Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are grabs still the same?

Grabs are an essential and core part of killer gameplay, a core fundamental mechanic, and yet it’s been since forever (A year when dedicated servers were introduced) that you can get cheated out of grabs on a regular basis, I lose survivors 24/7 because the game is like “oop nah”, It’s such an important mechanic so why has it been so useless and busted for so long (especially to me I main Myers and GF), why can a core fundamental and essential mechanic go so long without ever working right? (p.s. I know dedicated servers is an obvious answer but still there definitely is and coulda been a fix long ago)

Comments

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,789

Yeah I do wish that if you fail a grab that it instead turns it into a basic attack hit. After all if you were close enough to do a grab with a left mouse button then, even if they weren't doing an action at that moment, you still should have been close enough for that mouse button press to be a basic attack that hit them. Having it revert to a total miss is just frustrating.

• jokerdude23_jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

Its baffling that something as basic and simple as grabbing which is very important in the kit for killers hasn’t worked for so long

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

On peer-to-peer failed grabs resulted in a basic hit still. They just need to bring that back.

Its so frustrating when you go for a grab, get pulled into position, locked in animation for a split second, and then you lose the survivor, because they can still move around during all that time.