Home Optimization

FPS drops after 4.3.0 patch. (PC version)

popvegerpopveger Member Posts: 3

In 4.2.1 patch, in-game maps got nearly constant 60 FPS.

But now in 4.3.0 the FPS drops significantly to around 35-40.

CPU : Intel core i7 9750H

Graphic card : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660Ti-maxQ

RAM : 12GB

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 2,347

What settings and resolution are you using?

• popvegerpopveger Member Posts: 3

Here. I didn't change any settings after patch the game.

Your resolution is set to 18% with a GTX 1660... and its dropping frames?! I am very confused. Are you playing on like a 16k monitor? XD I'm honestly wondering if the resolution upscaling is performing poorly for some odd reason. 18% should be a breeze to run on your GPU, but the game should also look very potato-like.

What resolution is your monitor? If it's 1080p, you should be able to set the resolution slider to 100% and have the game look a lot better without having frame drops. I raised my FPS cap to 75 to match my monitor, I run on medium at 1080p, and I still only rarely drop below 75 FPS. I have a GTX 1060, which should be weaker than your GPU, so you should easily be able to handle 1080p / Low / 60 FPS.

• McZeroMcZero Member Posts: 1

What's wrong with the drive utilization in the main menu? the system process drive utilization is also caused by DbD, this was not the case before the patch!

Graphic quality on low!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4-3200 CL16 Dual Kit

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Quick Silver 8G OC

on Win 10 2004 with newest Driver

• popvegerpopveger Member Posts: 3

The monitor resolution is 1920*1080 and 125% zoomed (default)

I tried set to medium 100% like you. It's nothing wrong in the main menu, I got the lowest 100 FPS.

But in-match maps, with the same settings I got 35 FPS.

That's really weird. On 1080p / Medium / 75 FPS cap I only drop below 75 in certain situations, like pretty much playing against Doctor lol, and even then I'm still over 60. Thanks for providing your settings - hopefully that gives folks who know more than me something to work with. This definitely sounds like a bad issue though; you definitely shouldn't be dropping to 35 FPS on those settings with those specs.

This game does that and has for a while. I'm not exactly sure why, but it's a [thing].

• CheekyDorongCheekyDorong Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2020

Ever since 4.2.0 patch (the one with Blight) my frame rate has dropped drastically for some reason.

I have a video recording of gameplay on 2020-09-04 with 43~48 FPS

and another one on 2020-09-12 running on 19 FPS. This is on high graphic quality.

This is from the same day, running on low quality. The difference between High and Low is a mere 5 FPS.

As far as I know, the only change that happened between these two dates is the 4.2.0 patch (2020-09-09). Plus after every single patch involving graphic updates my framerate seems to drop even more.

Believe me, I've tried every solution online. Nothing's worked so far. After upgrading my computer from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM (2020-11-15, after 4.3.0) the FPS went up to 50+ FPS

before plummeting back down to 16~25 FPS with the patch that followed (4.4.0).

Since this patch I'm getting 16 FPS on new maps. The game's literally unplayable at this point and I'm sick and tired of trying out useless solutions to just PLAY the GoDdAmN gAmE. PLEASE for god's sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

• My PC :

CPU i5-9400F

RAM 16GB

GPU GTX 1050ti

I know my PC isn't the best, but ngl, every other game I play runs on 60+ FPS. GTA runs on 90 FPS, R6S runs on 60+ FPS, I don't experience any difficulties in playing anything other than DBD. When DBD runs in this quality the computer isn't even using all its resources; I have every reason to believe this happened after the visual patches started and it's gotten to the point where I can't play killer anymore and despite my miserable tries to play survivor, my gameplay has become nothing more than garbage. The longer I wait, the less faith I have in BHVR. I'm a tad away from deleting the game entirely which is just miserable since I enjoy the game itself a lot. Please do something. All I wish for is NORMAL GAMEPLAY.