Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Killers Camping/Tunnelling Every Game...

Comments

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

This is like asking why survivors do gens. It’s just how the game was meant to be played and how a lot of asymmetrical games are. Really how any game is if it’s a pvp game they don’t care to be your friend. Once you understand that nothing like this will bother you.

• ItzPixelYTItzPixelYT Member Posts: 316

Its a forum people are allowed their opinion...everyone complains because they see issues with the game...if you don't like it don't come on a forum.

Not to mention how close together hooks are lately...trying to run stuff like breakout and actually try and do a fun build is annoying because there's a hook 5 yards away from the one you just sobo'd

• BigunBigun Member Posts: 16

No, and I hate to say it: Get good.

The game is way too easy for killers. No perks - wipe team - doctor good - rinse repeat in warm water. It's honestly boring and I feel bad for the survivors. I actually feel myself cringe when I have to load up a killer because of a daily ritual.... because I know, regardless of how little I try, at least three of them are dead, if not all 4. Hell most of the time I play friendly just to allow some points to build for everyone.

Hence why I have one prestiged killer and 4 or 5 prestiged survivors.

If your killer skills are so poor that you need to camp to get your kills - get your money back and go bully some toddlers. I'm sure you'll get much more satisfaction out of it.

• ChechiaChechia Member Posts: 182

Even if the killer get's alot of points it doesn't mean he pips.

And why are killers playing like that? Simple. Because the gen speed is too fast to 12 hook people. You can't play fair in most matches if you want your kills. I, for example, play fair because I don't have fun in tunneling and camping and most of my matches are a brutal because I get around 1-2 kills. Most of the times I actually get a 4k is when there is an opportunity to slug everyone fair and square. But that still isn't 12 hooking everyone. I don't mind, because I see "winning" in this game a little bit different and I just accept that there will be games where I don't get any kills eventhough I played very well, but other killers don't have that kind of mentality. The only way to get consistent kills is with tunneling, slugging and pseudo camping. That was also a common playstyle in the recent tournament.

So yeah, because this game is survivor sided, there will be killers who will play like this to get their kills. It's not fun but it's understandable. Even with nurse it get's pretty hard to pressure gens if you have a decent team. And she is still the most powerful killer in the game.

And let's be real: if a killer camps and tunnels and he still get's NOED in the end eventhough he didn't even tried to pressure the whole team, then that's definitely the fault of the survivors. It's not that hard to cleanse 5 totems. It really isn't.

This----^

This is how you play killer. I don't give two flips about kills. You want to kill the community? - Chase kills and never stop.

I disagree about it being survivor sided, but the bit about how to play killer. Couldn't agree more.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 1,871

I literally snorted soda out my nose reading this. It will be interesting to revisit this topic with you somewhere down the line of your journey. It suffices to say in the weaker Ranks (among newbies) things seem Killer weighted. I assure you things change as you go forward. I fight just to hold the line these days, a win in my personal mind being not pushed out of the Red Ranks before reset. :)

As you go forward, Killers have a much harder time holding the line. You need to play both sides, as I do, to really get a feel for the truth of the matter.

As luck would have it: I'm actually working from home today, the wife started playing, and got camped. Took a shot from my phone:

Guy wouldn't budge. It's becoming comical.

edited October 9

So, after a post game discussion, she played three games. Two of them she was camped until dead.

^---- This is what I am talking about.

They were also console players. Tempted to start gathering my own statistics when I play since bE has an iron grip on them, see if I can find some commonality.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 449

so are survivor complaints not valid? If a killer complains its completely justified?

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 1,871

Neither complaints are valid. Unless you are reporting actual hacking, lag spikes, or inappropriate Salt, your complaints are just a whining screed. Survivors and Killers both are entitled to make their choices in game, bring the items and Perks they want, and do anything that is within the rules. I'm not saying you can't complain. You have the right to scapegoat whatever you want. I'm just saying it won't be a valid complaint.

• ChechiaChechia Member Posts: 182
    edited October 10

Let me clarify what I mean with survivor sided.

I am not refering to any kind of meta perks or the fact that one single survivor can loop a killer for a total of 5 gens.

Let's look at the actual objectives: gens and kills.

A normal match at red ranks, decent survivors and a killer that can't pressure a loop actively like nurse or doctor:

In the start all survivors will immediately go to a gen, even spawning on them while the killer is at his weakest and needs to find survivors first. One generator takes a total of 80 seconds while the killer needs to 12 hook everyone to get his kills (that's at least how we all want to play).The killer will eventually find a survivor and chase him for, let's say, 23-30 second (or even longer if a strong loop is available). After he downed him gens will be around 60-70 percent. He then will take the survivor to a hook which takes around 5-7 seconds. The killer will then look around with BBQ or will go immediately to a gen. Depending on the map size and the distance the gen is having to the hooked survivor the killer might be able to at least stop one gen from being done. In the worst case (and that happens very often) he won't make it and 3 gens will be popping.

Around the time the killer has hooked one survivor which is a total of 8% of his objective survivors have done around 40-60% of their own objective. (and even if only one gen got completed because the other two were doing nothing efficient then this is still 20% compared to 8%).

That's why 12 hooking isn't working and that's why I said this game is survivor sided. The percentages are speaking for itself and this game isn't balanced at all.

And as long as the percentages are staying that way killers will not stop to tunnel or camp. Tunneling is at some point a valid strategy if it is being done at a crucial point in the game.

Post edited by Chechia on
    edited October 17

If a 88% success rate isn't enough, you're greedy - not handicapped. Change my mind, I'll wait.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 360

But nobodys ask you to be a ( boring ) rank 1 tryhard though

• TheRealSnoFlakeTheRealSnoFlake Member Posts: 14

You don't get 25-30k for tunneling. It's an auto depip after level 12. End of story. If you're having tunnelers, your rank 12-20, and your opinion is moot.

Tunnelers may not rank, but they ruin the game for casuals. Because in the mind of a tunneler, kills = win... period, ranking doesn't matter to them.

I really don't care about rank either, I'm out for a good/fun game. I happen to be rank 5, was rank 3 before the reset, don't really care if I rank up or down. I just want to play a fun game after I get the kids to bed. And immediately being hung and camped round after round isn't fun.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 453

Why are killers camping or tunneling you?

Like - what are you doing to make yourself a priority target?

Are you teabagging them? Are you using a key? A tricked out toolbox? A blendette?

Are you abusing survivor matchmaking protection to queue up against lower ranked killers with a low ranked SWF partner?

Keep in mind that this style of play isn't that much fun for a killer either. If they are doing it, chances are there is a reason.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 698

Its not as bad as people make it seem. Your just not that good.

• pandorayrpandorayr Member Posts: 444
    edited October 18

As long as the game remain poor balance with killers nerf, DS, OoO, and Gen rush I will continue to camp every survivor no matter that the opinion survivors, my decision has become personal such as football, politics, video game wars etc.

And if someone insults me in the chat I report it.

• IamDwightIamDwight Member Posts: 236

100% agree. I really can't help but feel like with almost every update this year, BHVR is really hand-holding killers pretty badly.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

If i could stay at purple withput throwing every other game I would. The problem is most survivors are potatoes. Thats why the devs make the decisions they do. Most of you are awful. Im at r1 cause yall cant hold m1 or w properly, dont have to "tryhard"

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited October 19

Had a russian Deathslinger some days ago that was literally the incarnation of tunneling. He even tunneled after BT, DS, bodyblocking, doorblocking etc. And ofc he also was toxic trash because he aimed with his weapon at the last downed survivor until he bleed out. So he completely fullfilled the cliche. I don't know why those inhuman garbage even exists on this planet. Thanks to all the crybabies and hyprocrites on this fourm this game became too easy for those toxic babykillers anyway.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,589

Why is every survivor dropping pallets?

• tak47888tak47888 Member Posts: 68

Ever since Crossplay is a thing, I only see console players running all the same small PP build on survivor..

"Game poor Balance" .... 50 Million Sacrificed Survivors vs 6.7 million Escapes...yep totally underbalanced...

I mean you can go to my YT channel and see that i'm not a rank 12-20...what a pathetic comment.

• seki23seki23 Member Posts: 782

the killer is on a rush to get rid of 1 survivor as fast as possible so is understandable.

• hillbillyclaudmain69hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,445

That's easy. I did it. Its a little thing called NURSE