Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Kindred Buff = SWF nerf?

SWF is objectively better than solo. It provides a tonne more information.

Kindred is a great perk for providing valuable information but why waste a perk slot if you can just SWF and use something else instead?

I propose a buff to Kindred by giving it a secondary function. This way the perk isnt seen as disposable and easily replaced my comms. The issue is, what could you give Kindred that wouldnt be game-breaking? My cheap and lazy pitch is bloodpoints.

Elite squads will still ignore it but they'd do that anyway. This is just to do something simple and fast which would make solo a bit more tolerable without having to think of the numerous interactions it can have.

BP economy aside I dont think killers would mind survivors getting a BP boost for playing solo - its basically a simpler version of the BP boost for versing SWF which I've seen so often.

What do you guys think? Do you have a better idea for a secondary effect to entice solo play or make it a more tolerable experience?

Comments

• HEX_MalusGreyHEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

There is no such thing as a "BP Economy". The bloodweb is not a stock market. It's just a grinding mechanic.

I have no issue with BP bonus on everything. It's just sad how soloq is trying to keep up with SWF.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,792

Just give solo survivors more information.

Buffing Kindred to try and close the gap between solo and SWF is a terrible idea.

Make a new sound and notification when dull totems get broken (similiar to hex totems)

Add new icons that the killer can't see (e.g pigs RBT timer) and indicatw wjat the survivor is doing right now (getting chased/healed,healing someone,cleansing a totem,repairing a generator etc.)

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

I dont think kindred need a buff the perk is strong the way it is. Its a perk for when you play solo and in my experiance kindred is better then BT for solo player

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Kindred is a perfectly strong perk, SWF or no. There's no replacing physical aura's, only poor substitution that can ape the effect.

• jerakaljerakal Member Posts: 230

I mean kindred is great, I'd love to be further rewarded for running it.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,818

100% Bonus BP for the "Safe Save" scoring event.

Allows for some fun/altruistic synergy with Borrowed Time without destroying the theme.

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

If the devs are never going to fix the matchmaking/ranking system for survs to ensure we get half decent team mates that dont screw you when they dont need you anymore, then kindred should be a BASE kit for survivors.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I still use kindred when I play with friends lol. Because contrary to popular belief not every swf group is constantly sweating their balls off and telling people the exact location of everything 24/7. Kindred is fine as is, and it's one of the best survivor perks, really doesn't need a buff. Idea of more BP would be cool though, Survivors don't get nearly as many different scoring opportunities as killer and their bp yields are still really low.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Anything buffing Solo survivors would sadly buff SWFs as well, sadly.