Home Discussions General Discussions

I started using self care again and I don’t regret it

It’s seriously a QOL change not needing to worry if my teammates will help me or if they will stop healing me when the killer is coming towards us. I’ll probably keep using self care

Comments

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,730

I'd rather use Pharmacy tbh. 🤷‍♀️

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,174

You only get one heal with it I tried it but it’s not the same as self care lol

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,804

I like to bring in a yellow medkit with +8 charges and + slight speed; it's only limited to 2 heals but that's usually enough in a game for me, and it's not like I really have any other items I'd rather bring in except maybe a flashlight, but I've discovered they are very bad influences on me, as I'll do no gens and just follow the killer around all game because those saves are so fun.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,757

I generally bring a medkit if i want to heal myself but I can understand your point. Teammates are so unreliable

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,825

Self Care isn’t inherently a bad perk, it just has negative stigma because a lot of people who use it will use it at the worst possible times and Self Care above all else. If you have good game sense it’s fine.

• JesseJH28JesseJH28 Member Posts: 231

I think Self Care is still a good perk depending on a person's playstyle. I've noticed I tend to survive far less matches since I stopped using it (almost always play solo). I wouldn't mind if it got buffed to like 75% healing speed, maybe it'd be a more accepted perk then.

• carnage4ucarnage4u Member Posts: 315

When playing killer, I love to see self heal. It means if you can spread out your hits and then hook someone, most of the people will not bother helping that person and as they are required by some sort of law to self heal first. This allows me to completely forget about the person on the hook as they will almost always go to stage 2 of hooking on first hook and it really saves me time. It is really a bonus killer perk more then anything.

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 1,460

Inner Strength is just better Self-Care. You can pre-cleanse totems and get an extremely fast + low risk heal when you need it.

The main reason Self-Care isn’t great is because of its speed. A lot of times you can’t afford to spend 32 seconds healing mid-game

• notlonelynotlonely Member Posts: 144

As an Inner Strength user and an old Nancy main I must say IS will always outperform Self Care unless you somehow get Lèry's. I literally need to play SWF in that map it's freaking impossible for me to find more than 1 totem not even with Small Game equipped.

• StindeStinde Member Posts: 351

Since Desperate Measures I've run it + Self-Care + Botany occasionally when I get bored of my main build with Inner Strenght. Self-Care without anything to boost it is quite bad.

• I dont like you.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,605

I use pharmacy to farm green medkits and when I have enough I swap it out for IS. I bring a medkit with me and I have 2 ways to heal myself.