Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

A message to Killers.

Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 476
edited October 22 in General Discussions

As someone who is now playing both sides of the game I respect that it's your job to well Kill. But This is a timed event. where we can all get more blood points on both sides.

You don't need to end the match as fast as possible to show how good you are. I've given killers blighted hooks when I can because I know it's their part of the event. And I'll do flowers and Blighted Gens as survivor even if I have to end up dead by the end. It is just a game after all.

I'm also aware that it's your choice of how you play as a killer and I respect that too. I just wanted to say my piece. I'm adjusting back to the usual destruction that comes with being a survivor.

This may fall on mostly deaf ears but I don't care.

Same goes for survivors too. we can all get more blood points and still have fun. I know I can.

Comments

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 721

I played vs Pyramid head yesterday. When he noticed me collecting flower juice, he just ignored me, but he clearly could give me a hit. When I finished flower I gifted him my flashlight and he hit me to show that we are not farming here. I respect that act.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 476

If you actually read everything I said I'm not attacking killers at all. and you only get the bonus for a blight hook once. I'm not looking for all points just the bonuses. The way they have this event structured is bad period. I knew it would fall on some deaf ears. and I said how good you are because I said something to a killer and he said you guys were just bad. just turning what I typed into something far more negative isn't the point

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 966

I've gone to event hooks and pointed at them if I feel a killer hasnt gotten many in a game. I am usually facecamped for it though I'm still optimistic I'll be allowed to be rehooked on another event hook at some stage =/

• IceyrawrIceyrawr Member Posts: 109

Wait, what is the event that you talking about?

• HEX_MalusGreyHEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    edited October 22

As someone else who play's both sides: Devs made the tome survivor sided with these pedals so you barely get into survivor lobby's. So i am kinda forced to play killer instead, which is good. With my best killers i can do 30k BP consistently in almost every match. Thus allowing me to grind BP that i can then use for halloween addons on both sides as well as extra rift progress. This is also part of the event and no bad or toxic intention. But i usually also give the hatch. So there is that too.

yeah I realize that, I'm not the one who organized the event. they're also too rare for what they are. It's a lazy event no question

• Xbob42Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Frankly I don't care about the event. It seems kind of bad and unfun. Rewards very little BP. I'm hardly going to go out of my way to ruin you trying to accomplish your objectives, but I also really don't feel like farming or pseudo-farming. I just want to play the game, and I don't want the event to be a barrier. If you don't like that it's limited time and requires a grind, talk to BHVR, they seem to think long grinds in short amounts of time are really fun.

• Babyyy_BoyyBabyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Killers will play sweaty and bring moris to end the game as quick as possible, EVENT OR NO EVENT. I remember when cakes were out and the offering screen loaded up there would be 4 cakes and a mori. Besides that, I played with my SWF today and we actually didn’t get sweaty killers we kinda bullied not gonna lie and I feel bad. Guess you’ve just been getting unlucky.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,824

The framerate with this most recent patch sucks too much for me to do much of anything, really. But the event barely rewards any BP. Just burn a brown BP offering, they cost less in the Bloodweb (I think).

There's really no reason for anyone to play differently on either side right now. Not meaner, not nicer, and not farming. It's just business as usual with a couple of barely noticeable pumpkins thrown in.

Yeah I've noticed that too after playing the event for a while I no longer really care. I will focus on the tome challenges though. After more playtime this event is a lazy effort. on the part of the devs.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857

you have all your characters already maxed out or what is the problem here? It's not like you should get every bloodweb for free + extra bloodpoints during the event. I think the 40k BP games I get with 3 offerings in a game is not that little

Ture as well,

I have zero maxed out characters. a few at P1 but that's about it. no not everyone needs extra blood points but a lot of people do and appreciate them. and yeah the offerings add up. if you don't need the blood points then they don't apply to you and that's fine.

• ZerLukasZerLukas Member Posts: 277

There is an event?

But seriously BBQ gives more bp than the event hooks. BBQ+pudding or streamers - much more. Not sure about survivors and event gens, didn't play them yesterday.

The event just doesn't feel special so I have no real incentive to not play normally and kill everyone asap.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,044

It seems to be survivors that wanna end the match asap. I can't even practice a game of nurse without 5 gens popping in less than 7 minutes.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 526
  • AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 489

Event ?

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,486

Hey guys, what is this guy talking about?

• GhostyyBoiGhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

But...

I see no event?