Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Why would the blueprint offerings even be put in the game?

YordsYords Member Posts: 2,456

It is ridiculous how a survivor team or just a survivor with a key can choose where the hatch spawns. Why in the world would this be added?

Comments

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,680

Something about the killer also knowing where it is, lets all ignore the fact that that never helped in the instances where everyone knew where the hatch was.

It doesn't really matter though, if someone's petty enough to think that keying out is actually worth something or shows skill, whatever. Let them have their fun. It's kind of like... I dunno, Devour Hope with a Dead Dawg offering. Not exactly impressive, but whatever.

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Undying and devour on Hawkins with ghost face. Also yeah "we need more offerings what we have now is boring." Adds a bunch of blueprints to give an advantage to one side. "Wow so survivor sided and if they have a key I cant do anything even of they're bad" ive RARELY ever been screwed by a key and I dont play killer as much as others since I mainly play survivor so by all means i shouldn't be as good as them. But then again until keys and moris get gutted people will always complain.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 1,974

I usually bring a blueprint as killer when I see there's a lot of people with very little hours into the game in the lobby. Fair's fair.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 3,382

It only helps the survivor side when they bring a key, otherwise it is killer sided. The killer can almost always reach the hatch before the third survs sacrifice is over and then he can close it even when the last surv camped it.

and the key mechanic is confirmed to get a rework.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,278

How is that a fairs fair? Lmao

"These people don't know the game very well it's only fair that I know what this offering does"

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 1,974

well, most have an idea what the hatch is. also its easier for me to point it out should it come to that

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,619

yea I like way sell this crap but they keep giving us more no way to sell it.

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871

It's not fair. If you have played any lengthy period as Killer you would know that the go to Survivor strat as the last survivor is to learn where the hatch is, and if you know that the Killer knows where the hatch is. You hide out at the furthest door from the hatch - most Killers all don't have the movement speed for most maps to traverse across the whole map from the hatch the furthest door before you can open it.

Killers are required to track 3 exits constantly simply because the hatch exists already. Now nobody even has to bother finding it. They literally just guaranteed the last survivor an escape every time no matter what.

That's not even going into great detail about how dumb it is that they can bring key's as well - knowing exactly where the hatch will spawn and when.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,278

My mistake, I thought you meant, as a killer you'd use it against survivors with low hours so you can close the hatch on them easier.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,692

gonna be honest I haven't used any of those offerings once since they've been added

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 552

Wow, killers are very quick to victimize themselves

Nothing about DbD is fair, and that's not a bad thing or else it would be just another competitive miserfest.

So what, someone gets a free escape. Who really cares? This game is so inherently unbalanced that that means nothing, there's so many things, big and small, that go into these situations.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 3,817

Since when is it not a bad thing if something is unfair?

Then this entire game is a bad thing and why are we even playing it.

I mean,the game has become a LOT less unfair since it launched.

I'm pretty sure this game would have been already dead if the devs didn't work on removing the unfair things in this game

Common misconception. They don't remove unfair things, they remove unfun things. If they removed unfair things then we'd be saying goodbye to keys, mori's, multi-heal/rapid heal medkits, nurse, spirit, swf, noed, devour hope, Deathslinger, hag, pyramid head, Iri head, Iri seal, black Insence, tombstone piece, autoheals, styptics, exhaustion add-ons, dead hard, unbreakable, adrenaline, DS, enduring, Undying, ruin, Kobe, Deliverence, second wind, thrilling tremors, Freddy... I don't even think I'm close to being finished, but I hope you get the point. This game is full of unfairness of varying degrees. I don't think that keys are fair, but I also don't think that the hatch offerings are what make it that way, and I think we all know just how impressive or prestigious it is to key out.

• ChechiaChechia Member Posts: 232

It actually helped me once when someone brought a key and only two people were left. I walked to the area where the hatch would spawn and found the key owner. Got me a 4k in the end.

It's an unnecessary offering but at least both sides can see it.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,949

They're attempts at new offerings. Unfortunately the devs didn't consider how easy it would be for Survivors to abuse them (keys and/or DCing for Hatch).

Something being unfun or not is subjective though.

Like there are people that hate playing against Deathslinger and Spirit and there are also people that love playing against them.

Fact is, they are working on removing all the really unfair things,albeit pretty slowly but they definetely are on it.

Next thing we'll see keys and moris changed so there's that.

P.S What the hell is unfair about things like second wind? Lol

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,954

I think they would be better if the were made to be secret....

Cause right now it's either moris or spawn locations

If they made the blueprints secret then there's more to figure out

I even had a few games where a secret offerings were used... and it's like:

Survivor- Secret offering-

Killer- "so someone wants to either spawn far away from me, spawn with someone else or spawn with their team

Killer- Secret offering-

Survivors- "So killer brought a mori of some kind or wants us to spawn separated"

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871

There still needs to be an extent of balance, and the hatch ruins the fun of the game. For both Killers and Survivors. The game shouldn't be fun for only a few people at the expense of others.

Honestly who raised you?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 8,069

I don't see really any point to them other than making SWF even more obnoxious and increasing the grind.

• Malum_MidnightMalum_Midnight Member Posts: 203

Hatch I can understand, because since its not a secret offering a killer can somewhat prepare. The basement offering, however, I have no idea why its in the game. I’ve seen survivors bring this offering much more than is reasonable. I don’t care where the basement spawns as killer, and they don’t even bring map offerings with it

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 1,322

In theory the idea is that since the hatch perks are public both the killer and survivors can know where it will be and race to it. In practice it doesn’t work well because the survivors have a lot more control over when they can go to a hatch with a key versus a killer who is likely to be in the middle of a chase with a different survivor elsewhere on the map. Even if the killer knows the hatch will be at the shack, for instance, it doesn’t help stop a key escape when the killer is chasing someone else.

I get that the notion is to try and make hatches more interesting somehow, I don’t think it works in practice though. 🤷‍♂️

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited October 2020

The devs, for whatever reason, thought they needed more of a theme to Felix's addition, and they thought that these offerings would make the hatch and basement have more opportunity for interaction and planning.

They don't seem to understand that unless one of those offerings is paired with a realm offering that players do not arbitrarily care where the basement or hatch spawns unless a survivor has a key and/or wants to escape through the hatch.

• dragobvdragobv Member Posts: 240

for the LORE