Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

Ps4 / console issues (IMPORTANT)

PaintingexpressPaintingexpress Member Posts: 13
edited October 2020 in Technical Issues

So this game runs horribly. Every time I’m in the load up section, my ps4 overheats. It’s a ps4 pro. It’s also the newest ps4 pro they made. It’s also only half a year old. I also clean it all the time. Also I give it good air supply. I also have it stand up. I also have a relatively cold room. I also constantly restore and delete unused data as to prevent burn ups. But anytime I play ONLY this game, my ps4 overheats. And guess what, this time, it hit the limit. I thought my ps4 wouldn’t overheat from this dog ######### of a game, just once I could actually play it. But now, this is what my ps4 pro has come to

I’m factory resetting this in hopes of restoring my ps4 pro, but you bet your ass I’m uninstalling this game forever. You devs seriously have some issues to work out. Like #########. I’m literally going to cry right now because this was my ps4 that I saved for 4 months to buy, it’s hard. And now you’re ######### game ruined it. Like why can’t you just spend a patch fixing frame rate and overheating issues. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Holy #########.

• AzerothAzeroth Member Posts: 66

Bro i feel your pain this game run like a ######### on ps4. Overheating, lags they should refund money or fix this game !!

• PaintingexpressPaintingexpress Member Posts: 13

I was able to fix the issue, but only after I factory reset everything. So now, I have to spend days fixing everything. Thanks BHVR! I hate you!

• KingOfBadRNGKingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited October 2020

Well thats weird I've played this game for probably a little over 3k now and have never experienced this i have a old ps4 and have been playing the event alot recently.

I don’t mean to be salty, but good for ######### you. Just because everything is fine for you doesn’t mean others aren’t going through anything. Sorry. I’m just REALLY mad at dbd for this. It was ONLY this game that made my ps4 turn into a jet engine. No other game made even the slightest hum. I just am really hoping I have all my progressions saved in a cloud because I was going to do my monthly back up soon but now it’s kind of ruined!

Btw it has been like this since pyramid head. And it’s been getting worse with every further update and patch.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Oh man, dude I feel bad for you. Sorry to hear about this. I’d cry too probably.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

I hope a factory reset sorts it out, because THAT looks like a GPU problem... O.o

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,855

There is also a problem on Xbox One X, not this bad but still. I started the game yesterday and the first game just disconnects me right when I spawn on map. The screen freezes and makes a "brrrrrrrrr" noice for a few seconds, game restarts by itself and I lose item, addon plus gets 5 min matchmaking ban. After that I seem to be able to play many games and no problems. Today first time starting game same thing happened again.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

^ I've actually reported that crash and odd audio noise but yet to hear anything back.

• VorusVorus Member Posts: 2

Had the same issue on my PS4 pro until one last time yesterday when it turned off due to overheating...

And today my PS4 won't work any more. It turns on but displays nothing ! I think the GPU is burnt down, thanks to this bloody game.

I bought my plastation 1 year and 3 months ago, so it's 3 months too late for warranty...

Isn't that properly irresponsible to realease a game so badly made that it ends up physically damaging the playstation ?