Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Breakable walls at this point are really bad band-aid fix

MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Like come on, the breakable walls in the new updated map are just there because BHVR doesn't know if what they did to the loop was good or not.

Breakable walls bring back infinites, if they are not broken of course. Yes just "simply break the wall 4head" but more then half of the time, these breakable walls don't benefit the killer or even survivors, which they shouldn't anyways because its the killer having to put time and possibly sacrifice a chase to break a single wall.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 3,677

personally, I like breakable walls

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    edited October 2020
  • GoodLookinCookinGoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 336

I never really find a good use to them besides Midwitch and Deaddog saloon

• BardBard Member Posts: 471

There are a couple good ones.

The bathroom staircase on Midwich and the School doors are good examples. Keeping them up is strong, but you have a real incentive to destroy them in the right situation.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,616

I don't hate them or like them just odd sometime.

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 234

I hate the Badham walls with a passion

• ZaitsevZaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

This entire game is built on bandaid fixes.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 438

I liked the initial idea, and how they were used on The Deathslinger and The Executioner maps. This issue I have comes with the re-evaluation of older maps.

The breakable walls seem to have been placed where existing doors once were, whereas I'd rather have breakable walls in areas no door or vault have been previously. I have yet to witness how this has dramatically changed play.

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

That's the case - walls should be used in this manner to be strong for the killer and not the survivor with the option to break them as the match progresses to increase your own map mobility in exchange for unlocking a stronger loop for the survivors. Unfortunately most breakable walls being designed right now are "If you don't break this" then the survivor has an infinite or near-infinite on tiles like some house of pain or garage setups on New preschool. Macmillan is using the same design on a lot of places like Ironworks and Mother's Dwellings as "answers" to the main building loops (Especially the new Ironworks upstairs that is just a window with the new blocked doorway).

Killers are either

1) Forced to go out of their way to break these when there is "some" pressure in the game and they go that way or during a chase that a survivor uses one to get a ton of distance or outright escape.

2) The GOD AWFUL method of trying to break all the really strong ones as soon as the match starts while 4 survivors are unpressured - popping the first two gens. Maybe Behavior seems to think killers need a weaker early game because they "snowball" the last few gens by the "statistics" they're seeing... only not starting that snowball adequately while the first 2~3 gens go for free (naturally due to map size and split pressure) is the main reasons killers feel powerless against organized survivor teams.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 11,099

What I want to see is breakable walls that you feel that you have a choice to break or not - I guess pros & cons to breaking them. Not "I have to break this wall to deal with that window" or "well breaking this wall doesn't help me but hinders the survivors so I'll never break it".

I do love the idea of breakable walls in the game, but definitely think there should be pros & cons to each breakable wall and for it to be a more strategic decision.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,552

Increase the time to break walls, but make walls much more strategic decision. Here is some ideas from me.