Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Can we punish campers?

2»

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@azazer said:
    That's how we got BBQ, pop goes the weasel, make your choice, devour hope. People still camp because survivors make it viable. 

That's why we need to punish Survivors for hook rushing. Give Killers double damage and increased recovery speeds within 8 m of a hooked Survivor, see if that fixes it.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 991
    Survivors need to understand that if a killer thinks you are near the hook, or he sees you near the hook, he’s not really camping, he sees fresh meat.  If I see fresh meat just throwing itself at me I’d have to be an idiot to go somewhere else. If you want the killer to leave, don’t be stupid.

Trying to get a save before the killer has left is flat out stupid. This applies to all ranks too, as I see ranks 1 & 2 being just as stupid as rank 20s, solely because they think that they can outsmart me. Getting cocky will end in everyone’s demise. Plus, it helps diminish my craving for fresh meat.
  • NavydiveaNavydivea Member Posts: 113

That's how we got BBQ, pop goes the weasel, make your choice, devour hope. People still camp because survivors make it viable. 

Yup. And if you're dumb enough to try and bait me away I'll stay because you're wasting time.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,216

@Nick said:
    Punish campers? Or can we reward people who go for fresh hooks?
    PUNISHING(!) is never a solution! REWARD people, never punish!

BuT We CaNt ReWaRd KiLlErS FoR DoInG SoMeThInG In OUR FaVoUr!1!

• NickNick Member Posts: 841

BuT We CaNt ReWaRd KiLlErS FoR DoInG SoMeThInG In OUR FaVoUr!1!

Yeah exactly.
    Reward them for walking away, don't punish them for staying.

• MikysamaMikysama Member Posts: 33
    Hi guys i'm playing this game for a while now and want to explain something to crying survivors ( sorry about my english though ).

My main killer is the TRAPPER not the IDIOT. To stay close to hanged survivor is part of a fair strategy. I personally never face camp. I'm hooking a dude or a chick, set my traps then hide near the hook ( but not too much for survivors get a chance to unhook see? I'm not a d**k ) it's called a TRAP using BAIT. If survivors are smart enough they can unhook their friend if they are stupid they get caught. That's the game.

Killer primary goal is to kill survivors. And confirm that kill by staying not far to the hook is a strategy. If survivors don't like to die just don't get caught or play a smarter way. Or maybe this game is not for you. 

And too me real cancer in this game are survivors body blocking hook and tea bagging when doors are opens. They should add a way to punish them like to can grab them or to block the escape when killer enter the exit area. There is 2 exit so killer cannot block both letting well playing survivors to leave. This idea is maybe not perfect but with some adjustments it could be a great way to punish trolls. 

Once again sorry about my english, and have a good slaughter party anyway :)
  • Citizen58Citizen58 Member Posts: 1

The devs clearly favor the killers, just play another game, seriously. There are plenty of better games out there that are not so one-sided. Oh, and ask for a refund.

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Citizen58 said:
    The devs clearly favor the killers, just play another game, seriously. There are plenty of better games out there that are not so one-sided. Oh, and ask for a refund.

lol
    Are you kidding me?
    Devs basically buff survivor every patch and do everything to please survivor.^^
    You must be playing a different game.
    This game actually is "one sided" and that favoring survivor over anything else.
    They are the majority of the playerbase and get spoon fed for 2 years now.

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?
    Devs basically buff survivor every patch and do everything to please survivor.^^
    This game actually is "one sided" and that favoring survivor over anything else.

Dont talk to players that have only experienced one sight. Its a pointless effort

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?

Dont talk to players that have only experienced one sight. Its a pointless effort

Any main should still play a fair share of the other side.
    I am a killer main by any stretch of the imagination… but I DO play survivor in between.
    And despite me being mediocre as a survivor at best, I DO know that the game is more easy for survivor.

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?

Any main should still play a fair share of the other side.
    I am a killer main by any stretch of the imagination… but I DO play survivor in between.
    And despite me being mediocre as a survivor at best, I DO know that the game is more easy for survivor.

A killermain will always play survivor because playing killer can be very frustrating and exhausting.
    But a survivor main that might even play only with his friends has almsot no incentive to play killer besides from doing a few dailies. And yes, at rank 20 you have indeed the impression that killer is op

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Orion said:

@azazer said:

That's why we need to punish Survivors for hook rushing. Give Killers double damage and increased recovery speeds within 8 m of a hooked Survivor, see if that fixes it.

Survivors are already punished for hook-rushing, but the consequences of not saving are so monumental that hook-rushing seems like the better option. I would rather not save anyone from the hook and escape by myself, but the game is built to require me to save. From losing emblem points every time a survivor is hooked and not getting those points back if no one saves the hooked one all the way to the multiplier loss of team ability in gens, altruism is pushed HEAVILY in this game. This is the main cause of most of the toxicity surrounding the hook. I'm confused as to how people don't realize this.

• DisturbedZDisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

So first I want to say no to punishing killers for camping. A reward system of points for every x amount away from the hook would be better. Second you killers sure do cry a lot. I play both, I see both and yes to me campers suck. I could care less if the other survivors gen rush and punish the killer. the hooked survivor still has no points or chance for points. Maybe there should be points given to that survivor for having to stare at the ugly killer the whole time. lol As a killer i get upset if I don't get to hook you at least twice. I leave the hook and run to the far end of the map intentionally just so they can get them off the hook. Only time I dont is if I see a survivor coming in to save them then I will hook him too. I would rather have two kills and eight hooks than four kills any day. The game isn't fun without the chase. Also If I see a survivor not going to help the one on the hook after I went to the far side i will stay on him the rest of the match and gladly let the others go.

• Luckystrike2778Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

I dont mind the camping. Love when a killer camps. My survival rate goes up. What grinds my gears is the sandbagging a$$hat that leads the killer to you because they think they should get the chance at hatch for (insert entitled snowfake reason here) so you try to stealth away cuz its obvious what is happening but 9 outta 10 times they Fu both