Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Getting sick of solo survivor.

2»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 14,018
    edited October 2020

Yeah basically it. Made more fun when Meg decided to use OoO when they were the VIP. I ended up using Autodidact, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Blood Pact (then when I was VIP it was DS/UB/SG/DH with a key but let's not focus on that part). It was great fun and I hit some sick beamer saves too.

Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • azameazame Member Posts: 2,870

Karu you gotta let me join in on that. Definetly sounds fun and changes up the way you play dbd.

I have been dodging lobbies recently especially key lobbies. For my solo build it always has object, adrenaline, sb and a random perk (hope, iron will). I havent ran DS in a long time I rather not run it, its jsut boring to me.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 3,433

Because that is literally all you need to do if the others hold m1 on gens. Survivors only lose if they suck/make 600 mistakes.

• noctis129noctis129 Member Posts: 941

Add me. I'll come save u when no one else does. U can leave me and I won't be offended.

I will come save u even w a facecamping Bubba. If all else fails, I'll die w u if it makes u feel better.

I play on PS4 Xbox PC.

• pepperoninipplespepperoninipples Member Posts: 87

That happens to me all the time. I cam run the killer for 3,4.5 minutes and 1 gen or 2 gens get complete. That is other survivors fault not mine. I did my job to run the killer. I have all my fun doing that as survivor. If i escape that is a bonus.

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Solo sucks. There was a time when it wasn't to bad, because people actually knew what they were doing, and got stuff done, but now it's horrible.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 2,702

Me as a career long red rank solo survivor entering the trial:

Back then it definetly was better I had much more fun. Sure survivors still werent the strongest loopers but they knew when to pressure gens.

You dont have to do that for me. I'd feel bad leaving you to die man that's not cool.

Yeah getting chased/winning is really fun. My problem is my efforts seem to be meaningless. That really kills it for me.

• spirit72spirit72 Member Posts: 153

I feel your pain. The problem, in my opinion, is that about 80% of Survivors in solo games are brain dead. That is true on my platform(PS4)and I haven't seen much difference since cross-platform play went live.

My response to this has been to go sort of 'Lone Wolf'. I usually play Nea, who has all the Survivor perks, and I use her to earn BP for my other Survivors. The build I use with her, I call "Nea The Ninja'. It's Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Distortion and Premonition, all rank 3 of course. I also use the darkest clothing I can find, no derpy cosmetics(You would be very surprised at how well that works on most maps; I have Killers walk literally right past me on a regular basis, sometimes multiple times in a single match). I don't alter that build unless a challenge I'm doing calls for a specific perk to be used....that perk will usually replace Distortion in my build.

So basically, in a public, non-SWF game, I look out for Number One first. I try to put some distance between myself and the other Survivors as the match starts(Killer is frequently using Discordance anyway, so teaming up on a gen immediately is not usually the smart move. I find my own gen, taking out any Totems I find along the way if I can do it safely. I make judicious use of lockers and good nooks for hiding to stay off the Killer's radar as much as possible. I will save Survivors who get hooked close to me if/when I can do so safely....further away, I'll go after them if it fits into my game to do so(and again, if I can do it safely). I will usually not drop a gen, etc. to cross clear over to the other side of the map to make a save, unless the hooked Survivor has begun to struggle(as opposed to trying to escape, which they should rarely do).

If the other dips--t Survivors are going to rush hooks, end up trading places on the hook with the Survivor they just saved, and otherwise play Footsie with the Killer and give the Killer free points, then they can do so on their own. I'll start gens, cleanse totems, open chests, earning as many BP as I can. And then I'll try to get the hatch, or failing that, try to fake out the Killer at an exit gate.

NOW.....I get A LOT of salt from other Survivors post-match who feel that I should have been dive-bombing hooks with the rest of the squadron. But that's ok. I usually pip, and they usually lose one.

• adsads123123123123adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 316

Make some friends then.

• lowiqlowiq Member Posts: 428

Don't queue at rank 1 and you will have more fun.

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

I just felt this entire post. I play solo 90% of the time when I'm on DBD and it's not fun when you're running a killer around for what feels like forever and yet they only pop one gen. I've dropped DBD till the new tome comes out because I'm not trying to get any more games where I end up dying first hook because my teammates are either too scared to save or too busy crouching in a corner with Urben

• EcstasyEcstasy Member Posts: 355

I mean this is another one of those problems that's actually exacerbated by swf/voice communication existing too. (And you could still play with friends without most of the related issues if the devs finally get real and just banned voice communication, or genuinely balanced for it, or just nutted up and added to the [BAD WORD] game.)

Solo survivor skills/ranks are especially screwy because of getting boosted playing with better people (against same rank opponents) and at a game destroying advantage. Of course they suck once the conditions massively change and the odds aren't stacked so heavily in the favor. Of course they suck when they're in the wrong ranks.

Yet the devs are trying to have their escape cake and eat it too by balancing Killer Vs Survivor as all the same despite that gulf where sometimes survivors have an advantage that's de facto cheating and sometimes they're playing in the designed isolation. What's balanced (or even unfair) in one set of circumstances could be totally game busting in the other. So solo survivor roles are even more disadvantaged even without the sort of information/communication crutch. Meanwhile killers tend to go all out on whoever because you don't know for sure whose SWF and who isn't.

C'est la vie.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 712
    edited October 2020

Randoms are a main reason why I main killer, because it just gets even worse when you get a tunnelling killer as well as useless randoms, and after soloing for so long, i now refuse to play survivor without a least a duo so i can guarantee one teammate who isn't sitting in the corner of the map the entire game, and if i don't i just play killer

In my experience randoms don't do gens, last 20 seconds max in chase and yet still manage to waste about 5 pallets, i swear they make it their goal to lose

• EcstasyEcstasy Member Posts: 355

Eh, saying they can't prevent people from using Discord is a bit of a red herring. Most laws/rules don't and can't actually prevent people from doing whatever. They set standards for acceptable behavior and punish the people who they do catch.

You can't stop people from stream sniping either, but there are plenty of games that implement that level of conduct too which is even harder to prove and more dependent on the honor system. Hell, they even enforce those rules when they can too despite requiring more effort and scrutiny on their parts to do correctly.

Even just not condoning something has a measureable effect, so that's a change from BHVR's current position of "Hecks yeah guys, cheat all you want. Actually y'know what? it's not even cheating. Boom. There ya go. Be sure to check out our flashy cosmetics to make that bullying extra sweet"

What sucks for me is then I'm moaned at for playing swf and using good perks! If I use DS in a swf im a "bad" survivor. I'm still going to continue to solo because I want to stay consistent for my uploading and also it can be relaxing to be alone atleast for me.

I dont understand your 90% solo games. You are going to go insane with your randoms. I have been soloing A LOT recently. It's getting very frustrating. These randoms are so bad at looping the killer so they hide in the corner. I remember playing killer and seeing the same randoms I get. A claudette hiding in the corner of the map away from gens.

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

Only 10% of my solo matches I get good survivors that can actually loop and save properly. I try to stay calm and play the game for what it is and enjoy it but I can't because every game I see someone crouching on a corner when I'm on a hook because I looped the killer for 5 minutes and only 1 gen has been done. Might not touch the game till the new tome comes out because I'm tired of seeing these survivors in my games

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,587

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

One of the reasons why solo sucks is that the devs have been making killers and SWF go in a perpetual arms race with solos' being the casualties.

The more killers are nerfed and problematic survivor perks are left unchecked the harder killers will have to try to win against SWF.

However because killers can't know who is SWF unless they check steam profiles killers which most platforms can't(Killers also can't check if the profiles are private). Then the killers have to assume its SWF every game to go all out because if they don't they get stomped by SWF.

The Devs random nerfs to killers and lack of nerfs to the problematic survivor perks have lead to a situation where killers are missible and stressed while solo survivors get slaughtered by the killers ever increasing viciousness to win against SWF.

So the random killer nerfs the devs do only hurt BOTH solos and killers while leaving the problematic parts of SWF which caused it untouched.