Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Halloween "Event"

Comments

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

I heard roomer there was going to be a re-emergence of the legendary hallowed blight skin for Nurse?

I cant even find a screenshot of her outfit online any more. It's like I've shifted into a parallel dimension here it never existed lol.

Take my money damn you! I want this XD

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

Oh wait, never mind here it is:

^really want this

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,975

I played on ps4 last event and pretty much every event since the bbq event(since I started), I rarely saw any bps during the last halloween event, I moved to pc on the covid 1.5x bonus so I'm not sure how often pc survivors put bps during the halloween event.

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 2,112

There was an add-on for survivor's medkit as well. It was called refined serum and it moderately increases the speed of the survivor for 20 seconds.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,446
    edited October 2020

Well, I was not talking about the bps in general, just to compare. Each special gen gave 4k extra BP and each hook I think 2k

Meaning each side got round about 8-12k extra BP per match. So that's not what I would call a small bost. The 4th year anniversary was small, where you only got 500 for collecting and whatever for escaping on top, which was not the case every game. But gen BP you also got while dying on hook for example. We were like "nah, just finish the event gen before I die"

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Well, every time they try a new mechanic for events, everyone hates it. Lanterns, crowns, pustules. All hated.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
    edited October 2020

Points 1, 2, 5 and 6 are correct. Points 3 and 7 are partially correct.

There will be a new cosmetic for David on the paid track of the Rift, but they confirmed that there will also be other blighted cosmetics available that haven't been revealed yet. I'm not sure why you would assume that auric cells will be the primary or only method for obtaining the event cosmetics, unless I misinterpreted what you said. There's certainly no precedent for it - every other Halloween event so far has offered a means by which to get at least one or two event outfits for free.

Also, there is no new flashlight, just the normal Halloween one and the medkit, but there will be new event add-ons for medkits and flashlights. The "Broken Bulb" they showed on stream was just an example of one of those.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

This is true, but at least DBD has regular content atm. There hasn't been any non-skin content for OW in like 7 months. And before that, it was 6 months. It used to get new content in the same week as DBD did, every 3 months.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,972

I dont miss anything, people are complaining that they get free stuff and sutff you CAN buy. Its optional. Why would anybody complain about skins that cost money? Makes no sense to me.

I know... this is the forum, where the top 1% complainers are summond (including me complaining about complainers) but do we really have to discuss about free stuff and a event which does not have to occure? Take the medkit, be happy and run and if you dont like it, leave it.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250

I mean what else do you want to do unless you want them to go back to people doing the most scummy stuff possible to get serum and then suiciding on hook once they got what they need

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,639

Exactly this.

this thread pretty much started just to find things to complain about instead of getting all the current info about the event.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,548

I did not notice that in my games. But if they are too concerned for Plants, they should let Serum be available via Gens and Hooks. Then both sides only have to play the game and still get Serum.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,548

Completely agree. If the Offerings only give BPs, they should just do a Double BP-Event. My SWF-Mate and myself will burn every Cake or BPS we have left, so we will get a lot more BPs with that.

And btw., last year, the Event-Offerings only gave 3k Bonus-BPs for a Hook or Gen.

Look at the OP. All he does since years is complaining that the devs are ignoring the BIG issues and instead they focus on Skins and other uesless stuff... and now suddendly, he wants to start a rant because they dont do enough skins and events. HOW can we blame the devs that they wont take us serious if we have people here who act like that? Tell me.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,631

Well thank heavens hes capable of making a second video on the topic when the event comes out right?

• PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 239

I understood why they put the serums into the Rift last year; since it was the first Rift, they wanted to ensure we would play the new content. But with the lack of mention of the serums, I fear they will simply add some of the Halloween skins to the Rift and split them among the free and paid tracks. Not only that, but without the serums, we can't use them to by the older Halloween skins.

edited October 2020

Really you think that way?

So, if you dont mind, can you tell us what the big difference between now and then are? Not by saying "in the past everything was better". Just what exactly was better? Where do you see the entertainment value and where do you see now the engagement?

And why should that be important?

Also, it is not that i dont like the individual we were talking about, its just that he is only complaining for the sake of complaining. I mean ######### apparently the games problem are devs wasting time creating skins, now its the opposite? Where is my facepalm meme picture?