Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

I can't get away from this game dude

YordsYords Member Posts: 769

No matter how infuriating this game is sometimes I keep coming back to it because it is so fun to me. Why is this a thing with this game lol? I would say it is the most hate and loved game at the same time.

Comments

• lucid4444lucid4444 Member Posts: 470

The frustration is part of the game design, there's an interview with Matthieu Cote about it. Basically they want you to feel "arrgh that sucked, I can't wait to get back in the game and try again!!"

Only problem is that sometimes people end up feeling "that sucked, I'm uninstalling". It's a fine line to walk

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Your real goal is self actualization and reaching a Zen like state of calm. This is achieved through constant suffering.

• ZaKzanZaKzan Member Posts: 479

Because it's actually addictive in the way that things like caffeine cocaine and meth are addictive. \

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,589

You might want to seek professional help.

• OniWantsUrLocationOniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 290

I know this feeling. But tbh I haven't touched this game for two weeks now. This is the longest break I've taken so far. In the last 3 years I have played almost every day (usually 3-4 games per day). And now I'm not even thinking about coming back in the near future. It even scares me a little bit that I might be done with this game, considering how much fun I had with it in the past.

• ScornfulEpexScornfulEpex Member Posts: 617

You seem like a long time player and I've only played this game for 1 year or so. As I'm curious ill ask you, was this game better in 2016&2017 compared to now? I know a lot has changed.

• adirgeforthedeadadirgeforthedead Member Posts: 89

For a second there, I completely misread this thread's title and thought it said "I can't get away from this dude in the game" and here I was thinking someone had taken "stalking" to a new level or something.

Anyway, I understand this sentiment. I'm more of a casual player, I rarely play things with the whole intention of "outplaying" someone else or winning, but rather enjoying it as much as I can. I get some awful trials and others I end up laughing at the silly things that ensue. I always have that mentality that an enjoyable trial will eventually come.

• OniWantsUrLocationOniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 290

I started 2017, like a month before Huntress was released I would say. I honestly think that this game has gotten MUCH better in terms of balance since then. I've always enjoyed both sides (Survivor and Killer), but the Killer experience wasn't as nice in the past. I know people still complain because they think killers are too weak, but compared to the past, the current state is like heaven. It is true that a lot has changed. Depending on the people you ask, you may get different answers about whether these changes were good or not. The Devs took a lot from the survivors in the last 4 years, but these changes were justified imo.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 738

That happened to me, Started playing and only stayed for 4 months in 2016 before uninstalling . . .

. . . For 2 years.

I then re-install in 2018 and am still playing 2 years later.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 520

I'm thinking about playing solo survivor tomorrow night. Three days after rank reset. I know what is in store for me, but yet I'm still gonna do it.

I'm not even sure i like the game at this point. But I've been playing for 2yrs so I feel i have to. Makes sense!

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 378
    edited October 15

I'll go away for a few days, maybe a week... all the while I'll get restless and twitchy...

Within 7 days tops, I will suddenly hiss, swat at my loved ones, run into my office, slam the door and try to murder 50 survivors for an entire day.

I then come out and am OK again... for 1-7 days.

I think I'm pretty much an average DBD player.