Home Discussions General Discussions

There is no justice with NOED

Comments

• ScornfulEpexScornfulEpex Member Posts: 620

As a solo queue survivor I would love to be the dedicated totem cleanser.

Problem is none of my other teammates either don't do gens or can't last more then 20 seconds in a chase. Hence we die.

• kcwolf1975kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 625

Can someone find that dead horse meme????

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,709

The problem is, if a killer camps your only real option is to do gens. You can't waste time looking for a totem while your teammate is on the hook. The killer only needs one decent chase, and then they can slug at the end for a 4K. Especially if the gates spawn close to each other. And its effectiveness (or lackthereof) doesn't matter, much like OoO's effectiveness doesn't matter. Neither may be great perks that guarantee success, but they're both not very fun to play against.

• Mushy_PeasMushy_Peas Member Posts: 10

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but someone has to say this eventually.

First, you admit that you did the bones, and your three teammates did not. Your solution is to blame the KILLER for the inactivity of your own TEAMMATES who did not contribute to an objective.

Why don't you just blame the killer for not doing gens, too.

And second, I've seen how you play. I know you. And it's pretty much always the same. You are suspicious that they have NOED. You, WITH SPINE CHILL, get on a gate to open it.

Spine Chill is active.

You can hear the Terror Radius getting louder and louder.

You know they are coming.

Despite this, you stay on the gate until you have LOS to the killer, and TO NO SURPRISE, they chase and down you.

Also, to even LESS surprise, your scared teammates ditch you, and you die.

Now, I'm not implying anything here. But I'm sure some players might handle this situation differently than described above.

I would be interested to see what results they have.

Again, not a personal attack. Just food for thought. Don't @ me.

• superc37superc37 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020

For the same reason survivor crutch perks like DS, unbreakable, borrowed time, sprint burst, adrenaline, etc exist OP.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Yes.

The person who is being camped should have been aware of their surroundings before they got in a chase and should have given their teammates enough time to do one or two gens before they got hooked.

If they went down before some gens got done, that’s on them. Learn to loop, the maps are literally designed to waste the Killers time.

Once hooked, the rest of the gens can be completed if the Survivors know what they’re doing. Even versus Bubba, optimal Survivors can always trade hooks with the hooked person or even escape and waste more of his time.

Survivor mains don’t like hearing this, but most of their problems come from the fact that they’re simply bad at the game. That’s why there is so many requests for “nerf nerf nerf”.

Just as the Killer is not entitled to get a Kill, Survivors are not entitled to Survive a match or rescue their teammate. You always have the option of opening the gate and leaving.

• superc37superc37 Member Posts: 2
  • NegiNegi Member Posts: 231

It should be in the game because old ruin isn't. Do the totems, you have plenty of time nowadays. If you don't even want to do that, at least remember where some are and take a look before rushing out the gate.

• Mushy_PeasMushy_Peas Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2020

"I do what I have to for my team. They don't."

They why is it "stupid killers playing video game" and not "stupid survivors ruining my games"?

If they aren't gonna help you, just hide and let THEM get downed. No point being the bait for a useless team. Use them as bait instead, and maybe they'll learn from their failures. Behold the no-bones counter to NOED; sacrifice the non-boners to teach them a lesson.

Here's a life lesson for everyone: if someone is causing a problem for you, make it THEIR problem instead.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Killers take my immediate ire for having the perk.

The survivors have a longer lasting one because they allowed it to happen.

People excusing the perk on these forums keep me frustrated with it for having terrible excuses.

I am frustrated with EVERYONE over the perk. bHVR for making it, other killers for using it and other survivors for not removing it.

If you are who I think you are, you've been in my head long enough to know that.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,904

I am tempted to throw on NOED just for the laughs I'll get out of it...

But anyway this has already been said but I'll say it again... A totem counter would be nice (for all players)

Better map design would be a good thing...

Better totem placements also are a good thing...

the only reason this perk gets the most complaints is because it's a surprise... From when it activates to when the first survivor goes down...

I once had a match where I did 4 totems and 1-2 gens (with help) then NOED showed up... But the killer wasn't really trying in the first place so we all were able to leave...

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited October 2020

What's wrong with people using the perk? Perks are meant to be used pig, I hate NOED just like you do (as you know), but there isn't anything wrong with using a perk.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Same thing as throwing yourself at the killer with DS. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with, and I hate getting punished for the actions of others.

• LuffyBlackLuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
  • MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 901

NOED is easy to deal with! As a solo survivor I don't get triggered if NOED pops up!

I don't do totems unless I come across them as I'm playing (or if we are notified of Decor Hope), if NOED pops up, if I don't come across that totem as I'm heading to the exit gates I'm leaving!

It's in the survivors hands to eliminate totems, their optional objectives! Instead of getting tilted about the perk, just get out of the match

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,110

It's a free kill perk. There's nothing really more to be said: do bones, get 4k'd for wasting so much time. Don't do bones, watch your teamate die. Yay. Fun times.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 1,421

But that is a matchmaking issue, not an issue of the perk.

• Grimmy_BluuesGrimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 70

NOED is a bad perk. It leaves you without a perk slot for an entire match until the endgame and can be countered reliably.

It CAN reward bad killers, but not everyone who runs it is a bad killer. Same logic with DS for example. A survivor can be caught off guard after a killer hooks someone, getting them downed. But DS saves them and makes up for their poor skill. If you run DS you aren't immediately bad, but it rewards bad plays.

The argument of only rewarding bad killer plays is stupid. If both sides are playing well, the last gen is bound to pop. Ideal matches are 2ks after all.

I

• noctis129noctis129 Member Posts: 799

Noed doesn't work on me. There's no bones left for noed to activate.

The shock on the killers face at end game.

I love noed, waste of a killers perk. I want noed to stay.

• HamburgerlarHamburgerlar Member Posts: 58

According to the survivor's handbook this is just another perk that killers are not allowed to have it's here on page 52.

• BestGameBestGame Member Posts: 69

small question here ? why gen rush ? why not do bones ? as simple question like that...

• Dead_By_DevsDead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

Simple do bones, gens are fast anyways. There are countless perks, not to mention an item thats rarely used, The map.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

How is a HEX perk an issue? They are suppose to be strong because they can be canceled before they even work. It’s this magical thing call high risk high reward. And why is it this perk you choose? Hex:Ruin, Hex:Undying, Hex:Haunted Grounds, and Hex:Devour Hope are all stronger totem perks then Hex: No One Escapes Death. And don’t say it’s cuz of exposed two of the other totems do this and multiple killers do it basekit or with add ons.

• GhostyyBoiGhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Any topping you want, except mayo.

Please don't ask for mayo on a hotdog.

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 908

I'm glad you got my point. They are both unfair perks, they are opposite sides of the same coin. None of them should exist. Well done, mate!

• F60_31F60_31 Member Posts: 61

Do bones.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 986

In my experience, a Killer usually gets 1 down with NOED and then it gets cleansed, against decent Survivors anyway. It's really not that strong considering you have to wait all game to get it.

Besides, good Killers don't need NOED to kill you anyway.

• kcwolf1975kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 625

Exactly, if someone gets a 4k solely because of NOED, then those survivors are garbage.