What are the most SERIOUS ISSUES with DBD?
I have played 2 years on PS4 as a survivor. I'm devotion 26, Rank 1 every season. I have a solid understanding of the issues survivors have to face, both as solo and in swf. But I wanted to narrow down the ones, for both survivor and killer, that are truly ruining the game. If you're a killer and have a list, please contribute. Here's my list for survivor:
- Matchmaking - results in frequent terrible games because teammates are awful
- No remedy for DCs - people should be allowed to DC but at least come up with a system where everyone else doesn't get screwed. Immediately end the game with safety pips for everyone at a minimum. I had a game yesterday where 2 survivors DC'd immediately, within the first 2 seconds of the match. The killer showed no empathy and just slaughtered us.
- OP Killers and Killer builds - Spirit is oppressive and it's insane that survivors have had to tolerate this for so long. Various builds with 2 super strong add ons + ebony mori + indoor map. Killers are able to run insane builds where even a strong SWF doesn't have a chance. Expecting survivors to just suck it up and play an oppressive, unwinnable game is insulting.
- Getting hit after a pallet stun - This shouldn't happen yet happens every game multiple times. Use your dual hit registration to decide that if a stun occurred then a hit didn't occur.
- Camping and tunnelling - A camping killer will get at least 2ks and often 3 or 4, especially vs a team of solos. The Executioner cage system should replace hooks altogether. Camping games are garbage.
- BBQ and NOED - They've been in the game so long it seems people have given up fighting against them but they both need to be nerfed. They are way too strong. It's one of the big reasons highly mobile killers are so oppressive and why good survivors lose games to noob or mediocre killers. Just 'getting in closets' and breaking all 5 totems every game simply isn't practical. I mind game the BBQ using UE but with very limited success.
- Lunges - These need to be toned down a smidge. Kind of ridiculous that i cant fast vault a window if I'm at a slightly off angle yet I can be healing near a pallet, see the killer 15 feet away on the other side of a wall, yet get hit by a lunge that turns 180 degrees around the wall from 15 feet away. Either nerf the steering ability to do 180s, or decrease the distance or speed. Something.
- The various neverending technical issues - Just yesterday had a game where all my HUD elements were missing. No skill checks. Couldn't see teammate indicators, etc. Med kits still heal to 99.9%. I still run into closets near windows instead of vaulting windows because they are the same type of interaction.
- Honorable Mention: Doctor and Indoor Maps - Especially bad when together but both these things separately are mostly awful to play against. Midwich still sucks hard. Hawkins and The Game still suck hard. Doctor is zero fun to play against. I'll hazard a guess that the 2 killers with the most DCs are Spirit and Doctor. The point here is to focus on experiences that should be fun for both sides.
That's my .02. I find that the prevalence of these issues cause the most frustration and sense of imbalance and unfairness with this game. For those killers considering responding, if you could respond with a constructive, mature reply instead of rude and pointless insults it would be appreciated.