Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Counter Freddy (October)

New to the game, haven't purchased Freddy but playing against him, I really have no clue as to the mechanics he's going through versus myself. (not sure if I should keep investing in the game since this particular killer's mechanics don't seem to vibe with the game)

I'm low tier so I don't have the self heal on everyone like higher level players do. I hear the music and I know he's close but hiding feels pointless because the direction he's looking at you from is hard to pin point. The huntress, I can hear her direction really well with headphones on but the reverb on Freddy's sound is confusing.

There's that perk that let's you know he's looking at you but I'm not sure how that helps besides knowing he's coming after you. Every game I've had against Freddy is actually not fun at this level. I don't understand after reading his mechanics, where the preventative gameplay is.

Suggestion from a not informed player: Maybe Freddy can appear as a cloud mist to ONLY the person he's actually chasing in the center of his screen with his vision within lullaby radius.

Comments

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    You can see Freddy if he puts you to sleep. Only those who are asleep can see him and can be attacked by him.
  • Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Freddy is not a difficult killer to best once you understand and grasp his nature. As you get better and understand, you’ll laugh about it later.

just know how to wake yourself up or track down survivors to wake you up. Seven seconds before he can actually hit you is a long time
  • TaretsuTaretsu Member Posts: 46

Try going with premonition, it'll at least give you a clue as from which direction he's coming from.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Ok, I'll try to give you the best explanation I can to help you counter sweater boi. First listen to the music, hide, don't just stand there. Survivors can blend in very well when they crouch right next to a wall or in a bush and they're practically invisible to Freddy. Freddy has a foggy vision which puts him at a disadvantage. If you do get put in the dream transition run to the nearest pallet or window. You've got seven seconds to run and he can't hit you. Keep in mind you can stun Freddy while you are awake and in the dream transition, not just when you're in the dream world. Once you do get put in the dreamworld you have to find a teammate to wake you up or fail a skillcheck while you're healing or on a generator. Freddy can always see you but that doesn't help if you just run him around everywhere. In the dreamworld he's just a normal killer with no real power. Trust me he seems powerful at first but once you play more you see that he's actually a joke.