Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

What was the last event you truly enjoyed in DBD

2»

Comments

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 726

I've joined on 2018, so don't know that one. But I loved 2018 winter event if they have resemblance. Those mystery boxes got me lots of good stuff. And menu theme was great.

• The_KrapperThe_Krapper Member Posts: 1,051

Summer BBQ was easily my favorite, this event is not only lacking somewhat but it also isn't generating alot of the new items or offerings in bloodwebs , I have everyone maxed out I've probably spent around 600,000 bloodpoints and only got 4 petals about 6 serum add ons for the medkit , one Halloween medkit and one Halloween flashlight, 2 broken bulbs..... For that much in bloodpoints I would've expected more from an event

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,406

Howling Grounds/Summer BBQ. Both are basically the same event, but Howling Grounds is notorious cause of some horrible balance decisions made by the devs for a week or so. The 4th Anniversary was alright, and so was the first Hallowed Blight, it just needed some tweaking.

• elasticheartelasticheart Member Posts: 133

It would be Howling Grounds.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 2,778
    edited October 2020

i liked the lunar event with the lanterns you could collect. it made the game feel more competitive in the sense of collecting the event currency which also helped reduce gen rush since everyone was more concerned with finding and holding onto the lanterns.

i never really liked the events where only the gens and hooks provided the event currency because that actually resulted in players only caring about getting the gens done which sucked since players would either rush or go out of their way to sabo event hooks to screw with the killer.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 533

For anyone saying Hallowed Blight 2018 was the best Event: IT WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

It was nice that the devs tried something new with the cankers and the vials you had to fill.

But the game was UNPLAYABLE for 2 weeks.

Almost every survivor just tried to fill up his vial (sometimes only took the last 10% of the vial to complete it, so they had to go in a new game and suck a plant dry for 5 seconds) and after that they just KILLED themselves on hook to get into a new match because they kept the vial if they die.

Nobody was playing normally, they were just going after cankers and then kill themselves. Horrible and boring as a survivor and a killer player. I'm happy they changed it this year but I expected a lot more, an actually event to grind for rather without so many ways to exploit it.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Summer BBQ and 2018 Hallowed Blight.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,948

Moonrise was a pretty fun event with the lanterns and all. I had fun and you could actually earn cosmetics.

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 954

Definitively Moonrise. It gave a slightly different game experience without pushing either side too much. And people still were playing quite normal. No suicide, hardcore play or farming. Lovely event.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I don't even remember

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,937

I like the first time we got Pustula plants & the 1-year anniversary in terms of specialness.

If i did it in terms of BP, so many would be #1.

Have you ever looked here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Events

If you look at the Past Events section, you can see how the amount of Events decreases with each year. 🤔

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 945

The most recent one I enjoyed? The anniversary event. Crowns were an interesting gimmick and it was good motivation to play pretty much all of the original characters again. Plus cake, lots and lots of cake. Oh, and the fantastic new (and unfortunately temporary) loading screen.

Favorite overall? Moonrise. Felt a little less cheese-able than Hollowed Blight (2018) while still having the unique interaction with the Lanterns. Plus the Firecracker Hooks/Gens were my favorite event re-style of those elements.

• vindictivevindictive Member Posts: 13

definitely moonrise event... at least it was an event

• ggallinftwggallinftw Member Posts: 225

Yeah I agree. Seems a lot of ppl like scorchin summer bbq. Must be why they discontinued it and gave away the event rewards for free to everybody.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,910

Probably the Halloween blight event in 2018.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,692

None of them ever since I bought the game they've been uber lackluster

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 482

Definitely Moonrise. Collecting Lamps was better then just harvesting plants and wasn't that bad since ppl weren't throwing games

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 584
    edited October 2020

I enjoyed the moonrise event althought I was triggered by teammates throwing the game to get a lantern they could get later. Before that my favorite event was the Hallowed Blight event. It gave survivors something else to do even though it made us all mindless hoarders. I laughed all the way to the hook, as long as I got my nectar. Worse gameplay of my life but I enjoyed it.