Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

"Entity Displeased" - Does that message just add a little extra salt to the wound?

UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 521
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Yes, I get it... all the gens popped in under 5 minutes and all I got to do was hook Dwight because he mixed up his teabag button with his pallot dropping button. I'm a terrible person.

"Entity Displeased" - thanks. I thought the match sucked too. Take the damn pip and STFU.

Can we get another message here? It's not like when a Survivor gets Moried three minutes in because someone without Borrowed Time says: "Hey, let's unhook in front of Insideous Bubba"... the game then says: "Match Result: Bad And You Should Feel Bad."

/salt

Comments

• lowiqlowiq Member Posts: 435

I guess you can get second place

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I know the feels. It´s amplified by this insulting, almost mocking sound cue, too.

It gets worse once post game chat starts and the survivors tell the Killer that he sucks, EZ and he should kill himself this disappointed sound and message are still fresh.

Don´t know whether they should change it. If they don´t, you can work on your attitude towards it at least, it will lessen the frustration more than any change of message ever could.

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2020

Or just, y'know, "Defeat"... like how Survivors get their result reported as a fact. "Dead"... "Sacrificed" or "Escaped".

Alternatively, if they wanna add something that demeans survivors when I make them depip, I could live with that. "Poor Offering" or "Unrespectable Showing" maybe?

• GodotGodot Member Posts: 806

People tell me the post game chat can be closed, but I think it would do everyone a favor to just remove it entirely.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Well it´s not so much a problem for me, people being mean on the internet really is the least of my concerns. There are people though that have a hard time coping with such things, it can really take a toll on them. I wouldn´t wanna miss the nice post game chats so I´ll always leave it open.

• TerroTerro Member Posts: 1,171

I thought entity displeased was the nicest way they could've put it. What would be better?

Entity disappointed? You lose? Defeat? Mission failed, you'll get them next time? Mission failed successfully? Entity sad? Entity lonely? Entity happy you tried? Entity not pleased?

• GodotGodot Member Posts: 806

The post game chat doesn't bother me either, but it does make me feel a bit sad that the players just HAVE to commentate.

This. It's really not rocket science. Match Result: X Survived is perfect.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 984

Why do people take everything so seriously? Next, are we going to get survivors checking their pulse to see if they're alive, because their TV clearly says they're dead?

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 2,925
    edited October 2020

It's an irrelevant message. Stop paying attention to it.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,311

It does a little bit

Like clearly I had a bad match but the Entity doesn't care

ME: It was a bad match... I'm sorry

Entity: I am displeased that you didn't kill anyone at all... Why did I bring YOU here... I got a headache now, get outta here and get me survivors

ME: .... fine

ME: -leaves chat-

Entity: For my sake I hope he gets at least gets one next time... smh

Entity: -leaves chat-

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

to me its just weird that survivors dont get the same stuff, they also have emblems to entertain the entity, merely crouching in a corner and escaping out the door should result in an entity displeased as well tbh.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,257

I found that a little too funny.

On Topic, I really don't think Entity Displeased is all that bad. It could certainly be much worse which I would actually prefer tbh.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,956

Chill, its just a message. They can also write "You lost", but this would be misleading for Killers who get a 3K despite playing really poorly.

They could also write "You deranked", but "Entity Displeased" serves the same purpose. If you get it too often, you should think about how to improve and not how unfair this message sounds to you.

• EgginierEgginier Member Posts: 3

Man screw the entity I sorta feel good when it's displeased. That's what you get for blocking perks in my bloodweb

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 603
  • Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,443

I actually think "Entity Sad" would be really funny. i would like that one.

I think the message they have is gentler than a lot of things they could have put, though I do agree that it's not on par with the survivor messaging. IIRC, survivors just get told whether their character lived or died, and it's not really related to their overall score, whereas the killers are implicitly being judged.

Since all of the other killer states are X killer -- like brutal killer, mercilous killer, etc -- maybe the de-pip state should be some kind of killer, too. Apprentice killer, maybe -- one who's still learning and isn't brutal yet.

• ButtercakeButtercake Member Posts: 1,652

I wish Entity Displeased screen had killers running with there hands up protecting their heads while Entity's spider arms flail down from the heavens slapping them about the head. 😄

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,657

I think if would be cool if the entity showed itself just to slap the killer and say:

”You fool!”

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,438

Counterargument: The Survivors don't directly report to the Entity, so it makes sense that they don't get reprimanded by the Entity. Meanwhile, the Killer does, so it's as though you yourself failed the Entity.

edited October 2020

If you're going with a Lore-based argument, sure they do. The Entity chose both the survivors and killers. We're all here to amuse the Entity. A terrible survivor who dies fast and accomplishes nothing would likely 'displease' the entity as they wouldn't be a worthy sacrifice.

I'm all for either both sides getting a factual result screen, or both sides being demeaned after what the game views as a poor performance. Even outside of the post game salt I posted this OP, I still genuinely don't get why they decided to basically demean a poorly played killer, but not a poorly played survivor.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,438

The Entity didn't choose the Survivors as workers; it chose them as hostages.