Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Honestly, Ruin Undying needs a nerf

Comments

• Hxppy_ThxughtsHxppy_Thxughts Member Posts: 3

The whole totem mechanics honestly needs a rework, it is all luck based.

Some games hex totems spawn right next to you at the start of the game.

Where some games you get it in a ridiculously hidden spot.

I almost never see anyone in red ranks running hex perks except for ruin and undying, and rarely devour hope

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

The Undying + Ruin combo is a perfect example of everything wrong with DbD, if you ask me. Survivors can push through the generators so fast that Killers do everything that they can to stop that.

• KoloniteKolonite Member Posts: 1,226

I don’t personally use it. I have a hexphobia.

• mike1288mccarthymike1288mccarthy Member Posts: 76

We need to stop nerfing useless perks. Undying isn't even hardly used. There's only one perk that needs to be nerfed NOED

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Matches don't have a pre determined outcome, so having to give up a perk slot isn't a reasonable counter.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited October 2020

Again, matches don't have a pre determined outcome, so sacrificing a perk slot for something the killer MIGHT have isn't a reasonable counter.

Let's say hypothetically that I hate tunneling, doctor, slugging, totems, trapper, spirit and ghostface.

I have to bring DS, unbreakable, calm spirit, detectives hunch, small game, slippery meat, iron will and spine chill, oh wait! Survivors only have 4 perk slots.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,058
    edited October 2020

Distortion is a pointless perk that doesn't fulfill its function.(Seriously, it needs a hefty buff to even be viable) I've given multiple counters earlier in this thread, only one involving potentially running a perk to counter it.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 2,137

i included distortion because you can avoid then aura reading with it and imo it is bad but with it you can easily figure out if the killer is running certain aura reading perks or addons.

You can, but should never run it for that; there are normally easier ways to tell that don't cause you to have an entirely empty perk slot.

At least we agree it's bad. ;)

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I don't use it because i think it's still too inconsistent.

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 765

The only thing I think should be taken out is the aura ability.

• ThasardThasard Member Posts: 254

When the majority of matches you queue up in share this combo, it not only gets frustrating, but really boring too. I literally set out most matches and just hunt down all the totems to take this power away.

No combined perk power should be so strong that I anticipate it every time I queue up in a match.

• jerakaljerakal Member Posts: 230

Sure. As long as it happens after/at the same time as the DS/UB nerf.

• CleanseThePalletCleanseThePallet Member Posts: 4

Cleanse. Those. Totems.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 415
    edited October 2020

Have you tried ruin - undying - corrupt - bbq on nurse?

If you use it with addons, you're literally unstoppable. A decent nurse gets easily 4ks without slowdown perks and addons, with that it's just broken. Just the information provided by undying from people simply passing by a totem is insane, you can blink on them immediately. It's six seconds of aura reveal. That REALLY needs to go. I don't run hex perks, but I'm seriously considering just adding undying to my build for the aura reveal.

There's this streamer going on a 4k streak with that build + addons. People calling him "god nurse" kek it's easy to 4k like that

• GoodLookinCookinGoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 336

It feels oppressive because its early game is really good, the more totems you do the less powerful it becomes and it become easier to find the hex and destroy it. The only nerf I would propose it when you cleanse undying it gets rid of any other hex that it had revived. Undying is nowhere near OP it is just a strong perk that can be added to the current meta of gen slow down.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 108

Anyone remember when hex ruin was reworked and survivors told killers to just adapt and it rewards killers by pushing survivors off gens? Now when killers got a decent combo survivors think its too strong. You have perks to counter totems. You don't even need a perk you can also bring a map. Ruin and undying are fine. It makes survivors do the second objective and punishes survivors who just wanna hold M1 the entire game.

• ChantyBoiChantyBoi Member Posts: 87

just do bones lmao

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

And what exactly do you do without ruin and undying? Exactly relying on BBQ only.

I don't want to use the "coordinated Team"-argument again, but it simply fits.

Corrupt is below average on nurse, just fyi.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,079

It goes both ways.

The root of every discussion on this forum, ever.

The primary effect of undying is good as it is. Doing this second objective is fine and it does add an interesting mechanic to the game. The aura reveal is what makes it a huge crutch in most games:

1) 6 seconds of aura reveal for a survivor just passing by are absolutely insane, it's as long as I'm all ears which has the conditions of fast vaulting and being within 48 meters while still having a 40 seconds cooldown, and longer than bbq which requires you to hook a survivor, and still has a range. Here you just need to walk by a totem and you're revealed, with no cooldown or no other condition.

2) the overall combo is insanely oppressive for soloqueue, especially on stronger killers, who can easily drop chase on someone to protect their totem, while still applying a strong pressure

3) Makes Thrill of the hunt completely useless because yo uget its effect compoletely for free while getting also another effecct

Aura reveal NEEDS TO GO

edited October 2020

Nah, it's really not, unless the team decides to hide for 2 whole minutes which is not gonna happen in most of the games. And by most, I'd really dare to say 99% of the games this is not gonna happen. Casual play is not a tournament, people want to have fun, not tryhard every single game and crouch on the corner of the map until corrupt is gone. Paired it with ruin undying on nurse, you just need to apply pressure on 4 gens instead of 7 making the survivors get almost to no progress, and you'd be a hypocrite to say it's not extremely easy on most parties.

And again, the coordinated team argument too is bs, because it won't happen on most of the games.

Also I mean what, once you get the first down, the information and non-information provided by bbq is already enough to start the snowballing game lol

• turtlewhiskeyturtlewhiskey Member Posts: 3

The problem originates from bad solo queue players, players need to know in a similar for of PEMDAS how theres an order to how the map should be handled, i understand that there is a luck based aspect which is random teamates. Someone are bad but others are good, killers have the same thing. If 4 people arent on the same page, then it causes the (killers are op because my TEAM cant keep up). The best a survivor can do is make the best of the current situation, even if it means letting a survivor die to get an upper hand. Its apart of the game just overlooked

• BDS22BDS22 Member Posts: 146

The main issue is too tier killers are running this build like Freddy, which becomes a little too strong. Now on low tier killers like Wraith I think it's great and doesn't come off as too strong, but how do you balance it so it's not too strong for top tier killers but not too weak for low tier killers? It's definitely a meta now though, basically everyone is using it. I do see them changing the perk on the future but I don't know if it will be changed anytime soon.

• TheeclumsyNinjaTheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 137

Only nerf it needs is too remove auras... it already gives hexs a second/third/fourth chance potentially.

Im usually completely baffled by their perk/add on balancing strats lol

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 2,916

Well,if this combo just "might" appear then it seems like it isn't used every single game like some people pretend it does,because i can say that i've seen this combo only a handful of times on high rank.

Also,you aren't really forced to use perks like detectives hunch or small game.If the map isn't an indoor map then it's rather easy to learn the different totem spots

edited October 2020

I am seeing it very often (like almost every game) at high rank in EU, but I ain't complaining.