Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Red Ranks: Kill & Pick Rates

Comments

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,528

Thats kinda my point. Any game with a suicide on first hook or a DC on hook will inflate those numbers.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

I've literally safety pipped at rank 1 as killer with 0 kills, because I got 8 hooks and delayed the gens well. I find it hard to depip for both roles, but pipping I find to be much easier as killer than survivor, too.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,475

So... how does it count the kills?

Do disconnects count? Hook suicides probably do.

What about the rank of the survivors? Since the matchmaking loves to toss green or lower rank survivors into a pit with red rank killers.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,081

"None of the stats include matches with DCs. That said, a DC is basically a kill anyway and results in the remaining survivors likely dying fast also.

As for suicides and first hook deaths: the stats dont differentiate suicides/first hook deaths/face camped to death or final survivor dying on first hook."

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,734

Oh was that you those twelve times? Oops. Maybe try boopin the snootin.....

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

Probably. I've lost count of how many times the Pig has killed me.

• nytkimnytkim Member Posts: 102
    edited October 2020

That's to show how few people know how to play nurse. Pig having better stats than spirit is not surprising at all. Most people who play pig actually knows how to play her. Most players who play spirit barely know how to play the game and just want to rank up.

Also people DC all the time against spirit/hag/pyramid head

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

My question what’s the kill rate based off of? Is it based on 1 kill a game or more?

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, it's like @Aven_Fallen said. Pig has a very dedicated cult following who actually understand her VERY well. It also helps that we have Scorpionz to boost that stat.

That being said though, her add-on pool is one of, if not THE, worst in the game.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

kill rates are so irrelevant, ok I got 4 kills during EGC, who the ######### cares? the game was over

but hey your little stats only care i got 4 kills, forget the gens were done in 5 mins and I played a pallet breaking simulator

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

you could 4k with gates open sure, and black pip

yeah you "won", even though all survivor objectives were done 🙄

if that's how you want to view things then by all means, but that's a pretty casual way of looking at things

Disagree, and no they aren't. I've always followed the Emblem system.

Entity Displeased is a loss. I DID NOT do my objectives, and yes there are 4.

Brutal Killer is a draw. I didn't suck hard, but I wasn't great either.

Ruthless is a win. I rank up.

Merciless is a big win. I did my job completely, and proved I can do all 4 objectives.

• SlunksterSlunkster Member Posts: 83

I see nurse still need a huge buff, she's still clearly as weak as ever.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,683

Freddy kills 3 out of 4 every match at prestigious rank 1. Wow!

Where is his nerf hammer?

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,795

Nah,that spot takes Demo,Deathslinger and Pyramid Head imo

• DecarcassorDecarcassor Member Posts: 651

Just like the last time we got such broad statistics, its really hard to conclude anything from them because we don't know how they are gathered.

What does "red ranks" mean ? Are games where where at least one of the players isn't red rank discarded ? Or is it just the rank of the killer ? You often get matched against purples or even green survivors as a red rank killer.

What does "kill rate" mean ? Does it account in any way for things like, DC, suicides and Morii ?

The only meaningfull stat here seems to be the pick rate, because we know what it represent. The rest might as well be numbers pulled from a hat.

Actually screw all of this. I want to see stats about average number of morii performed per game, average number of DC, average number of escape atempts and average struggle time. Then we might actually be able to discuss anything.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,500
    edited October 2020

While this may be a sign that the game is killer sided. Before making any other changes. We need to look at the most common reasons why a survivor team gets slaughtered.

1. A survivor DCs or kills themselves on hook. Now I know these stats don't include DCs, but that just means the stats would be worse if they did. Behavior needs to remove the ability to unhook yourself unless all survivors are on hooks or downed and they need to keep the existing timeouts DCs
    2. Moris. Moris are entirely unbalanced and allow the killer to quickly remove survivors from the game. They have too much impact on the game and should be removed (the lowest tier should become base kit, they could even handle it like they do with Pyramid Head where the killer needs to accomplish some goal for the mori to become available to use.
    3. The Iri add-ons of specific killers. The iri add-ons are too powerful for the following killers, Huntress, Michael, Plague, Clown, and Spirit. These need to be toned back some.

Once the above 3 are done then we can revisit the stats to see how the killer survivor match-up looks like. I think that if that was done we'd be much closer to a 50/50 ratio for killers and survivors.

How many of them actually HARM them by using them?

Lose all map pressure from your power for 12m wall hacks. Oh, BTW we're going to give Wraith the same thing but no downside and purple, not pink. He's also faster while stealthed.

More skill checks, with a Great result still existing, meaning that they can remove the power more easily.

Or even the one that people want BASE KIT. Disable the ability to see auras until the trap is activated, aka force survivors onto generators.

Demo, Slinger and PH all have some bad ones, but you also don't have trade-offs WORSE than your benefit!

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,312

Most popular killer atm for me is definitely Blight, followed by Oni and Bubba.

I've only faced Myers once this year. Where the duck have they gone?

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

I remember the developers saying an above average winrate is fine as long as the killers are fun to play against! With that said, if they aren't fun to play against or found problematic by the majority of the community, then it's likely the developers have that killer on their radar!

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,795

Hmm,Deathslinger has one that lets his chain break more easily for more deviousness points and demos ultra rare addon increases the cooldown of his teleport for increased undetectable duration after a teleport (which is completely useless considering how insanely loud he is).

But yeah,pig is definetely in need of an addon rework

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,992

Jigsaw is probably played by people who like her game mechanics and are probably very good because they have a lot of experience on her while Spirit is probably played by FOTM people who only pick her because she is super easy to play and extremely rewarding, that kind of players tend to be average-ish to bad, thats why they go for the strongest thing out there, they need the help to carry them to victory.

Do you really think the noobs who cant do anything will go after the Killer who gets most "this Killer is crap and needs buffs" threads? or the "this Killer is too strong, it needs to be nerfed" threads?.

After I first picked her for her tome I noticed you can tell how bad of a Killer someone is by knowing how many people escape when playing Spirit.

• CheyeneKLCheyeneKL Member Posts: 714

90% of the time I get a farming killer, it's a Pig. So these stats are also ignoring the fact that, for some reason, there are apparently tons of Pig mains who love to farm LMAOOOO

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

If any killer should be getting buffed is Plague/Demo because they have a less than 3% pick rate and yes I noticed Hag has a less then 3% as well but she's such a boring killer to play. In my honest opinion they should nerf her camping abilities and add that somewhere else to make her fun to play because no one wants to play a killer that only excels at one thing. Give Plague and Demo a buff

• HEX_MalusGreyHEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

Look's like there are very few but effective pig's on the road.

That must be a region thing, because I almost never farm.

Based on my own play, I would argue that these stats are wrong because the only Blights I have faced were in mid ranks, not red. Nurse is almost never seen, Pig never appears in red and all that, until you consider that it is GLOBAL and we have not been given a definition of a "red ranked" game.