Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Dead by Daylight,the game where killers act more civilized than the survivors

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

I disagree. It matters a lot if one arsonist sets one fire and another sets ten. Legal systems in most countries recognize this for virtually every crime in existence.

They are not equally guilty, which is a nuance you want to ignore so you can say both sides are the same instead of addressing that for each toxic killer, there are more than 4 toxic survivors.

You see more toxic Survivors because the population HAS to be higher but that doesn't mean that its somehow worse.

I already told you they're disproportionately toxic.

I can't because I'm not writing this stuff down, This is just my experience.

And neither do you, because nobody writes this stuff down. We're all sharing our experiences and perceptions.

Hey, you're the one who asked me for evidence of my perception (which is based on my experience) first, I just asked the same of you. So the answer to "evidence of what" is "the same evidence you were asking of me", whatever that may be.

• SandS_HeroSandS_Hero Member Posts: 26

The quote about living long enough to see yourself become the villain has never been truer than with the dead by daylight survivors.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,818

Yeah... I get way more evil survivors than evil killers. However, that might just be because of the math: as survivor, there's 3 others who also have to be decent. As killer, there's 4 others.

• BwightBwight Member Posts: 8

Wow, people are sometimes toxic in online video games? Eye opening post, never realized it.

And you dare say... People are mean more often when they're in a group, relative to a person alone?! (killers). ASTONISHED.

Thank God we have this post to help the developers figure out how to solve this catastrophy. It's not like we have an option to just ignore it and move on to the next game.

• KoloniteKolonite Member Posts: 1,346

If you play killer more than survivor you're seeing 4 different survivors a match. If you main survivor you're seeing 3x the amount of survivors per game than killer. I can only imagine why people see more survivors being toxic than killers.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,823

this what I do suck one game make us have to turn off all massaging and friend requests.

• lowiqlowiq Member Posts: 428

Survivors are definitely more toxic verbally.

Killers will hop on freddy equip a ebony mori and proceed to play in the most toxic way possible.

It's a never ending cycle.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 2,059

Those 3 are probably trying to derank or smurfing lol..

Just a joke :)

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704

Honestly I think disabling the chat in public games would make everyone a favor all around lol in dbd.

edited October 2020

Indeed. I even tried to show them that by asking them the exact same request they asked me, but I don't think they got it.

Post edited by Orion on
  • IzyIzy Member Posts: 26

It's really just the nature of the game. At high skill level the survivors are mostly the ones in control and they aren't afraid of the killer really. They just constantly try to toy with them.

Survivor games barely change. You do gens and you try to loop. All the survivors are the same. Survivors expect to win every game and really it's their game to lose. I think toxic survivor mains mostly have to add this extra component of picking on killers to have fun, while also getting angry if killers don't pay right.

Killers can mix it up. Often paying killers they aren't entirely good at. We know when we've had as bad game and we never expect to win 100% of the time. We know exactly what to expect from survivors. Winning is satisfying enough and we don't take losses too hard. We have tons more ways to lose making it easier to swallow.

• Valiant_MajestyValiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39

To be honest, I expect messages when I play Killer nowadays. Happens more often than not, but I have fun with it after I found a website that has all kinds of random facts. I'll scroll through, copy and paste a fact I like and that's my response. This screenshot was after one of my Plague games.

This accomplished two things

1. I confused him.

2. I stealth insulted him, claiming he had no friends.

So far, this strat is 8 for 8 : no responses and have gotten blocked all 8 times. 😂😂

• adsads123123123123adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 316

It's true. People tend to remember bad things more. I personally used to think survivors only said gg when they won, so I paid more attention and noticed this wasn't the case at all.

• jerakaljerakal Member Posts: 230

Between the teabagging, flashlight clicking, and post game trash talking, my experiences with most survivors are overwhelmingly negative.

It's bad, I fill out the surveys every time telling BHVR that it's honestly ruining the experience for me, but what are they gonna do about it? Give survivors a penalty in-game for BM? Not likely. All these salty little shits would ragequit in a heartbeat.

• CoopaTroopa006CoopaTroopa006 Member Posts: 11

This is by far the stupidest discussion I've ever read and I love it

At this point I should bring out popcorn and watch what happens next

• ScaryCatScaryCat Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2020

Some people play to discharge their frustration. Not to "have fun." They probably think they're good at it, too. So if they win, they'll want to make everybody know—they'll act toxic. Since they're such "good players," they'll expect a good outcome from every match. So if that good outcome doesn't happen—they'll act toxic.