Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

PGTW vs DS Bias - Discussion.

124»

Comments

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

It’s funny, the “too much time” comment made by Almo doesn’t apply to DS, it’s far more complicated than that.

Lower the timer? This punishes players who can put up a chase against the killer & makes camping the slug a more viable strategy.

Lower timer + timer don’t go down while in chase? Chasing mechanics are still buggy, moonwalking still removes chase & stealth killers like Wraith can just cloak & follow you.

• MasonOliver123MasonOliver123 Member Posts: 211

There’s several ideas going round, perhaps make it that when the killer hooks someone else DS is no longer active as you’re no longer being tunelled.

• MrLimonkaMrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    edited October 2020

No, DS can be used one time per player. And you only get to use DS if you're getting tunneled or if you're playing ballsy. So the truth is, even if all 4 survivors bring DS, the killer can play in a way so that DS is never used in the match.

And we were not talking about moris at all. Why bring them up? If you think they are fair because "mUH bALancE" then you are just an entitled killer main who wants to win every single match. It's not what multiplayer games are about. Cheers.

• MasonOliver123MasonOliver123 Member Posts: 211

Not really since it’s a full minute. You can easily chase another survivor - get them hooked go kick a gen and pick up a survivor and that survivor can still have DS

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

"the killer can play in a way so that ds is never used in the match" Like you mean letting them get ballsy saves and slugging so that they can use it in the endgame? Like if a survivor saves another survivor and they both have ds what do you do? let them go? Seems pretty dumb ngl. Thats the issue most killers have, not the fact they can't tunnel, but the fact is punishes killers for not tunneling because if they use it endgame thats a free escape. Also 6-8 pops can't actually compare to even 2 ds, let alone 4. And the fact that there's an obession or not makes you change your playstyle should tell you about the perk.

• MrLimonkaMrLimonka Member Posts: 545

Then I'm all for making DS a true anti-tunneling perk. Remove the timer and add different conditions, like deactivation on interactions and hooking another survivors while not slugged.

How do you get ds'd two times during the endgame collapse? Before the unhooked survivor has time to run away from the hook and heal so that he can even attempt saving another hooked survivor, the DS timer will go down in no time. IF the survivor has DS in the first place.

And the fact that an obsession is in the game or not should not change your "playstyle" in any way. You're just admitting that if there is no obsession killers will mostly tunnel without any worries. Truly makes you wonder why survivors equip the perk so much.

• voorheesgtvoorheesgt Member Posts: 824

There have been a lot of times recently that I haven't gotten to use pop more than 1 or 2 times per match. As soon as I'm carrying to the hook 1 gen gets done then another while running to it. Even at 60 seconds a gen needs to have progression to regress it. Idk if it's a strategy with SWF or just bad luck. Sorry to quote you as this is mostly unrelated... I didn't notice til near the end.

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

"How many times do you get ds'd 2 times in EGC" Only one is needed get a comfirmed escape. Let me give you an example, you hook survivor 1 but they insta save, you hook the unhooker (survivor 2). Then then he goes for the unhook with bt and then you have 2 people with DS. If the door is open they both get out scot free if they are near a door. And some killers will tunnel if there's no obession, just like how survivors will do the gens over friends tactic to get most of the gens done under 4 minutes because the killer didn't run gen slowdown. Both sides take advantage over the other's weaknesses. But the difference is the survivors who take advantage do it everygame regardless of the circumstances, while killers have to respect ds even if there an obsession. For example i watched an otz video post the final ds rework and he had to respect ds on all the survivor due to an OoO, turns out no one had ds and it was the OoO that made the obession status, forcing a killer to play in a way that is detrimental to themselves, hell even when i don't tunnel i have to worry about that 50 sec ds and leave them on the ground because i pick them up i get cucked and lose most of my momentum if the hooked survivor gets saved. So really ds should be a true anti tunnel perk and not a perk where you can make ballsy plays that would get you killed without ds.