Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• FambinoBambino_FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135

Wasn’t the blog post referring to the past 2 Halloween’s and not this one?

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,308

I just went back to re-read the blog itself, and honestly, I can't tell.

Between October 23 and November 1st 11AM EST, save up to 75% on a selection of outfits, including the Hallowed Blight and Hallowed Catalyst Collections!  

There is also no picture of the current cosmetics either, just past ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they do try pass off this current sale as being included in the advertised one.

• Maria00098Maria00098 Member Posts: 1

The actual halloween skins are part of "Hallowed curse" which they didn't mention in that blog.

• AstrianAstrian Member Posts: 249
    edited October 2020

Nah, they've been taking content out of the Halloween event for years now, for no reason. They have the code to do it, they have the ability to make it great and just flat out choose not to do it.

Hell, they have the code and the ability to add the Serum currency in the game, it was in the rift last year, but they just flat out refuse to do it. Why? What did they just yeet the code into the garbage bin once last year's event was done? It's literally copy paste, I highly doubt that the game has changed so much in the year that the events took place that literally placing serum currency in the rift would be impossible this year, but possible last year.

The answer is extremely simple, Greed. They wanted people to pay more and they did. Now because nearly everybody complained, they scaled back; extended the "Olive Branch" as you put it. They took 2 steps forward with the greed and took 1 step back due to backlash. Next year they'll take another 2 steps forward and so on and so forth.

You give greedy people an inch and they'll take a mile, we've seen this time and time again with other developers and we're seeing it now with BHVR before our eyes and suddenly people are okay with getting enough shards to buy ONE skin. We used to get TWO before!

What's going to happen next year? Next year we'll get more Halloween skins, no serum currency, and no discounted prices, hell why not just take the blighted gens and hooks out of the game altogether, they're the last remnants of the event that have yet to go. What are people going to say then? "Well last year we only got 1 skin, so I guess it's okay, at least we can use shards to buy them this year..."

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 3,972

sadly this is more complicated then most storefronts as they most likely don't have the best way of tracking and refunding that easily, its hundreds if not thousands of hours of work that will cost them a good amount of time and money just so people can have another skin or two, just let it go I already have

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 3,972

ironic but just get over it, get what you can free and spend a few bucks if it really matters that much to you or just pass on optional ingame skins

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,308

Thanks for clearing that up. Then I take back what I said earlier in the post. Now it just seems 100% a scummy move to pull after people bought the outfit Day 1, even with the log-in bonuses being added.

• ClonedhorrorClonedhorror Member Posts: 11

They weren't originally going to do this much for the event I firmly believe that the people pushed them to do this event the way they are doing it now if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the community that wants a mile after asking for an inch.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,822

I do think the shards we get should be 2750 for all the days or at lease 1000 not 500

• GorgonDorgonGorgonDorgon Member Posts: 94

I bought the Felix skin with cells, since that’s the only way to get it lol or so I thought! It doesn’t show me since I already have it but did it go on sale for shards too? Cause if so I’m gunna feel pretty ripped off lmao

Yikes. That actually really blows, thanks for letting me know though

Yeah it is really scummy I got the only other skin that cost cells (Felix) besides ghostface and now you can get it with shards. It’s so dumb I feel like I literally just wasted my money

• That1nameThat1name Member Posts: 33

If they were going to go on sale soon after release, why not make it so it costs less from the time where it was released to where they wanted it to end. This whole event is confusing as it sucks, the add ons sucks, and even the challenges are a bit hard. I am not complaining about how this whole event was a mistake, it’s how they hyped up the event.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 589

Sales can happen at variable dates, so that's on those who spent what they had at the time, me included. Our patience wasn't anticipating this to happen.

• Sunbreaker7Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 547

Giving store credit instead of money back is not a good refund policy, it ensures the seller that they get to keep your money no matter what, so of course they are more than happy to "compensate" for your loss because in the end, that money is spent and they get to keep it, does not matter what you end up buying with it. However, if you are okay with that, then sure, no one loses in the end because you were going to spend that money on their products anyway.

• XerophXeroph Member Posts: 3

Hopefully they'll do something, but likely they won't do a thing

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 428

Like the title says. Me and many other people out there already spent their hardearned shards on these new cosmetics when they came out just to be told a couple of days later that there's an unexpected discount for them. I feel sincerely cheated by this.

Will there be partial refunds? I haven't heard a single statement from BHVR regarding this.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

According to screenshots of support messages from people who tried getting a refund, it seems like you're out of luck. You're getting the finger.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 1,968

Support staff are almost certainly not allowed to override such a policy, someone higher up will have to make that decision.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

I couldn't be arsed saving up the [BAD WORD] k to buy the Nurse outfit so I just bought it with Auric Cells lol

This discussion has been closed.