Home PTB Feedback Archives 4.4.0 PTB Feedback

The 100% lunge perk should be 20-30% without tokens

As it stand you only get 5 tokens so it’s pretty much a meme perk it’s super weak I’d like for it to be more viable

Comments

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,519

Persistent effects are always nice. A small persistence effect with a large situational boost is nice.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,449

I'd like if it wasn't just distance but also speed of the lunge as well.

With how the current Lunge works, speed also equals distance. So they probably just added duration to keep it simple.

I would absolutely love it, if with a Token, it made the lunge act differently, increased speed at the start, decreased speed at the end, rather than the same speed over the duration. Giving it more of a 'lunge; feel. (See Demogorgon)

• BluegattiBluegatti Member Posts: 72

This is not only a meme perk... This is probably the one of the worst perk in the bottom tier... one gen trade one token... and you can't down that survivor... It is obvious that even one gen for one hook is still a under-valued trade... Freddy's perk is even better than these lmao

• lazerlightlazerlight Member Posts: 355

The tokens should be consumed only if the hit lands And/Or every gen should give 2 tokens.

Idk about the base 20% increase. Maybe if you're in bloodlust? But i dont think its a good idea if it's there all the time.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,335

I don't actually hate this perk. One thing that I did not know until I tried it is that the token is only consumed if you perform the actual lunge. A quick M1 will not consume the token. So you can actually hold onto it until you need it.

• wayneradiotvwayneradiotv Member Posts: 2

It should have some kind of non-token buff, for sure.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 818

I don't think it's a bottom tier perk. Killers who can get hits with their power are capable of saving the increased lunge for moments where it really matters.

Huntress has issues at certain loops such as rock loops and having the increased lunge distance means she could potentially end chases around rocks a lot quicker.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,335

Any Killer can hold the tokens. It doesn't activate unless you actively lunge.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,005

I think the perks is fine as it is. The only change it needs is to increase the movement speed of the killer while lunging.

• IshinSolarcIshinSolarc Member Posts: 109

I agree with that idea, this perk has so much potential for M1 killers like Wraith and Legion, but trading gens for tokens to use it is just painful.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,393

I think the problems why this perk designed to be so weak is because Myer Tier3 is a thing.

Image it, saving for Tier3, a Gen done, refill all tokens, there u have like 3 free instant down.

I would like to see if the perk starts with 3 tokens, and gain 1 token each Gen done. So killer has a use on it in early game, but still have to save tokens for late game play.

If we are going by the perk description, it should increase the base lunge range with every token gained permanently, and you can consume a token for an uber-charged version.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,174

I like this idea way better each gen gives you 5% more ? Or is that to much

edited November 2020

Seems decent. Personally would go +6% per gen with +50/60/70% if a Token is consumed.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,393

This perk giving too little for what killer lose (1 long lung per 1 Gen done). Make this perk only valuable to pair with any M1 instant down Killer & Noed.

One stupid idea I have is: Each 1 Gen done, gain a token, active to use a token, the next M1 is an instant down.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 503

my dream would just be 20-30% lunge range and nothing else. very simple perk. 100% lunge range is both overkill and impractical for the price of having to lose 5 gens to use it 5 times.

I agree with that but as I said, the price of having this opportunity is to have a gen done and you can only use it once regardless if you successfully hit him or not. That's why I'm saying the problem with this perk is not the effect of it but the condition to have this opportunity is too strict and totally not worthy.

They either buff this one as receive 2 tokens or receive tokens when survivor cleansed the totem, that will probably make it a viable perk and probably meta perk.

edited November 2020

oof btw 20~30% without tokens is kinda too strong, if they actually buff it this way probably every single killer gonna bring it

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 421

If they make a survivor”s perk that reduces the killer lunge range when he tries to hit him and it can be used 5 times you”ll see Rivers of tears and complaints, and I’m sure you wont say it’s weak and a meme perk

• MankyManky Member Posts: 152

This perk is absolultely amazing on killers that can handle loops all that well. Killers like Myres. You don't use the token unless you actuall go over the normal lunge so you can save it if you play well, then when you get to the loop, the survivor will get hit pretty much as soon as they try to loop it. This can save the killer a lot of crucial time. This perk is actually pretty damn good if used correctly, but like a few other perks (for example, corrupt intervention) this perk requires you to play around it very well as it has a powerful but limited effect. Corrupt you need to use that 2 minutes as well as possible to stop them from just ignoring it. This perk you need to save the lunge for hits that you arent going to get for a good 20 seconds otherwise. Just lunging early to save you 1 second is a bad use of this perk. However, this perk will save you when someone fakes a vault or something and you fall for it. Its a free hit. 5 tokens is 5 pretty much gaurenteed hits. It takes 6 hits to kill someone. If used properly, its almost a free kill. This perk doesnt need changing.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,049

I agree. The effect is strong, but not consistent or available enough to justify a perk slot.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,174

It would be amazing unfortunately it’s tied to gens and you only get 5 ..it’s not worth the perk slot