quickly at the start of the game as Bubba... At the killer shack... What does that tell you about certain players (not survivors/killers. just PLAYERS). And no, the basement didn't spawn below shack so that wasn't the reason.

Exactly. Some people don't want to play the game unless they feel like they can bully the other player.

Now you tell me what Pyramid Head is known for.

Is it:

A) he can't be bullied in a 1 v 1 due to his anti loop power?

or is it:

B) he typically gets looped for 5 gens ez pz?

Long story short: Play Pyramid Head all you want and ignore those that try to tell you what character to play. Some of those guys aren't looking for any challenge and just want to boost their egos by looping some basic M1 killers like Wraith.

• HoneyBadgerHoneyBadger Member Posts: 18

Put some because not all survivors do that. For example idc about ph. I really want to have fun but both. Some killers and survivors are sweaty. Get them upset they dc from the game even when I play survivor my teammates will dc or kill themselves on first hook. Yesterday I face a chill legion with chill teammates. Wish every match is like this.

• Murd3rousClyd3Murd3rousClyd3 Member Posts: 71

Buddy... My advice is get used to it, say GGz, and leave...

Here's the thing about survivors... They will literally yell at you about ANYTHING. Three days ago I played LF, and got the 4k in 2 minutes by capitalizing on their mistaken altruism.

Afterwards they told me I win by using a no skill killer... I then said I would give their team a rematch versus any killer of their choosing. They choose Trapper, I then get the 4k after 1 gen was completed...

Again I was a no skill killer because I used the yellow bag and the stone that resets traps automatically.

Moral of the story is this: Unless you hook each survivor no more than once and walk away, letting them escape.... You're a toxic killer.

And no, I don't "camp" or "tunnel"... And not because it's what they want. Just because I like getting 50k+ per match.

• Hugs4trapdadHugs4trapdad Member Posts: 46

Well, to play devil's advocate, playing against PH is [BAD WORD]. In a loop you either vault and get hit or don't vault and get hit. I mean, that shouldn't stop you playing who you want, but you have to understand a lot of people are gonna have a bad time playing against him.

• LuffyBlackLuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

That's no excuse. No one should be punished for playing their best, there's no such thing as sweaty

• FFabeqFFabeq Member Posts: 530

You can't get banned for dcing, only matchmaking ban, but these are disabled rn

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,995
    edited October 2020

For deliberately quitting a match, yeah you most certainly can get banned for doing that. Yeah they need to turn that thing back on and soon.

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

PH shouldn't have a built in mori, and his ability shouldn't go through walls and rocks and such to hit you. Just like DS shouldn't be able to shoot through walls or his chain burning through solid objects. I know it's a video game. I just wish that there was more realistic mechanics.

• HoneyBadgerHoneyBadger Member Posts: 18

I respect your opinion but have heard the phrasing it's just a game. If you want to go sweaty there is fortnite.

• LuffyBlackLuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Thank you, I respect yours as well. But I think due to the nature of this game that's unavoidable. Friday the 13: The Game I feel does a better job at this. You could lose and still be chilled, I never felt punished. Meanwhile playing killer in this game makes me depressed. lol

• EarelandEareland Member Posts: 125

I made a promise that I will t-bag at every possible Pyramidhead after his upcoming buff/nerf.

It's because of their unnecessary tunneling behavior. I have never ever played Pyramidhead YET because I know how annoying they can be. Taking advantage of their broken ability (faking ability at vaults and pallets) and strong tunnelvision.

• BaldursGate2BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 795

He needs some sort of slow-down like huntress when he cancels his power. Without that, he just uses it without a hustle and if he can't use it, he cancels and gets a hit in. Just stupid.

• EcstasyEcstasy Member Posts: 167
    edited October 2020

I had a survivor go ballistic that I was trash for getting him with NOED despite the fact he only had full health thanks to Adrenaline triggering mid-chase, and the same exact hit would've brought him down normally anyhow...

For real.

I play just as much survivor so I know NOED can be a real pain in games, but by god I wouldn't change it for the world.

Sometimes, sometimes it's just pure majesty.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 2,784
    edited October 2020

Ignore anyone who uses the word toxic, avoid using it yourself, and just play the game. The word is meaningless and just tossed around by anyone trying to troll, grief, or shame you. Consider them mental defectives and not worth your time.

• 2LuvRias2LuvRias Member Posts: 351

If people being [BAD WORD] bother you then see if there's a way to turn off the ingame chat, or just ignore it entirely besides saying "gg"

Play for your own entertainment not for the entertainment for others. As of me writing this I've been in a 5 day argument with an entitled survivor, trust me its what they want. (It's sort of what I want too, I like when survivors try this on me:)

Don't be like me lol just ignore them and do what You want