Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thoughts on buying Freddy Kreuger

I need some honest opinion or some facts about Freddy Kreuger. I plan on buy him and want to know if he Is underwhelming or have a hard time doing the job compared to other killers? I'm just asking because I really don't want to waste my money if he is not that good.

Comments

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

Here.

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    He is underrated but still underwhelming. It'd only be worth it for the Perks right now. However Freddy is confirmed to get a rework next chapter or mid-chapter patch so it might be worth buying him in advance to get familiar with him.
  • MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

He's exhausting to play well. Best to wait to see how the Devs change him, whenever that happens.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,648
    Wait for the rework.
    He can be extremely frustrating to play. 
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,493

Freddy himself is the weakest killer in the game. that is a simple fact and everyone will tell you that.
    that said, he is one of the best killers when its about mindgaming. he is short, can see you at a certain range and he has a short heartbeat radius.
    he is also GREAT at gaining BP. 3 rounds in a row i maxed out all cathegories, except sacrificing, because he gives you a LOT of bonus BP (150 for tagging them, 400 for finding them, 1000 for hitting them). so if you want to get a lot of points, play and learn freddy.
    dont expect to win though.
    seriously. dont do it.

• CetrenCetren Member Posts: 979
    Pretty much good for getting a lot of bloodpoints while losing a lot of pips at the same time. Throw on BBQ, hook everyone once, enjoy the 60k points and the depip.
  • TerrortotTerrortot Member Posts: 420
    Dont waste your money atm.  Unless you can deal with waiting 7 seconds to hit someone you sleep.

I had alot of fun with him for a bit, but not a killer i play anymore. Hoping his rework is great.

His perks let you play differently, endgame instead of helping during, still not that great.
  • akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@KillorRun said:
    I need some honest opinion or some facts about Freddy Kreuger. I plan on buy him and want to know if he Is underwhelming or have a hard time doing the job compared to other killers? I'm just asking because I really don't want to waste my money if he is not that good.

If you want to support the devs, buy the dlc. Imo the all the killers are fun and have decent add ons. Freddy is challenged though he really is forced into a tunnel playstyle.

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@KillorRun said:

Freddy can be quite strong on low ranks, but against a competent SWF you literally stand no chance.

He is the best killer for deranking though because he cant be bullied in the dreamworld (thats actually the reason why Im gonna buy him the next sale :lol: )

• KillorRunKillorRun Member Posts: 35

Thanks guys for the info.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I actually find him the most fun. He is really weak but at the same time he has some great strengths. He's the easiest to 4k with because you can slug one and still be able to see them from the other side of the map, and the other will struggle to hide from you because they can't tell exactly where Freddy is as they can only hear a non-directional terror radius. Normally I can't be bothered going for a 4k but it's easy with Freddy if you make it that far.

He feels so broken. It's funny watching survivors try to stealth from him but not realizing where he is. This is also what makes him to horrible to play against.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638
    I have not touched him because he's a waste... until they do the horror icon right I will not buy nore should anyone else 
  • SteveyHoovesSteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    He's fun. Try the offering if you like it pick him up don't try it again don't again one more time. Three strikes you're out. 
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

They are planning to "rework" Freddy in the future so maybe just wait for that if you are unsure.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@KillorRun said:

He is difficult to play against survivors who have a mid to high skill grasp of the game. He will completely destroy new players and may seems good at first because of this. Freddy is easily considered the weakest of all the killers by the community at large and will be receiving a re-work soon as the Devs have confirmed.

I personally find Freddy boring to play against because of how easily you can escape him and how boring it is to try and play stealthy against something you cannot see at all.

I personally find Freddy fun to play if I'm simply messing around as he can have a few "troll" builds set up to simply make people lives miserable for the length of the match. He is however not a character I would play if "winning" (or 4k) is your intended goal.

With all that being said he is still a fun killer to play at times provided his dream world vision isn't too difficult for you to see through.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    He's fun but if you're going for a win every match he's not for you.
  • George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@KillorRun I think he's worth it for his perks at least. Blood Warden is awesome, when it works out (sometimes it doesn't, but still great) and while hardly meta, Remember Me can be pretty damn useful too. Fire Up is kinda garbage.
    As for Freddy himself, I LOVE playing him. The others above are right, he is undoubtedly the weakest killer there is, but his gameplay is very unique compared to other killers.
    There's a lot of demands to make his Dream Transition shorter (it is normally 7 sec), but it's a wrong approach. The best play with him is use Dress addons, to make it very hard for survivors to wake up. Hwe's got a lot of potential for slowing down generator progress, plus, as @The_Crusader mentioned, he has better chance to turn a 3K into a 4K than anyone else with some skillful slugging at endgame.
    I managed to do some 4K-s around rank 4 and 3, but you have to change your playstyle much to adopt to him.

At any rate, he's not expensive, plus, you get Quentin - he's pretty much useless, except he has Pharmacy, which is a good perk if you're the hoarding kind as a survivor :)

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,855

@The_Crusader said:
    I actually find him the most fun. He is really weak but at the same time he has some great strengths. He's the easiest to 4k with because you can slug one and still be able to see them from the other side of the map, and the other will struggle to hide from you because they can't tell exactly where Freddy is as they can only hear a non-directional terror radius. Normally I can't be bothered going for a 4k but it's easy with Freddy if you make it that far.

He feels so broken. It's funny watching survivors try to stealth from him but not realizing where he is. This is also what makes him to horrible to play against.

I could see some Freddy+Knockout abuse being pretty viable along with sloppy butcher some quick transition add ons, and BBQ. I could see freddy being strong with blindness status effect in general.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@The_Crusader said:

I could see some Freddy+Knockout abuse being pretty viable along with sloppy butcher some quick transition add ons, and BBQ. I could see freddy being strong with blindness status effect in general.

You'd think so but I tried that and knockout is useless. Maybe if you down them at the edge of the map it might work but anywhere else and they seem to have no problem finding each other even if it's not SWF.

Hex the third seal might be a little better but then Freddy is garbage at defending totems.
  • DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874

I would not advise to buy him, but...
    If you do get him I recomand this video to learn how to properly use his power.

• TaretsuTaretsu Member Posts: 46

The problem with Freddy is that most people try to use him as any regular chasing killer. The point of his power is actually NOT wasting too much time in chases. Besides, his add ons combined with certain perks allow him for one of the most varied range of playstyle any killer can have. To name a few: you can play 3 second transition build, dying light build, class photo build...

He's my main killer, I made it to rank 1 playing only him. He may be the weakest killer, but that's only considering his base power without any other feature. But he can be a lot of fun to play as, if you know what you're doing. Just, don't ######### commit to a regular chase...

• alivebydeadightalivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@KillorRun said:

he gets nerfed almost every update

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,141

I like playing Freddy, but at the same time I hate playing Freddy.
    Against people who have next to no skill Surviving, he is a dream-come-true. Against people who know what they're doing, you WILL struggle. Even if he just came out of the dream world when all gens are done, he would be so much stronger.
    If you're good at tunneling or keeping track of locations, and don't have a problem with Self Care, you should do fine as Freddy. If not, well... wait until the rework. His ability does little to nothing, except enable him to do what every other Killer does.
    His perks on the other hand... Five words: Remember Me and Blood Warden.

• alivebydeadightalivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@thesuicidefox said:
    They are planning to "rework" Freddy in the future so maybe just wait for that if you are unsure.

so on there way to the rework they are nerfing him

• SteveyHoovesSteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    He's fun but if you're going for a win every match he's not for you.
    Here's my biggest piece of advice it's a videogame... it's meant to be mindless entertainment. Play for the fun of it.
  • RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I am a fan of Freddy since the '90. He is the reason I bought this game. I have a blast every time I play as him and like every other killer: you win some, you lose some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018

If you can resist the urge to get pallet looped, then Freddy is one of the strongest Killers if he just walks away.
    Sure he takes time to learn like the nurse, but that's the deal with Hard Killers.
    If you expect a pay to win Killer, you walked into the wrong game.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Freddy is by far the worst killer in Dead by Daylight. The only real purpose of his power is to remove the hindrance he has by default (can't interact with survivors), and he gets cucked by the most used perk in the game (Self care). He's the only killer that has to give a up to 9.5 seconds head start to his targets, who can, by the way, keep doing whatever they were doing right in his face without him being able to do anything about it. And when he finally succeeds in dragging survivors into his dream world, he's just a M1 killer with absolutely nothing going for him. He has a pitiful stealth and the most basic-ass offense you can think of. He's so bad that he can't even camp properly. He can't even secure a kill. He has no way to stop/punish hookrushing, bad positioning or stupid plays by survivors in general. And, as we all know, killers win if the survivors play non-optimally or if they make silly mistakes... I don't think people realize that Freddy is the only killer that can't capitalize on these situations (or, at least, he can't do it very well). No matter how you "mindgame" survivors, you still have to wait 7 seconds to hit them. If a survivor is anything but braindead, they will run to the nearest pallet, and drop it on you.
  • chococrichococri Member Posts: 355
    He is the weakest killer. He is the worst. Don't waste your money. Blah blah blah... Dude. ######### it. You want it? It seems fun? Buy him. I just did it today, especially because it's on sale. 

Spoiler alert, he is fun to play with. Been playing the whole night as Freddy and I had a blast. It's true he needs a shorter transition time but you got the used to it or just use addons for it. Besides, he will get a rework soon. 

I would say bring perks that slow the healing. Thanatophobia or sloopy butcher so you can counter their self care. There are addons for slowing down the gens while in dreamworld. It's good to slow them from waking up as well. 

If you want it, just buy his DLC. Don't give a ######### about what this toxic community thinks. Have fun! 
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

Freddy is a lot of fun but he can also be frustrating to play. If you're not a good killer and don't have solid fundamentals you probably won't have a good time. If you are a good killer and make a solid build he can be a lot of fun to play.

He is getting a rework soon, so you might wanna hold off until then.