Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I feel so bad for new killers

Comments

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

We just had a r15 get tunneled at 5 gens lol. Killer was r9 and did not give af. The problem is nobody gets on dbd as survivor knowing what looping even is. Everyone gets on killer knowing how to press w and swing at survivors.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 1,819

You are correct new survivors won't know how to loop, but just about anyone can load up the game as Claudette with Self Care and know to clear out and hide when you hear the TR. I'm not super proud to admit that that's how a lot of my first Survivor games went, but that's exactly what I did. And... it worked pretty well.

Alternatively... do the same thing as Meg with Sprint Burst. That and holding W can waste a lot of the killers time even if you don't use a single pallet or window.

As for the rank 9 killer tunneling the rank 15... I mean that's just a killer being a jerk.

• GoldenZR_TTVGoldenZR_TTV Member Posts: 8

I have been playing for about half a year and most of it as killer, i have had way too many teams that are three red ranks and a rank 15 to 20, 90 percent of their perk builds were adrenaline, dead hard, spine chill, and iron will all tier three. for my first 2 months the only defence to this was a mori or noed which still i felt guilty running because i hated using those myself, honestly i cant imagine how many people quit once they had gone against these toxic teams, some are so toxic they use auto clickers just to spam flashlight, and invite to partys or use endgame chat to tell the killer that he sucks.

• legacyriskylegacyrisky Member Posts: 10

Yep played my first bubba match vs a survivor with friends four stack rank ones that just bullied me the entire match then just texted me garbage killer and spammed emotes a very nice group of players

• Artemis_LHArtemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    edited November 2020

NVM. Misread entire thing.

• KingMyersKingMyers Member Posts: 57

Devo 87 on a rank 20 and you complaining about smurfs lmfao you trolling? New killer or not if you wanted to play killer bp shoulda been invested in both survivors and killers. Then there really wouldn't be a need to whine as you would have good perks. The attention bait was hard real on this, people only get better with experience soooo stop playing? Or learn? Dunno

• KingMyersKingMyers Member Posts: 57

Smurfs go both ways, either way playing against better people will only make them better soooo, I don't see a need to whine about this? Stop playing or get better only 2 options there is kiddo

• KateMain69KateMain69 Member Posts: 1

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but without SWF this game would not exist. Sorry if it hurts your feelings to lose at a game but if I couldn’t play this game with my friends I would never play it again and BHVR knows this. So it’s time after 4.5 years to stop crying about SWF.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,063

@siren_sorceress

I wasn't trying to make this into a surv v killer thing, there's enough of those threads. New survivors shouldn't be paired with experienced killers either and bhvr could do a lot to help out new players on both sides.

• JustalittlepeeckJustalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

you don't understand, they were just having fun together with their friends, you and your friend just don't have any friends to play with so you're just jealous they do /s

• thisisntmaxthisisntmax Member Posts: 205

being new to an old game always sucks, you’re late to the party. regardless of whether red ranks wasn’t boring with the same few select killers playing similar builds, there’s always going to be people who want to take advantage of less experienced players. but I guess that’s okay if it’s the killer VPNing to get a very fair and earned buff that behaviour has yet to dish out I suppose?

If you could point me to the place where I said VPNing is a good thing could you let me know, I'm having some trouble locating it.

• thisisntmaxthisisntmax Member Posts: 205

boomerang hatchets and wall-piercing death slinger harpoons are on the phone if you'd fancy a cheeky chat?

• skiafluffskiafluff Member Posts: 58

?????

I stopped playing long enough to get rank reset all the way back to 20 and I've been murdering babies every single game. Occasionally one half decent survivor but I don't think I've been looped more than one tile. Everyone is still in immersion mindset.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,854

I played survivor first and got destroyed endlessly and stuck around. No game is easy when you first start it. And when it's a fair match, a beginner killer is much easier than a beginner survivor.

what are you even talking about? What has this got to do with new players being regularly matched with experienced ones?

For anyone that's not reading anything that's been written - this is about new players (mostly killers from what I've seen but not always) being matched with experienced ones, and ways the game could be more accommodating for new players.

It isn't about which side is stronger in general, VPNs, flashlight clicking, ds/unbreakable, ruin/undying, noed, moris, keys, huntress hitboxes, whether Victor is a baby or not, or why clown should be nerfed. These things are not related.

• HydHyd Member Posts: 377
    edited November 2020

How about an AI powered training ground?

It's probably a big ask of the developers but, as a new player myself (less than a month) who stuck it out through immense frustration being stomped by killers and given the literal run-around by survivors, i think something like an AI training ground would be perfect for allowing new players to learn some of the maps and general strategies.

Besides getting stomped, the number of perks, add-ons and offerings were pretty intimidating to me, and that's not even getting into the descriptions of what they do, filled with all sorts of keywords for various statuses, effects, etc, all without explanation. I felt like I needed to read a book first before jumping into a game.

If I wasn't desperate for a time-killer game while waiting for D2's expansion to release at the time, I likely would have uninstalled. There's still a ton I don't understand but after a brief time suffering, I've now come to enjoy the game.

• SlevenSleven Member Posts: 1

Get Good

Honestly I mostly play survivor because killer is too easy to play my killer rank is 18 and 20 granted they put me in the ranks sometimes close or lower and I have to say I learn on the way of the game playing it or watching youtube.

Killers are way OP read the perks before using them and heck get a feel of it how you ever gonna learn if your giving up because you got smurfed lol my survivor rank is a 5 I get killers in that rank or even higher to a 16 or 18 I have friends that join me we communicate so yea of course killer will have a harder chance but somehow still manages to kill one or three people.

Like I don't know how many times a legion, ghostface aka scream, or a chainsaw player has constantly ended me because how fast they are so when say oh new beginners just know its pvp you learn on the way and YouTube is there don't give up as a killer or survivor also I stream letting new people and viewers pretty much know what characters to start out as to better themselves in the game cause mostly every killer is always OP over a survivor

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 4,835

They need to create a good free slowdown perk for killer. Also a good anti-tunnel perk for survivors.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

People like him just like to post nonsense because they believe that they're posting something that's profound, but they just end up sounding dumb. Don't put too much into it.

• Alex_SplicerAlex_Splicer Member Posts: 119

Not all heros wear capes.

Never get to see a post like this anymore where the killer is actually cared about.

It hurts game after game to have sweaty try hards that treat you like garbage but want you to make their game fun.

Talk about entitled. That's what I deal with everyday - even after coming from a long break and going to rank 18 - try hards and trolls galore.

Hopefully they can bother to do something for killer players instead of replacing them with AI.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 4,123

Breakable walls? You want breakable walls? Coming right up!

• Wolfninja989Wolfninja989 Member Posts: 3

I feel the need to day this, dbd is a fun game but it isn't the kindest to new players since it feels like if you do well for one game at low ranks you'll get punished by going up against 4 red ranks that know what they're doing especially after ranks reset which will end up driving players away the same way Spacelords drives away people looking to play antagonist in a way which will make the game boring as a survivor and have matchmaking be pretty much impossible because the game has so much potential its so fun but a lot of the decisions being made are quite frustrating as a player and it ends up leaving players bringing back old memes.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

"We are taking account into this and seeing what we can do" -BHVR at some point when they leave a reply here, when really, they are not gonna do anything lol

• StrickxNyneStrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

It's rough but it's also fun still. I often get a team that beats me with pallets, stuns, flashlight and the good Ole tea bag. I made it a point to noed and blood warden. Let em do their thing because they forget about totems because I'm such a noob and boom, the salt comes hard. Undying with noed and blood warden has become a must at end game now. Rush them gens Danny boy because what do ya know Joe, I was prepped for egc the entire time not pressuring you bullies off gens ☺. Make friends with your lesser survivors and killers and team up and do customs. Everyone has to learn and when they learn it's rough all around. Gen simulator only goes so far. Today we're logging in to do no gens, only to run around the map like it's on fire and get hook save and loop points. The killer is going to kill us but we're going to double pip without escapes ☺

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 4,652
    edited November 2020

Yes, strikes mean nothing. However this game is terrible for new players. Even if good killers stick around they will run out of things to do. Eventually they will unlock everything or they will just get bored. They won't be around forever and with no new players coming in, que times will only get worse........Let me rephrase that part. New players are coming in but they are quickly leaving when they find out what this game is really like. The devs know the game is in a tough spot and instead of actually fixing it, they are cranking out DLCs to try to lure more meat in the grinder. The only reason DBD has lasted this long is every other game like it has flopped. If there was a genuine competitor there would be a mass exodus to that other game.

• HydHyd Member Posts: 377

The next Left 4 Dead...or whatever they're gonna call it.