Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does killer just...feel off after patch?

2»

Comments

• SpookyJeffSpookyJeff Member Posts: 108

Seriously, how screwed is the game when it even does the successful hit animation and still doesn't injure the survivor?

• BugsGaloreBugsGalore Member Posts: 57

A lot more full meta squads are popping up since the tome's release. I've been seeing a lot of keys lately as well, I've had to tryhard a lot more on my mains.

• jisp3rjisp3r Member Posts: 307

Pay attention to how many times you're using Pop now with the 40s duration... I've been paying attention to my gameplay and i'm using it way less than before.. We've got no gen defense now besides the Ruin Undying garbage meta... They want us to use this boring build.

I mean... If you go to the gen to use Pop now without caring about survivors that appear on the way.. You get 25% regression but lose sight of the survivor meaning you will lose the gen no matter what.

If you chase the survivor, you lose the gen also...

It is way harder to defend now without high mobility... I would say it is even impossible.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,046

Your points are valid here but there is a substantial amount of frame drop and stuttering that affects both killers and survivors.

I find these stutters happen typically when an event takes place, like a gen pops or I achieve bloodlust. I get them from time to time just wandering around the map but they are most impactful during chases. They make jukes rather powerful, as you stutter to the point that even if you track the survivor well and time your hit you've stuttered into an overturn and when the framerate catches up you are facing the wrong way, swing and a miss.

A lot of potential hits are going by as misses as a result. (I'm not saying I never get outplayed but the stuttering and frame drop has some substantial effects, all of which lengthen chases a key component of the game). This has only become problematic for me since the last couple of patches and I got a substantial improvement after switching off crossplay.

I definitely have a "better" (as in less laggy) game with a lobby full of other PC players when compared to a lobby of crossplay icons.

Yes 90% of losses are likely to be human error over machine error, however this new level of frame drop and stutter has exacerbated any error I make meaning that recovery is that much more difficult and as such overall gameplay experience is diminished.

I think that's an issue worth pointing out.

• Jed_OlsenJed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

Ok he clearly hit Quentin there, you do realize that right?

I have no issue going for grabs, the unhook animation takes a few seconds, you have time

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Oh, why didnt you mentioned earlier that you are just trolling? Got you.

How am I trolling? Lol why wasnt True complaining about it?He said nothing, because he hit Quentin.(why else did Quentin scream like he got hit).

Yeah I totally agree the performance can make your games a bit painful, freezing when tier up as Myers or when bloodlust kicks in can buy the survivors some time get to safety.This can make the game unplayable.It wasnt an issue 4.2.0 my killer games were perfect, hope it gets fixed soon

• eric_alrasid17eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119

Yeah, it feel slower than before