Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Remember the start game collapse idea?

2»

Comments

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,578

Seems like right now the devs biggest priority is the visual update for every map. I imagine we won't see any early game collapse system until after all the maps have been redone.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,319
  • DaFireSquirtleDaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

True but I think it be good if we could discuss ideas.

It can also end a killers game if it goes down? I mean it does effectively destroy two perk slots if the survivors get lucky but it the killers get lucky all it does is make ruin reliable and stops it from being broken 10 seconds into a match because on most maps totems spawn in the open. Do you get my view point? It's why I don't think it's op.

If that's not working out maybe you should try looping? The proven best way to beat every killer.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,660

I dont mind it being scrapped, I dont think it is needed. And the Devs thought so as well before they came up with that during a Livestream.

Thing is, if they implement that, I hope they nerf a bunch of stuff on the Killers side. While it is true that weaker Killers like Trapper or Clown (if we ignore that he is next up on the list for a Rework) can benefit from it, the same goes for Freddy, Spirit and other really strong Killers. So those should be nerfed in return.

And well, stuff like Ruin/Undying should also not be ok at this point.

Of course all depending what exactly they come up with.

Yeah the idea I'm proposing isn't something that just would benefit killers I want their to be just as much reason on the survivors side as well. Hence why I think we should share are ideas of what we want or need instead of just saying let's scrap it because it would mean it be too hard or whatever for survivors. As a survivor I want some sort of start game mechanic that could shake up the meta and how we play the game. So it doesn't get stale.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

Let's say they:

- removed all slowdown perks

- and replaced them with a fixed Early Game mechanic

- while also buffing weaker killers and nerfing overly strong killers to make all of them more equal in power

- and made it mechanically impossible to camp/tunnel DURING the early game phase making it impossible to turn the match into an easy 3 v 1 match

Would you consider that a well designed early game? Just curious

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

This is a myth, no one has never seen it. Neither do I with 3.000 hours. Probably you can play 1/100 games against a marine surv squad, and you can 4k anyway.

• HommeBizarreHommeBizarre Member Posts: 270

Remember, they first said they woulnd't add servers x)

• wraithbaby3wraithbaby3 Member Posts: 30

Yes, a feature that makes you a good killer :D

I know u don't see me, but I'm actually tea bagging you right now.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,660
    edited November 2020

Yes, I would say so. Giving Killers time to prepare is fine. I dont think that it is needed, but I am also running Corrupt Intervention on almost all of my Killers to have this early game slowdown, and I think it is ok to use a Perk Slot for something like that.

If it would be Basegame Slowdown Mechanic during the early game, fair enough. The thing I worry about the most is that while weaker Killers will get a benefit, strong Killers might become too oppressive. If that is balanced out, completely fine with that.

(But I also think it is quite logical that the early game phase ends at the point where one person is downed/hooked. At this point (the latest) the Killer has his own Slowdown already and the pace of the game slows down significantly)

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on

It’s not a myth it’s an opinion. As is what you say.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,612

How long did it take from us first hearing about dedicated servers until they were implemented? Or MMR being in the works for long, tested and then temporarily retired which leaves us waiting to see the "final" implementation of that again? Or how they've said moris and keys are on the "to be changed" list and we're waiting for that too. It'll happen when it happens.

There's plenty of things to take into consideration though. From slowdown and speedup mechanics from perks, add-ons and items to more strategic things. I'd much rather it takes a while than them rushing some unfinished band-aidish approach that might have holes in it, and I do think that if they have a solid idea they should test it on the PTB. But make it clear that it's just a test and not something guaranteed to make it to the live game in its current state if people find ways to do undesirable things with the mechanic.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

One things for certian, no matter what is it. It'll be an indirect Pig nerf in some form.

Yeah I agree it should be totally be released only after making sure it’s the best it can be and has positive feedback.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Man I can only dream of how good DbD would be if they managed to balance and overhaul the game so well to the point where slowdown perks could be nerfed into the ground and were no longer needed. Would improve killer gameplay so much more if that were the case.

It's asking for a lot but I can dream, damnit :(

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

Same. I'm sure many people would consider DBD a lot more enjoyable if matches were more consistent due to well designed mechanics.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Baffles how some people here are thinking "I'm glad this is isn't being implanted into the game, because it only benefits the killers"

Like lmao are you dumb? Probably the same people who thought that the end game collapse was unfair because it favored the killer too much, when it was MEANT for them, you know? To STOP survivors/killers holding the game hostage and push out survivor at the end of the game? Same thing with this one, the start game collapse is meant for the killers, they even said it themselves...

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,319

Stats are real. All of that you said is a myth. I find it hard to believe that most survivors are bad gamers but most killers are all skilled gamers. That makes no sense to me and it further shows killer is a lot easier (aka heavily balanced in their favor).

No no you’re not listening to what he is saying. We know the stats are real as in the exist. But they have been proven to be wrong in many cases and instances. Therefore although they are good for a base of an idea they are not the end all be all facts.

A fact is that if four survivors are let’s say outstanding loopers as most red rank players are it is at times impossible for an equally strong killer to get more than one kills. Even zero at times. This isn’t faulty statistics or my general opinion it’s gathered from watching many of the best dbd players play to the best of their ability and we have drawn the conclusion that if all four survivors are amazing they more or less cannot be beaten.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however I do hundred percent agree that survivors who play mostly solo que will have less of a good experience. Not because their bad but because of the match making or are basically never matched with teammates that are at equal footing. In terms of red ranks. some red ranks won’t be as good as others. The only way it’s guaranteed is if you play in a swf. Not to mention the other advantages they get.

im saying red ranks because that is where the best of the best is at. And where it is truly seen which side is better in certain situations because lower then that of course survivors aren’t gonna do as well because they’re not as good as the red ranks, they are not what they could be. And although I do think it’s fair to say the game shouldn’t always be balanced for red ranks. Red ranks also have the most accurate in game experience in terms of balance. There the ones who’ll notice who is op or what perk could need another look at better then say a rank 14 who might not play it the best way it be played.