Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Seeing people accept their "apology" worries me about the future of this game

Comments

• HagIsBestGirlHagIsBestGirl Member Posts: 157

I don't get why so many players get bent out of shape when a business sells them more optional products for their already paid for product.

You aren't required to buy cosmetics to enjoy the game. We don't -need- extra mechanics to have the fun we already enjoy.

So we got a lackluster freebie this year? Big deal, lol. 2020 has had way worse problems than our collective BPS budget. 🤣

• HagIsBestGirlHagIsBestGirl Member Posts: 157

But..."happen" is so dramatic. What this all boils down to is folks not liking the quantity/quality of event luxury items.

It's reasonable to be irritated...but to push the needle past irritated into borderline boycott and righteous indignation is supremely silly.

If you don't want it, don't like it, don't need it: don't buy it. That's all. If that happens enough, the profit incentivized business that we treat like billy locked in the basement will notice lol.

Tl;dr- chill bro, they're pixels.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

I for one won't forget and forgive BHVR for getting some virtual compensation when they're literally screwing up their game in a maddened desire for more money. The game's on a downhill slope and have been for the longest of time. I hope this event wakes people up.

• LuffyBlackLuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
  • RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

That’s what I said there won’t be a winter event same as there wasn’t one last year because of the battle pass

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,155

Yeah. Pretty sure they confirmed no winter event this year. Sad times. 😕

• PennywisePennywise Member Posts: 218

Halloween should be the one event DBD does amazingly well, they should be putting in maximum effort but the event has got worse over the years. I think the problem is BHVR no longer need to try, the rift gets them to desired engagement, no need to go the extra mile for a seasonal event. Unfortunately, they have forgotten what made Halloween so special in this game.

The sale on the halloween cosmetics and the daily login rewards are nice, I appreciate that and if that is all they could do in response to the feedback then that is fine but this year will go down as another Halloween event wasted. We can only hope they do something special next year.

• thebigbertathebigberta Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2020

I hope this is a joke. From their own site, Behaviour claims to have more than 600 employees. https://www.bhvr.com/about-us/

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,050

I have never made a "joke" in my life, and I have no intention of starting now.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Being sheeple is what people tend to love, and fundamental change like what we want to happen to BHVR's philosophy requires a significant amount of use to not be sheeple, which is a very big challenge. That's true of most everything tho.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I don’t know if it’s been fully confirmed by them and I’m not too sure if what I’m about to say will get removed or not, but I will go ahead and see what happens. In the files it was found that there is no work being done for winter but already work being done on the lunar new year. So this may kinda confirm they are skipping it for new year but we will have to see.

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 1,078

I've been away for a few days.. where is the apology?

• LuffyBlackLuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I'm sorry, but I take issue with the victimhood in this post. Literally no one here gets bullied because they're please, their content is usually followed with an insult of those who are unhappy with the state of the game. A lot of history revisionism here. They are called entitled, whiny, I've seen people go into details as of why DBD's current state will not work for the community in the long run get shut down with "You meanie meanie heads! <3".

One thing I must ask and I am asking you...what are we missing? I'm not coming at you, I am asking a genuine question. What is it about the other side we must empathize about exactly? Disdain towards the criticism of your favorite product? I've been there but I also know to suck it up then move on. What is there to empathize with? No one was able to answer this question. You can be happy with a product then acknowledge that it's in desperate need of a change. There's several people I am still civil with and respect despite our disagreements.

You could say the same about the other side. Threads downplaying the issue and insulting those who are concerned about it, people shaming people for their outrage "Everyone so angry XOXOXO" and if I'm being honest? Yes. A lot of the responses do reek of intellectual laziness. I could understand in game community's woes feeling like a small minority but you're talking about a literal mainstream issue that has been covered in media. Game companies are going to court over these live services. The fact that these do not belong in Dead by Daylight should be as clear as the grass is green. All of it boiled down to entitlement. Naturally people would get annoyed.

Personally I think debating is fine, but it's a waste of time. We're just going to argue in circles. Players need to vote with their wallets. Not that the outrage will do any good, everyone will forget tomorrow. Ironically this is the most this community has ever been united.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,263

You need to empathise with why people choose what they do. If you see someone who disagrees, getting annoyed with them is a useless tactic. You need to actually understand why people are content. They do not see the faults the same way you do, so saying they're simps or white knights or any other keywords that so happen to be at hand is going to make them strengthen their position even more.

You're asking people to vote with their wallets. Without debate, it's a blind tactic. Only some will do it, whilst people who enjoy the game won't. No debate equals no change.

Also, there is no "victimhood" here. It's a call for people to stop this whole "Oh, you disagree? Well, you are a simp" mentality. Never once did I say this was bullying. It's about mocking and shaming in a vague attempt to change people's minds. I suggest this is something you need to look at yourself and ask yourself "Why did I interpret this post as that". Something clearly struck a chord in you.

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

The game has spaghetti code because the devs cant stop thinking about food because they cant afford any!!

It all makes sense now....we...we are the monsters.

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,144

It's not accepting. If no-one buys their products because they are not a fan of the system, then they will go oh it seems this event idea wasn't popular. You also gotta remember its not as if the devs consistently do this stuff. So far it's a once off. If it gets worse then yes sure go ahead and complain but you gotta remember nothigns been easy this year, and I feel like ppl should honestly just give the devs a break from the constant harrasment.

• goatslingergoatslinger Member Posts: 522

What is amazing to me is how many people either were not around or completely ignore how the forum blew up last year when we had the serum event. People were going to quit playing because it made the game so horrible. Nobody did gens and just rushed to collect serum and it made the game unplayable blah blah blah. I wouldn't blame bhvr at all for never trying to do any event again. Nobody is ever happy lol.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,050

That was two years ago. Last year was collecting serum via the rift, which wasn't massively interesting but still better than this.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 979

Do you think this time they'll at least put in enough effort to copy and paste festive themed hooks, barrels and lockers? I might be asking for too much, though.

• BingbongbongBingbongbong Member Posts: 202

Meh, It's the same thing different situation. In a few weeks players will go back to normal and any new content will continue to be heavily monetized.

Just like when the rift came out people were very upset they added a battlepass into a pay to play game but now it's just accepted, so much so that the devs thought it a great idea to tie events to it last year and double down further on the monetization this year.

• UnchartedUncharted Member Posts: 136

I honestly doubt it, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.