Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

When is it ok to drop god pallet?

2»

Comments

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 1,879

I don't care what X or Y streamer does. I'm not inexperienced, and it's pretty silly to assume that someone who disagrees with you must be inexperienced.

Optimal looping in my mind is the following. 1) Play a tile for as long as you possibly can. 2) Drop the pallet and go to the next tile. Repeat step one.

Strong tiles are just ones that you can run for quite a while before you have to drop the pallet / take a hit / leave the tile. They (usually) have a strong pallet that the killer can't play and is forced to break. You shouldn't instantly drop the shack pallet, but if you've run the killer around shack for like 30 seconds and the window is now blocked by the entity, 100%, drop the pallet. You've used the tile to its fullest, and now you need to drop the pallet or you're going to take a hit. Health states are far more valuable than pallets. Even if you're not looping optimally and drop every pallet a bit early, if the killer just chases you around the map and just breaks pallets without being able to hit you, your team is going to have the gens powered before you go down. The killer needs to land hits and get downs early or they will not generate any pressure. If you give them a free hit at strong loops rather than dropping the pallet you're just doing them a favor.

• JakojoJakojo Member Posts: 194
  • BeeRyeBeeRye Member Posts: 1

I'd say you can use it after 3 gens have been completed.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857

I would say, if you are about to go down while on death hook, definitely drop it. If you are about to go down on god pallet, when the basement is right next to you, definitely drop it also on first hook, when you go against Bubba, Hag or Trapper, as these killers are painful with basement pressure.

Otherwise, keep the pallet as long as possible, it might screw another teammate that comes by there later while being on death hook.

Of course there are exceptions. Like with basement near and ruin up, I recently had this scene, where I think it was worth it. And kinda funny

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,865

Honestly, the number of jumpscares I've had as killer because a blendette or meghead, or steve camped god pallet when I was approaching, is insane...XD

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857

The thing is, you can estimate if you can take the down, but you can't estimate if someone else comes by being on death hook and missing the pallet then. Especially if you were not able to get a good amount of time out of this pallet, there might be someone else coming by with the killer behind to loop this pallet for a longer time.

In other situations, for example if there is already someone on the hook, then you need to buy the team some time to recover, where I would say it is ok again. Having 2 survivors on hooks means normally a hard time for the team until you can go back on gens

edited October 19

If you'll go down no matter what and it's less than a minute into the match, (or basement is there) throw it down. (This will buy your team time to apply gen pressure and get the first few done) If you're death hook, even if full health, throw it down. (You should always play relatively safely if you're close to dying) If you've used the tile excessively, it's ok to throw it down; you've already been efficient, but more often than not the shack window leads into other loops, which is what can make it super strong, and it's usually better to use up those tiles before god pallet.

edited October 19

Can you give me an example of a situation where going down early instead of dropping a pallet is going to help your team?

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,800

I think its funny that survivors produce more jumpscares than killers

It is funny, but I get jumpscared aplenty; recently had a god Myers make me jump out of my skin with a grab, on an open map. His pathing had to be insane, because I was looking all around me not knowing what killer it was, in a relatviely open area.

The ruin undying tinkerer meta can make for a bunch of this too, unless you're on the gen that proc's it, since you should be on the lookout, even at the start of a game.

edited October 19

Sure, maybe that pallet could help someone who's on death hook. But your teammates are more likely to be on death hook in the first place if you're going down for free instead of dropping a pallet. Even in a hypothetical situation where you haven't been hooked yet and your entire team is on death hook it would be better to just drop the pallet. If you get downed and hooked, one of your death-hook teammates is going to be chased next. If you can stay up and continue to waste the killer's time while your teammates power gens, though, your teammates might escape.

Taking a hit for free when you can drop a pallet to avoid it is just giving the killer free pressure. Again, unless you're playing against a Legion or a Plague and you're healthy, I can't think of a single situation where not dropping the pallet would help your team. For that to be the right play you would need to be almost certain that the killer was going to hit you and then leave you.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,081

So it's fine to drop the god pallet at 5 gens for simply not to get injured, okay.

You're one of those megheads.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,473

Never, they are like elixers in rpg's

If you drop god pallet you brought shame upon your ancestors. No matter if you escape after or not

edited October 19

Yes, it 100% is. Don't camp it, but if you actually play the tile as much as you can and are then forced to drop it to avoid taking a hit, you drop that pallet. The amount of gens left is pretty much irrelevant. Pressure is pressure, and you should never give the killer pressure for free.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,081

That's not smart. That's dumb. Smart survivor knows that the next loop is near. Megheads dropping the shack pallet instantly at 5 gens, goes down after 10 seconds, and hurting the team even more.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,548

Your "Meghead" is bad. That doesn't make dropping the god pallet a bad play.

If there's another strong tile right next to the shack anyway that someone could go to instead of dropping the god pallet, sure, it's a fine play to go to that tile too. It's not necessarily the "right" play, though. Shack is still playable without the god pallet, especially if there's another strong tile nearby. That strong tile nearby might not be playable without its pallet, though.

My main point is that you should be getting the most out of any tile before dropping a pallet. Provided you do that, though, idgaf if you're dropping god pallet or some random unsafe pallet. I just flat out disagree that you should be prepared to give the killer a free hit, or even a free down, rather than dropping the god pallet, as some people in this thread are saying.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,551

I play both sides but how survivors are about looping and pallets in the game I wish killers could brake the pallet before the drop wonder how survivors would handle that.

I could see it killer goes right to the shack brake it.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 3,561

And you seem like one of those extremely pleasant people to whom everything is the fault of their teammates.

• LiunUKLiunUK Member Posts: 431

i usually only use it when im on death hook but the thing about shack pallet is while its up the shack is a super strong loop and some killers will drop the chase entirely if the survivors reach it. it's more of a psychological pallet than a physical one.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,044

Never!

God pallet must stay up forever or else you instantly lose the trial.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 963

I'll only drop God pallet if it's hag and basement. Otherwise, I'll just leave shack after I use it for a bit or take a down if I got outplayed. The value of having shack pallet up is that you can go back to it over and over again and earn at least a minute for your team every time you go there. That's much harder to do when the pallet's been kicked

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 992

If you cant block the window off without being hit don't drop it. Just leave the shack if you can. Only drop it if its really necessary like providing time to finish the last gens or to make sure you dont get hooked in basement by bubba or Hell if you're about to go down. Its questionable just dont do it too early is all I can say

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 992

Oni should only be done in swf I tried pre drops as a solo and ran him to my team😑