Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This game is getting worse. Killer becomes unplayable in the evenings and on weekends.

Comments

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020

Sometimes I dread playing DBD because of this. It's pretty much play Nurse or Spirit or you're going to have sweat your ass off, even for Killers like Doc, Freddy, and Blight. Sometimes I'll even look at their profiles and dodge based on how skilled they seem if I'm fed up with having to sweat 24/7. I know that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but sometimes I just go "screw it lol".

I'd be shocked if he isn't.

• JustalittlepeeckJustalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    edited October 2020

Idk mate, playing in evenings when games are found almost instantly is awesome and I barely have any troubles with survivors.

I'm writing this comment while another game with "sweaty-tryhard" had been loading and I got sent on swamp as Blight where I got my "super op" ruin undying combo broken in first minute, with undying going first, so I had to play with two perks. Needless to say I was able to win that match even with two perks.

• megswifeymegswifey Member Posts: 815

Hello!! I have only been playing for like 6 months and am a survivor main, but when I play killer I unfortunately come across a few SWF or toxic players, but I still have fun! I try not to take my matches too seriously, it's just a game after all, but as a red rank survivor I understand the rush of getting those sweet sweet pips lol. Also, I have been running into a lot of sluggers and campers, but I choose to just hope for the best. It sucks, and although it's a strategy, it's pretty scummy haha. Either way, good luck in your future matches and I hope you get groups that are smart but also not mean to you-- calling out the 4 flashlight teams who pallet drop and wait for you to break it >:(((

• TattooJakeTattooJake Member Posts: 158

If this is the case you are overcommitted to chases. If you don’t get a hit or pallet in 15 seconds you need to rotate and apply pressure elsewhere. I know it’s so hard to let a chase go sometimes but it can be the difference between Winning and losing a match

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 600

Weekend is fine for me, but evenings of the workdays are disgusting. Just got a game against rank 1 SWF while I am rank 7 - couldn't even get a single down. And it is always like that. Looks like on red ranks there is no killers who want to play after work.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

Sorry I thought you wouldn't mind considering it's a pretty neat picture of yours!

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

if you take the mindset of "theres nothing i could do" you aint gonna improve, review the games where you lose and look for what you couldve done instead this exempt from very specific scenarios like a 4 stack on mothers dwelling with meta perks or smth

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

Region can make a big difference as to survivor strength. I'll straight up tell you, I'm a ridiculously good killer, because I've gone against these teams so often.

Best advice I can give, dont get frustrated, constantly pressure gens, get as many injured as possible, then slug their cocky butts. The frustration thing was the big key for me, keep the pressure on then and hope they crumble.

• zoozoom6zoozoom6 Member Posts: 819

you probably dont want to hear this but since i remeber your username from other posts i know you are a clown main. the fact of the matter is not all killers are equel in power. even if you are the best clown main in dbd is 1000 hours on clown you can be out classed by a freddy with 20 games under his belt and time with other killers while he learns how to loop. every killer in the game can easily take down a "team" of survivors that arent coordinated and dont prioritize gens. the only test of skill is playing against the good teams and if you are playing weaker killers you will have a tough time regardless of how good you are.

there is a very short list of killers worse than clown and many are just objectively better due to more tools in their base kit. experienced coordinated teams maybe impossible for killers like: clown, trapper, plague, legion, pig, wraith, bubba and myers but you can definely take out permanently rank 1 swf teams with top tier killers such as nurse, spirit and freddy.

im sorry to say your main is inferior killer and your frustation is just you reaching clown's skill cap only to discover its just not not high enough to beat a competent team

• wwemonkey619wwemonkey619 Member Posts: 10

Play as leatherface with insidious when it's an SWF they will try their hardest to make the save it's in their nature if it's solo ques they won't have a clue and get caught

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2020

Unplayable is a over exaggerating statement killer has been in far worse states then now.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,000

Not gonna lie, this is why I main Legion and Deathslinger. If I pop Frenzy, you're going to get stabbed. As Deathslinger, as long as my shots are on point I'm going to get hits and downs. I might not win, but I'm not going to lose without getting something.

• BassTramBassTram Member Posts: 195

To be honest, when I play killer I almost always play at evening/night and I just use BBQ and Chili and make it my goal to get all 4 tokens. Worrying about getting kills just stresses me out cause me, like you said, you have to sweat for it. If I get kills, cool. If not, cool. I only play now to get bloodpoints so I can still enjoy my matches.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

If I'm trying to avoid Seal Team-6 SWF, I play early in the morning. It is harder for them to coordinate all getting together at 5-8 AM. :)

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,372
    edited October 2020

I like it when people say(Also you might want to invest in learning an actual strong killer.) or play strong killer what the point in all have these killer if only a few are good and strong.

we can't play who we want still win we have to play X or Y killer or you don't have a change that not balanced

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,175

That's the curse of multiplayer games with a lot of viarity. Some options are bound to be weaker then others. The perfect balance doesn't exist.

I also didn't say stop playing weaker killers. You can do perfectly fine 80% of the time. It's just nice to have a stronger killer in your pocket if your expecting harder matches or need a chill match

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 347

idk what the OP is smoking, Ive been 4k all day everyday with all the recent changes. Almost feel bad for survivors. Its more like 3k i like to give 4th guy hatch not that sweaty.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 984

Practice, mate. As someone else suggested, if you want chill games and don't want to invest the time learning, just play customs with a few friends

• piggypablopiggypablo Member Posts: 102

git gud

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,196

if my 4 years have taught me anything its this "expect a draw with high rank swf at best" game is and never will be designed for it, too many factors will hurt you from the killer, map, tile RNG and perks the survivors are running. sadly it does put me off playing killer as much, but in the survey i always say i play more survivor but prefer killer. simple as that, it sucks to play killer at times (not to mention im waiting bloody ages just for a damn lobby... yawn)

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,318

Hopefully the MMR will work the way it's supposed to when it's back up and running.

Playing killer is a sweat fest for me in the evenings too, and in order to play during these times I have to adopt a care free attitude. Not caring about winning or pipping can make a world of difference.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,485

Agreed, late at night is the worst and it's actually better with crossplay on bc at that time on console it's pretty much all swf, who'll have 5 gens done before you have time to say "they just want to play with their friends"

I know you can beat them if you play flawlessly and it helps if you bring the sweatiest stuff yourself as well but even beating them isn't fun imo. Win or lose it feels less like a game and more like an ordeal.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,372

true but sucks we have to play all sweat to get 1 or 2 kills something.

• ast2astRegMgrast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124

I’ve actually gone back to some of the meme builds. Like blood warden in last 60 seconds of EGC. Or AFK with incidious and noed just playing around because match making still seems crazy and the 4 man swf’s

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

A friend of mine, who plays Freddy exclusively (in the same way I do Myers) has a rather nasty trick using Blood Warden. He will slug someone down in the EGC when he knows he is fighting a SWF. Being as altruistic as they tend to be, they don't leave. They will try to work out to make the pick up. Freddy waits until the End game collapse is more than halfway done and then hooks the slugged person. This brings up Blood Warden and ensures they can't get out before the timer runs out. It is pretty dirty pool.

• JephKaplanJephKaplan Member Posts: 308

Really accurate post it needs more attention. I've played like 10 games today 9/10 were all sweaty swf groups with the most meta builds both pc and console with map offerings and keys, i'd dodged a few lobbies and it doesn't even matter the 1 game i had was just 2 console 2 pc and i barely won it, had to slug cuz of a key and object but at least it wasn't a full swf (5 games on ormond btw 4 on rotten fields.....)