Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Tunnel champs

I came back to DBD after a break and I've been tunneled to death in every game I've played, so far. I was excited to do the the new archive but I think I'm ready for another break after two days worth of being tunneled. I don't think there is a solution. I think the event is inspiring people to get as many points as possible and tunneling is an easy way to accomplish that. Half of the time when someone unhooks me, if anyone unhooks me, at all, it almost feels like they're working with the killer. I'm tired of being in the middle of everyones greedy point grabs in this game. It seems like this game is really fun for about 1-2 years and then you get stuck playing with the same tunnelers over and over and it gets really old really quick. Maybe I should just play killer and tunnel everyone too and then it might be more fun somehow? At least I wouldnt be wasting anniversary cakes bc nobody can tunnel the killer. I just don't think that seems like fun though. What does everyone else do when they get tunneled, seemingly no matter what, every game?

Comments

• DerpyPlayzDerpyPlayz Member Posts: 182

If you are getting tunneled then ask yourself why and take them on a chase, if they keep following you they aren't doing gens.

Then if you lose them don't do what made them tunnel you unless you have to.

• AhluviaAhluvia Member Posts: 19

I noticed the tunneling and early-game moris are a lot more common since cross-play came in... probably because you rarely get a PC killer. That's not to say it was only ever console players doing it, it just seems more common with them. I've had to turn cross-play off (thanks to some random post I read, was trying to do it wrong) and the survivor matches are so much better. I turn it back on when playing killer though because they're usually at the same skill level as me. PC survivors can be a little mean to inexperienced killers. lol

Sadly you just demonstrated you have no clue what you are talking about.

No, you don't use perks to counter tunnellers you used chase.

If they chase you and you alone then your teammates can pop gens quickly for the second time.

Pay attention.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,089

Also, unhook when it's SAFE, not when the killer is within a 32 meter radius of the hook.

Yes, I forget I am talking to people who likely don't even understand hook phases.

Therefore I would assume he would just understand that, although you have a point of saying it just in case. XD

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 353

Not if you got players who run away at the slightest heartbeat. You're proposing that every survivor is on gens when they're not getting chased when that's not the case most of the time. I had a game where survivors would run when they hear a heartbeat. So don't assume every player is going to be doing gens when they're not getting chased

Sure occasionally your team is incompetent, however generally they will actually just do gens naturally.

The problem is this is a strawman because I haven't assumed one thing or the other, I simply stated if you are in chase your team can get gens, and that's the end of that.

Stop being disingenuous, the point was simple, if he does his part his team can do their part. IF they don't then its not on him, its on his team, either way survivors still would be the reason why the tunnel worked.

Present my argument how it is given, very much so if you are gunna quote it because otherwise you look silly.

• WingmonsterWingmonster Member Posts: 13

Honestly, I feel no shame in tunneling at all, I really don't. I've been dealing with so many toxic survivors that I don't care anymore and will do everything to kill them.

Funny how you say that because you said if he's getting chased then his team can get gens but what if they don't? What if they're hiding in a corner because they so happen to be in the terror radius while he's trying to loop that pallet that happens to be near the area where the gen is? You think every survivor is doing gens when they're in a corner/locker hoping the heartbeat would just go away. Yeah whatever floats your boat man

Stop making a circular argument ill state it one last time.

If they don't it the other survs fault, in that case its still the survs fault they lost to tunnel.

I don't think anything other then what I have told you to your knowledge, so back off and stop telling me what I think and form a actual argument that doesn't rely on you strawmaning me and focusing on semantics to win points for an argument that is flawed from the start.

It's funny you say that because when he responded back to you about anti tunnel perks you said he was wrong and telling him to rely on his teammates for his survival when basically this is a last man standing type of game. He can do what he wants and equip what he needs to survive the trial. That's basically what the game is about

Strawman, illogical conclusion, generally fallacious as well is not an argument but a assertion.

Therefore true to my word, I will just be stating you fallacy and adhere to the fallacy's fallacy, as if you aren't interested in a real conversation then I am not either.

Sometimes they tunnel you as well if you're wearing outfits that are on the premium track of the rift. My friend just got the Nea shirt and she was tunneled and camped because solely on that cosmetic. Sometimes outfits can also get you tunneled

At least this reply wasn't fallacious and was just a statement.