Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I want the Devs honest opinion

How serious do you take hackers in this game?Because almost everyday I see them running around,weeks later I check their profiles and they're still not banned.

I'm talking about the obvious ones that are easy to spot,what's the logic behind it,do you name them all down and after a few months ban them all at once?

The hackers I face have no fear like they dont care if they get banned because they probably got away with it so many times before.I think this is a problem that should be taken a bit more seriously for the sake of everyone that loves this game.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 15,467

Do you complete the report process properly, including providing video evidence with a support ticket?

Are you sure they're hacking? People have thought I was speed hacking but I was using Hope, or wallhacking but I was using I'm All Ears.

I've faced like, 3 hackers in my 2k hours over 3 years. I've been friends with like, a further 2 or 3 of them. I'm just curious how you get them daily and the majority of this forum get then rarely if at all.

Also, the developers use Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC). Whilst I despise this program with a passion, at least they have something I guess. How it works is it bans in waves; the developers will input a new hack they've found and then EAC will flag everyone using that hack and at the end of, say, the month, when the ban wave occurs, it'll ban everyone it's flagged. Really dumb imo but I'm not a game dev.

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

Dude, the devs don't even ban toxic SWFs for racist and homophobic chat, you think they're gonna do anything about this. maybe if they check their account and see they haven't bought any cosmetics they'll do something

Considering how I've had friends banned for hacking and chat abuse I'd ask you to check this again :)

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704
    edited October 2020

Pretty sure going againts a hacker that suddenly dissapers in front of you when you're about to hit him,cant pick him up or hook him and have video proof should be enough,but like you said,maybe they ban in banwawes,what does that mean?Even if they ban that said player,he still has months to mess around and ruin the experience for others before that happens.Meaning he can spend like 10$ to buy the game every few months and ruin the game for others without a worry.This banwawe system is flawed,a hacker should be banned immediatly if they are 100% sure of it.

I know popular games that insta ban you even for the littlest hack instantly,you dont even have time to log out,you're just banned.Why it takes months for bhvr to do it is beyond me.

Post edited by Dzeikor on

Oh I agree and I despise EACs way of doing it, but EAC also can IP/MAC ban if needed. Provided you've got Video evidence of it report them, the proper full way, and they'll be banned.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,526

It's not the devs that ban. There is a dedicated team for it and there are many reports daily. Some things might be bugs, some others might be cheats, but the most important part is that if you report it properly it will be taken care of. Yes, the ACMs do ban people. There are bans and punishments for people that break the game rules.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 10,997

Hackers, just like any other player who breaks the game rules, do get banned.

Please be sure to follow the right procedure when you report hackers, which means reporting in game and opening a ticket on the support website (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us) attaching video evidence and all the required information.

Keep in mind the team receives a lot of reports and all of them have to be checked, so it might take some time for your report to get solved.

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    edited October 2020

to Karu

Then you're lucky. I've reported bully SWFs for using homophobic and racist slurs and have still seen them online like a week later

When I report a hacker I found 3 ways to do it,in-game,their steam profile,and submit a ticket with video,or photo proof,not everyone likes to spend their time to do this after facing hackers,but for the ones they do,I hope they will at least get their reports taken seriously and not just waste their time,I only report someone when i'm 100% sure and also have video proof.

Just to be clear, for hacking reports you need video evidence, photo proof is not enough.

That said, they surely get taken seriously.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

There just should be two simple changes to improve bans.

1) Relieve the witness from the burden of proof. Seriously, it´s inappropriate and and a chore to demand that customers record all of their gameplay to do the ban teams job for them. Given the level of optimisation DBD has I´d imagine many people can´t even afford that without setting their hardware literally on fire. Why does EAC even exist when it does nothing?

2) Give feedback to the witness when their submission resulted in a ban. Of course experiences differ, but I reported some people for the most heinous post game chats, the whole package, and....nothing. This gives off the impression that nothing you could write in-game could ever get you banned.

Without proof, how can you determine if the report is legit or fake?

And about the rest, keep in mind temporary bans don't show up on their profile, so the people you reported might have been banned for 24/48 hours without you knowing it.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I understand and I agree. This i just my opinion of course, but wouldn´t it be better to implement some kind of software to detect cheats and exploits rather than having the players be required to record their gameplay?

Regarding your second statement, I think it just would be appreciated if there was some kind of feedback that action was taken. Blizzard does this, for example. Doesn´t have to be much, just an automated confirmation response would be really neat.

For the love of this game please change the antcheat software,this every few months banwawes are just not working,it gives the hackers way too much time to mess around before getting banned,and after that,they can just do it again for a few months without a worry.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I reported someone and it took weeks but eventually they got banned. Not sure if it was my report that did it because I didn’t get an update for a while after their gameban showed. Kept checking up because of these stories about people not getting banned lol

I reported someone last year for being a massive troll basically and they got a temp ban but support replied to me within days. They always used to.

All I can guess at is either they’re currently swamped with reports right now which wouldn’t be surprising given how cheaters seem to have skyrocketed this year, or they’re only banning the cheaters in waves and dont do anything until it’s time for the next mass ban.