Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

do you think OoO is ok?

Comments

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,740

Hell no it aint

• goatslingergoatslinger Member Posts: 522

This is one thing I will agree with. Against freddy in dream world it's pretty broken.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

No. I don’t think it’s OP on its own, but I do think it’s extremely anti-fun and should be reworked because it’s badly designed.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

The perk needs a rework it is way too strong when it's a team of swf or on maps like Midwich.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,695

free because the survivor controls whenever they want to see the killer, almost anywhere on the map, with no counter for the killer other than ignoring them

And, the trade off of revealing your aura to the killer isn’t enough since you gain so much distance by just holding W once you see the killer is coming to you

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 906

nah. there is no reason for this perk to exist.

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 62

No.

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2020

as of current there is 40 responses and only 1 said that it was balanced, ik this forum can be killer sided at times but this shows that it needs some kind of rework and yet the devs dont want to

Post edited by Kumnut768 on
  • AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 984

And here is the problem - when people see someone with OoO, they lose all capability of rational thought and their vision turns red. Tunnelling a decent player who's using OoO and then camping them out is the best way to get 1 kill at most, and that's if you're lucky, regardless of whether they are playing solo queue or not.

That's fine if you're a rookie, but the amount of people who've put countless hours into the game and still have this problem is astounding.

When you load up in a match against an OoO user, try to think about the big picture, instead of developing tunnel vision and only being able to see that one Survivor's aura

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,569
    edited October 2020

No. It's very problematic against certain killers and on certain maps. Any killer against OoO on an indoor map, Haddonfield, Preschool, or Gas Heaven will have a horrible time. Especially a 110ms killer.

• RockoRangoRockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited October 2020

No one cares about the big picture of a 6-13 minute match. I would rather tunnel the living crap out of an OoO user and make their game insanely boring (for trying to make mine insanely boring/frustrating) in the hopes that they get tired of it and not be anti-fun.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,702

They do, but the killer still gets to see them. That information is useful for the killer. The survivor also doesn't know where the killer is until they look, meaning they have to spend the game looking away from the center of the map if they really don't want to get seen. You also can't just hold W away when you're on the edge of the map. The killer will very likely be able to find you and catch up to you, and camp you on the hook if they so choose. And then there are stealth killers...

Freddy can still teleport right to the object if they're on or near a gen when they look his way, and he doesn't need mindgames to shut down loops because of his snares so the obsession is screwed if he knows where they are an wants them dead. I definitely wouldn't call it broken against him.

Indoor maps make callouts very difficult for survivors, though, even if you're in a SWF. Imagine if you're on Lery's or something and you see the killer. Are you going to know where the killer is relative to your teammates, even if they're good at communicating and even if you've already explored some of the map? Probably not. The best you'll probably have is a general idea, like "he's on the right side of the map - where are you guys?" It's probably not going to give you much more than just paying attention to the TR, Alert, Spine Chill, etc. already would.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,569

Depends on the team, to be honest. My SWF is a tournament team. We don't use OoO, but it would be lethal if we did. We have drawn out maps, specific room names for the indoor maps, and determine true north on each map. Plus we always call out which gen we're on. Would be fairly easy to say "killer is heading clockwise of music room upstairs" if we're on Midwich.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Object is not fine. In my opinion it´s the strongest asset a SWF can bring apart from comms. It´s strong vs all but the very strongest Killers. It´s broken on some maps. It´s broken against certain Killers. The alleged downside isn´t really a downside since the circumstances are always dictated by the Object. In the hands of a good team it´s power potential surpasses anything else.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,457

I'll be honest. While in concept i agree that it's utterly broken on swf. I have maybe one or two matches in total where i can say i lost because of OoO and slecificly because of OoO.

In short while i don't think it's fair. I really wouldn't care less if they decided to leave it as is.

• PennywisePennywise Member Posts: 220
    edited October 2020

It is annoying when an SWF has it because it makes their group play even more effective, and for a game that relies on the survivors not having that kind of information to hand (information = exactly what the killer is doing and where they are going at all times), it isn't enjoyable unless you are a stealth killer.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,046
    edited October 2020
    edited October 2020

That's a fair point, especially for maps with limited RNG in their layouts, and with verticality such that things like a TR and Spine Chill aren't quite as useful. Still, though, if you're playing at a high level, how often does your squad really not know where the killer is to the point where OoO would actually provide information strong enough to consider the perk broken? That's gotta be pretty uncommon after the first chase starts. I tend to play with pretty casual SWF buddies and we still have a good idea of where the killer is for most of the match.

If the killer has high mobility and exceptionally strong 1v1, like Spirit or Nurse, it's risky to show your aura. If the killer has stealth, it's actively detrimental to run OoO. If the killer is running a snowballing build, like an Oni or Plague might, it's also pretty useless to run OoO because for the most part they're only going to be triggering their power when they know where survivors are and vice versa. For Trapper though, I agree, it's pretty devastating.

On the whole I see it as a high-risk, high-reward option even in a strong, four-man squad. You need to get lucky on the map and on the killer for it to come in handy, and even then, if the killer is a strong player they could certainly just use it to find you and camp you out of the game. If your squad is smart they'll rush gens and the killer won't get more than two kills, but you're also unlikely to keep running that perk that repeatedly gets you camped on the hook. In practice I find that the object usually isn't great at looping, their squad clearly isn't communicating effectively enough for me to struggle to find and down survivors, and in the rare event that the object is a great player and I decide to camp them, the team usually just feeds me free pressure instead of rushing gens.

Edit: And the other piece to keep in mind is that it's pretty detrimental if the killer generates pressure and the object needs to come relieve it. They either need to deny themselves visibility on a lot of the map while putting themselves into a dangerous position, or they risk showing the killer their location while some of their teammates are incapacitated.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

If this Solo match answers your question for you, wonderful.

”I think we’ve done a pretty good job so far” against them

I see nothing wrong with using them, and I don’t mind them used against me.

If that puts me in the minority, so be it.

I refuse to join the complaint squad on everything that presents a decent challenge in this game.

How nice, I played a solo match yesterday and we all made it out against an iri head ebony mori huntress. It was a great game, really tense and fun.

I´d argue though that playing Trapper against a good object team is more than a "decent challenge".

It really should be :D to be fair though this Huntress wasn´t Umbra level or sth, if she was we would have been screwed.

I mean, come on... it’s Umbra.

Those are the matches you walk away from when it’s all said and done, knowing, no matter how it plays out, the iri head doesn’t always make the player, it’s more often the player that makes the iri head.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 1,061

As long as I dont play Trapper, I wont really have much issues with OOO

• sensovskysensovsky Member Posts: 102

i would not say it's balanced but it's not cracked for sure, more like it's just annoying when u play Hag or Trapper, otherwise i don't have any problems with it

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450

I don't think the issue is Object, per se. I think the issue is comms and the game not being balanced with the expectation that the survivors are using them. That's kind of a Forever Issue with DBD.

I also think there's a secondary issue with Object in that the people who tend to run it are people who WANT the killer to see them constantly, and those people tend to be trolly. Again, not a problem with the perk on its own -- but a pattern in how it gets used.

So, I can see how, from a developer's POV, if you're just running the stats, it would look like it's balanced and fine. But, from a player's POV, every time someone has Object, you have one of the worst, most annoying matches of the day.