Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

The Meyers insta-mori add-ons need to go

danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• Spider175Spider175 Member Posts: 40

Tombstone Piece is one of those addons that's just... wrong. Like, maybe (and that's a massive MAYBE) if it was an ultra rare, required maybe 20-25 seconds of stalk and once used could never be activated again then maybe it'd be somewhat OK and even then it's a bit dubious. I personally like Myers having a Mori in an addon that he has to work for like Devour Hope but because Tombstone Piece is so easy to get it's just ridiculous. The Tombstone... eh I think people don't realize how crippling the negative effects of it is and that you essentially have to build your build around it but maybe if survivors could better tell Myers had a Tombstone addon maybe that'd help? It's one of those things that should be changed in the next patch along with Iri-Head, Keys, and Moris.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The full Tombstone is balanced like that, as well as having a speed penalty so you also have to spend time stacking pwyf. Honestly survivors who have even the smallest bit of awareness should be able to easily slam 5 gens before he gets to tier 3.

Tombstone piece on the other hand is stupid and shouldn't be in the game, but I don't think OP was talking about the piece.

• StindeStinde Member Posts: 459

They might do something for his addons, but don't expect them to remove the mori addons completely since there's a trophy/achievement to mori all survivors with his tier 3. Especially since changing trophy conditions is very, very hard to get through unless they are impossible to get. That's why we have so "reasonable" adept killer trophies/achievements.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

I don't think Judith's tombstone is a problem but tombstone piece is definitely something that needs to go

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

Because braindead teammates are too ######### common. MMR would have solved that by now, but look what's happened.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257
  • ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    edited October 2020

So nerf his best add ons without any compensation? Mkay. Judith's tombstone is balanced and tombstone is only busted if he has j myers memorial as well. But they do need a rework

How do you know I did well at the beginning? I was doing very well. But then, oh, Meyers touched me so I instantly died. Super fun match. T_T

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

so nerf a add on due to ######### teammates? Good idea

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2020

Tombstone addons are only really strong versus solo-queue groups. SWF shits on Myers.

Nerfing these addons would be just another slap in the face to solo survivors.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Actually, you can mori 3 if you play your cards right. But the point still stands.

Not only this, but if they were to take a look at Myers, they would give him the Nurse treatment, which is something I really want them to avoid.

No, I'm just saying it's easier to pull off builds with these add-ons when you take regular old matchmaking into account. No matter how you spin it, moriing someone who hasn't even been damaged by the killer that game is broken beyond belief.

They have a habit of changing the basekit regardless of what people say. Look to Billy & Nurse for example.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

The add ons for Michael don't need to go anywhere. there's an achievement tied to them so. I don't see it happening.

The amount of evil needed to get to tire 3 using the build I know you're talking about is quite a lot.

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343

Tombstone Piece is bullshit just because it's impossible to know if Myers has it but Judith's Tombstone is perfectly fine. If it takes him a stupid amount of time it's obvious he's got it.

Plus it makes for some fun games. It's a timed race vs him to see who can finish the match faster.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,118

They can’t rework the tombstone addons cause the evil incarnate achievement would be impossible to get without the tombstone so I think it will stay the same.

• God_ProfGod_Prof Member Posts: 57

So, as you know, it comes from the basekit of Myers is based on "stalk" but not personal stalk like ghostface. This one features that evryone of your team could influence to His power.

So, What it mean? The basekit of this game influence each other and can't avoid blaming team's potatoes. It comes same not only Myers but also oni. Not only particular killer characters but comes all same. But it just bring bigger effect on some build, such as Tombstone.

SO THE POINT IS , here comes the real right solution. You may have complains about your teammates, who get matched with you. So we need to adjust rank matching system, that properly evaluate skill. So it prevent you from suffering with potatoes.

• God_ProfGod_Prof Member Posts: 57

And, as you know, also skilled users have very interesting way to counter this: getting in cabinet. It just perfect way to kick his ass.

And also as you know, you could notice Myers has Tombstone just looking carefully his hand. Yeah, maybe it could be though when you are on chase.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,334

Myers and his add-ons are fine...get over it. Huntress insta-down is the only unfair Killer add-on because it's downside is majorly negated by a Purple Add-on. Tombstone & Tombstone Piece have their downsides and counters. Too many Killers have useless and godawful add-ons, let alone Ultra Rare add-ons...but sure let's continue the trend of wanting neuter Killers and make them non-threatening training dummies.

• the_newthe_new Member Posts: 175

I don't think the purple one needs to be change but the pink one does

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

They are balanced since you need a ton of stalk before you can use those + be extremely close to survivors to activate the mori which they can counter by using lockers if they're smart. Any good player knows how different is michael's playstyle when he's using tombstones and thus they can play around them.

Only "nerf" they should get is the passive mori hand stance should be applied to both purple and pink tombstone and be active during EW 2 and EW 3 to warn survivors who know what to look for that MM is using tombstone.

Nefing one of the most well designed and unique addons with huge advantages compensated by just as big disadvantages would be horrible choice by the devs especially when they aren't even that strong and can be countered.