Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 907

you know, i would LOVE for BHVR to work on the ACTUAL problems dbd has. but in the past 3 years i've been playing, those seem to get fixed rather slow, and they fix some things that dont need fixing too. skins come out pretty regularly though!

• PipefishPipefish Member Posts: 331

Well Halloween is all about trick or treating. They tricked us with overpriced cosmetics, now they treating us with free iridescent shards 🤣

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 907

im aware it takes time, you'd be a fool to not think that. but some problems have persisted for years. some simple changes have stayed unchanged for years. and it seems like every other update breaks the same things over and over. i get bugs and glitches will come with every update, but when the same ones keep popping up, theres something seriously wrong. and when the game is completely broken on one system, and the fog is thicker than a thick crust pizza on another system, its clear not much time was taken to test the update before pushing it through.

these aren't some group of highschool students making a game for fun, this is a company hiring professional people, and paying them, to do this work. and im sure they do the best they can, but when the team is stretched thin to work on so many things at once, and get it all done in a short window of time, ######### can break. and yet somehow there hardly ever seems to be a problem with skins, or charms, or the rift, other than player's preference. i guess i just wish they'd hire more people to work on fixing the game, make sure the game itself works as well as the other stuff. just my preference to play a game that works though i guess.

• HlidskialfHlidskialf Member Posts: 58

I think is common sense that they are working in a bunch on things. That's why they have multiple teams inside of the company to deal with each part of their business. I'm not going to stop complaining just because "they did their best", "it's free currency", "you should get over this" and etc.

I hope until Tuesday we have a response and then i will stop posting about it.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,629

They can only sell for that much if people are willing to spend it, so stop spending ridiculous amounts for costumes it affects everyone else! Now that you did well obviously you were willing to pay it, so this sale should not bother you that much. This time people that are willing to spend 9000 will do it, and they should not complain if there is another sale for 5000 shards in a couple of days either.

But yes this was badly handled by them of course, but it's their game they can do whatever they want. They might lose players because of this so, well it's up to them.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

poor customer service seems to be a trend...

this is not saying anything about the devs as people but as a subgroup of BHVR.

Same!

imo is just a bunch of wrong decisions while the whole team is stressed out to release new content every 3 months and still making content for tomes, rifts, skins and still need to deal with the same old bugs and complains about them.

I know all these things are hard but we still can complain if we think something is not right and this "no refund policy" in this specific case is not.

I'm personally only posting about this here on this thread and isent the link of this thread for some people who were being bullied on Reddit. Not bullying bhvr employees on DMs nor the poor twitter guy.

• NaturalHurdle70NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I get that you won’t buy anymore, people who have that don’t care will, it unfortunate that’s how this is I’m at devotion 9 and I wasted some too. ButOnly If we waited.

I have all the time in the world. Not worried at all.

I know you understand that companies can overrule the EULA if they see fit. You don't look like someone without any kind of education. If they don't want to do it, its alright. already said this a thousand times.

Good night man.

• NaturalHurdle70NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I get it do , why is everything whining when people express there opinions. Are you tough as nails if you keep taking it in the buttocks from everyone. You don’t write just like me me . We have a choice and our choice us chime in and get it out, maybe there mad not sad .

• LowSpecGamersMatterLowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

in that case I take my words back, I wasnt that active to see that by myself. Damn, why are mods going this route now? Thats reaaally bad shine on them and BHVR

• JoeyBobJoeyBob Member Posts: 477

Instead items should never go in sale!

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 654

It's incredible how BHVR still hasn't replied to this thread yet. FYI, sticking your head into the sand won't make the problem go away.

• PapaBlessPapaBless Member Posts: 3

So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

• elpohelpoh Member Posts: 222

this was more like there was two clients at the same time, and one buy the ice cream at 2$ and the next client buy the same ice cream but at 1$

because yes, without explanation.

and if i was the ice cream seller i don't gonna change the price randomly because yes

but if i change them the next day, for unknow reasons, and someone ask me to give the price difference back, sure i will

• DeadboyDeadboy Member Posts: 15

You obviously haven't been paying attention lol. They literally say it all the time in their streams. Go watch nearly any of their streams including the latest one when they literally talk about what the two different teams do lol.

• DeadboyDeadboy Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2020

Stop white knighting. The event was hardly an event. It was tied to the rift so if you didn't complete it now then you probably won't be able to ever unless they do blight stuff again. And the "event" consisted of pumpkins on gens, holding m1 on a flower if you even had that mission selected from the tomb, and expensive as usual cosmetics with no way reasonable way to earn them within the event. The devs screwed up and thanks to the masses of understandably unhappy customers who had to sit and watch other game companies who actually care about their player base give out an event worth playing we finally got some form of rectification. I'm not saying bhvr is heartless or that they're the devil but you can't deny they tried some squirrelly shite and would have then made that the normal practice if not for the people who were willing to get banned to defend all of us. A word of advice, defending poor practices don't enact changes like the ones we have all come to enjoy today, we have to keep on top of them because if we don't even try then obviously nothing is going to stop companies like these from becoming ea. It's a shame it all came to this and I usually don't write on these forums out of fear of getting banned or attacked by a mob of poor opinions. So if you do then obviously you've never had to fight for what you've wanted or needed. Okay I'm done god bless and take care folks.

Read this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706677/#Comment_1706677

TLDR: The sales was a band aid fix for some players but a massive scummy move for other players.

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 600

That's like sayin: Yo on Black Friday I got this pants for 5$. But when it was released I payed about 40$. I wanna get refunded.

This doesnt make any sense dude. Idk how much you spent but I bought between 250 and 300 skins. I own all DLCs and I also bought the battle pass. Do I complain about a idk 50% off for all DLCs or sth? No, because it doesnt make any sense at all.

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 600

But theyre also gifting shards every day now til Nov 2nd. So you can easily buy another skin you like. Isn't that fair enough?

If they wouldnt I mean I would get your point and say yea that wasnt the play tho.

And I am sure there will be a redeemable code for some shards the next few days. But for the devs it's way to complex to make sure that specificly male sure you got joked on. Just sayin after 4 years they still cant release one single patch without tons of new bugs.

This discussion has been closed.