Home Discussions General Discussions

Apparently Bloodlust is getting disabled temporarily for this weekend?

Comments

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 731

Angery! I use it as an almost sure way to max out the hunting category - unless I'm in sweat-mode.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,620
    edited November 2020

In a way the devs might be learning. Instead of making changes that will obviously affect the game they're going to temporarily disable them to see how bad the effects are.

Almost like they don't want a repeat of something that happened long ago. I can't quite remember it. It had something to do with a drastic change to a vital perk for killers. What was it's name? All I remember is once they change it 5 gens were repaired in like 2 mins. Then instead of reverting the change they nerfed the living #@$% out of something from the other sides arsenal to try to compensate for the horrible change. Heaven forbid the devs undo a horrible patch because that would be admitting they screwed up.

Either way, I picture very few people playing killer this weekend.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 2,215

Blight time

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,983

My first thought was console killers won't have to deal with atleast one type of fps drop this weekend. 😂

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 504

I think it's rather weird they're testing this right now when they're in the middle of reworking the maps. Like... The data is going to be completely irrelevant when all the maps are reworked because those maps that are quite questionable atm like Fractured Cowshed and Ormond will be changed anyways (well Ormond is going to be with the Twins DLC at least).

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,335
    edited November 2020

The effect looked stupid anyway, i hate the way it blurs the screen.

For survivor, however...oh boi get ready for people running object sprint burst on Midwich, coldwind offerings and playing every main building with lithe and BL.

Hope you all know how to play Blight.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 366

Speedy killers won't get affected as much.

Killers with m1 powers could be effected negatively in some aspects.

Slow killers are screwed lol.

Can't wait to see how feeback goes.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,760

I never really noticed bloodlust effecting my games much so meh.

Going to suck on midwich though

But if this leads to beat of ptey being reworked i won't complain

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

I do need bloodlust 1 in some loop and map.

Still freddy wont be back for the week end so for sure i wont play killer i dont really enjoy the other killer.

Personally we will see a huge increase in survivor escape rate for the week end.

I dont know for sure but in my opinion killer eith high mobilith will be the priority this week end

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,206
    1. "Map reworks bring some god loops back, while some just never went away to begin with."

This is a flawed argument. Because you would lose Bloodlust anyway when breaking a Breakable Wall. I doubt that you dont break the wall, but vault the window and bloodlust a god loop.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 821

I don't have an issue with them testing this. I'm just confused why now? A lot of maps haven't been reworked yet and Ormond's rework hasn't been pushed live either.

• sudintlinksudintlink Member Posts: 172

This mechanic is really outdated and they did say in the PTB they would look into it and I guess they actually told the truth. IMO and this isn't a likeable one so sorry if it offends you but they should really nerf the gen speeds a lot but buff the 1v1 chase aspect of the game because thats the fun part! No one comes here to hit great skill checks we want to have fun chases that feel like a real 1v1

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 2,156

It is probably time to look at bloodlust, it is an antiquated mechanic.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,772

Thanks for rolling out this change during the first weekend of the new Archive page.

/s

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 2,831

Honestly,the FPS drop from bloodlust is the absolutely worst one from all,because you pretty much always get it at the WORST possible time making the chase i have way longer than it should be and can even lose me the game.

That's why i always wanted an option to disable bloodlust,because it only screws me over >:(

This weekend will be so good as console killer :D

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 422

Yes, probably it will go from 32% now to 35-36%. 1 more surv would escape in 25 more games. Unacceptable.

edited November 2020

Would you download the PTB just to test this change?

Post edited by MandyTalk on
  • CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 821

I don't see how testing this on the ptb would provide more useful feedback. Live servers have a much larger playerbase than the ptb.

Personally I think testing this live makes the most sense.

This was not my question. Because I am pretty sure that you wont get much data if you test it on a PTB.