Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• LowSpecGamersMatterLowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

Imo BHVR F ed up hard. However, its the guys own fault for spending that much shards/money into these skins. We all told you NOT to buy anything to show that we dislike this event.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

I suspect they are contractually obligated to pay some costs for every sale, so a refund would put them upside down. That is an unreasonable request. However, I do feel, given the odd situation and timing (as well as reason) for the sale that those who made this purchased should be compensated with some other cosmetics (of their choice) of equal value to make up the difference. That would seem to be a win/win for both those who purchased before the sale, and the company.

• elpohelpoh Member Posts: 222

but give us the price difference back don't should make them lost anything

shards can't be bought with money.... is just a imaginary currency earned by playtime...

it's just be nice with with the players who buy them more expensive for no reason...

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

Personally (and NO I do not have any insider knowledge... I don't work for the company) I feel that the people who did buy them will get it addressed one way or another. Patience is a virtue.

• MasterManMikeMasterManMike Member Posts: 19

So basically, always expect a company to be ######### because other ######### things exist? Why does it have to be that way in the first place? We can't change it just because it's the norm?

• MendaxMendax Member Posts: 130

Dude, they announced the sale Hallowed Curse 2 minutes after the news about shards :D

Yes, no one expected this. I totally understand when I was buying DLC and outfits on the day of release that they may be on sale after 2-3-4 months. But not in two days :D

Most recently, I was also a white knight :D And I paid for it. Trust me, man, they don't need protection :D

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 907

you know, i would LOVE for BHVR to work on the ACTUAL problems dbd has. but in the past 3 years i've been playing, those seem to get fixed rather slow, and they fix some things that dont need fixing too. skins come out pretty regularly though!

• PipefishPipefish Member Posts: 331

Well Halloween is all about trick or treating. They tricked us with overpriced cosmetics, now they treating us with free iridescent shards 🤣

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 907

im aware it takes time, you'd be a fool to not think that. but some problems have persisted for years. some simple changes have stayed unchanged for years. and it seems like every other update breaks the same things over and over. i get bugs and glitches will come with every update, but when the same ones keep popping up, theres something seriously wrong. and when the game is completely broken on one system, and the fog is thicker than a thick crust pizza on another system, its clear not much time was taken to test the update before pushing it through.

these aren't some group of highschool students making a game for fun, this is a company hiring professional people, and paying them, to do this work. and im sure they do the best they can, but when the team is stretched thin to work on so many things at once, and get it all done in a short window of time, ######### can break. and yet somehow there hardly ever seems to be a problem with skins, or charms, or the rift, other than player's preference. i guess i just wish they'd hire more people to work on fixing the game, make sure the game itself works as well as the other stuff. just my preference to play a game that works though i guess.

• HlidskialfHlidskialf Member Posts: 58

I think is common sense that they are working in a bunch on things. That's why they have multiple teams inside of the company to deal with each part of their business. I'm not going to stop complaining just because "they did their best", "it's free currency", "you should get over this" and etc.

I hope until Tuesday we have a response and then i will stop posting about it.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,849

They can only sell for that much if people are willing to spend it, so stop spending ridiculous amounts for costumes it affects everyone else! Now that you did well obviously you were willing to pay it, so this sale should not bother you that much. This time people that are willing to spend 9000 will do it, and they should not complain if there is another sale for 5000 shards in a couple of days either.

But yes this was badly handled by them of course, but it's their game they can do whatever they want. They might lose players because of this so, well it's up to them.

This discussion has been closed.