Home Feedback

Sorry for whoever has to look through all the bug reports

I used to report any bugs I ran into, after It switched to having to report bugs in a forum post I maybe have only bothered to report 2, it just seems more complicated for not only the person reporting the bug but also on the ppl who have to sort through it all. I just have a thought to possibly streamline things I know I can’t be the first to think this but a search option in the bugs forum would make it so there were less reposts on same bugs. If the person reporting the bug could type in a keyword say “totem” then they could see all the most recent bug reports on that issue and hopefully find the one they’ve experienced to upvote or add a comment to. Or they could see that no one has reported the same issue recently so they then would start a new discussion. It should be also when you start a discussion the most recent post with the same keywords should show up to suggest going to an already made post instead of reposting on the same issue someone already has. Also the form that used to be required with bug reporting should be part of posting on the bug report forum so you would have to give possibly relevant info like what system you were playing on when the bug occurred with you’re post. Basically bug reporting as it stands now is messy and more chaotic than it needs to be

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 10,327

You actually can do that, although it's not in the section itself because it's in the main search feature.

you can just type what type of bug you are reporting, and then select what category your are searching in, set a date range etc if you need to.

I'd love to implement one that would directly search bug reports without having to go through the whole search feature though, and definitely I think it would make things easier to find.

Thank you for your feedback on this, it is something that we'll look into as we develop the forum further.

• DaddyFatSacks420DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 105

Thanks for the info.

• DaddyFatSacks420DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 105

Would just hate it if very rare bugs that get reported about once slip through the cracks because they’re lost in the sea of reports of more common bugs that get reported repeatedly