Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thankyou for removing bloodlust, i cant wait!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited November 2020

I am just not going to play killer this weekend, playing killer is already frustrating and miserable experience without more things making it worse.

I come back after several months to this game, and the first thing I see when I get back is this kinda crap. It's depressing, makes me feel like they will never actually work on any real problems with the game =/

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,506

Just wait untill they'll add more breakable walls to the map

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Bloodlust activating loses frames. It IS a problem and affects the game's stability.

Besides that, you lose Bloodlust after injuring someone, smashing a pallet, or lose sight of them. All factors that instantly turn it back off after you get it. It's overblown.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,965

Telling anyone to leave the forum/stop posting, regardless of user/mod/dev status, is cringy and juvenile.

Your response was far tamer than mine would have been.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,046

Just for a little bit guys calm down.

Perfect time to take a break and play CIV 5, then we can go back to complaining about Spirit and DS all we want.

• NoobeNoobe Member Posts: 152

im glad bloodlust is getting turned off.. i play killer to 99% and have never needed it on any killer ever.. the only people that complain about bloodlust are those that rely to much on it.. rn it award those killers that dont know how to loop, "i ######### up and did poorly but still got a down due to bloodlust" and at that point the skill of the survivor didnt matter.. the only upset people are mostly bad killers.. and if a killer cant catch up to a bad survivor then that killer maybe should realize what he is doing wrong.. hopefully after this they decide to remove it for good so people can actually start learning to play the game.. then its only slowdown perks left to remove

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,744

not on new consoles it doesnt, i have the S and its actually running really smooth. NGL it felt so weird moving at a decent amount of frames for a change haha.

As for you second comment and this applies to everyone hating on this post or dont agree with it all this is going to do is make my survivor strong as i hardly get bloodlust as killer but my issue is new killers or less experienced players will struggle more and be impacted more which okay fine might mean killer ranks mean more but then youll have a really good killer at rank 1 against survivors that hardly do gens, miss skillchecks or cant even lead on a chase. i want balance not punish new killers rewards bad survivors etc.

• HarlekinHarlekin Member Posts: 12

yes, we all know how good BHVR is at creating stats (we remember the great stats used for the great mmr system kappa)  

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,343

Stats were nothing to do with MMR though, the system doesn't measure statistics in the slightest - it's way more complex than that, as is any MMR that's in a game. And MMR in a game like DbD is always going to be difficult to implement.

(and I also never mentioned stats, but data - the two things are not necessarily the same).

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,979

Then why isn't the testing done on the ptb? you know, Public TEST branch.... What is the PTB for if it isn't used for testing? Where is the QA team?

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,160

Jeezus over reaction much?

It's literally just a test to see it's actual effect, because currently we do not now how the game plays out without it.

You also gotta remember how much weaker loops are these days, and that there's not really anyneed for bloodlust apart from a couple of infinites like asylum, which will 100% be removed when the graphical update comes along.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,744

Well more people want nerfs than actual healthy game improvements, while it does suck you need a better console for the game to run smoother im just glad it actually does or i would have just stopped playing. but if you ever do get a new console rest assured it runs smoother. (this doesnt included latency with bad connection or people way across the world, pretty sure crossplay makes latency worse from my experience anyway. or i could just be unlikely and get some dodgy af connection players)

• NomiNomadNomiNomad Member Posts: 2,846

Not a single person would play a PTB surrounded only by Bloodlust changes. This way, they can gather data from every platform, and not just PC. Everyone is acting like they're completely removing Bloodlust. This is going to last for two days.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,979

Well if no one would play, why don't the QA team does it? Do they not have a team of testers?

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2020

Wouldn't it be healthier for the game to knock out these performance issues? I mean the game breaks every patch.

Besides even if they do remove Bloodlust, it can be rerouted to other ancillary systems. You lose tons of ground if you vault anything. If they increase vault speed for killers across the board, you'd definitely see some improvements.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,686

Out of those killers:

Trapper doesnt need bloodlust, trapper is a killer who needs at least 1 more base trap or have all the traps available to you at the start and repurpose the sack addons. The rest of his design is around forcing survivors into area's that you have trapped before.

Pig currently might need Bloodlust 1(Still making 2 and 3 useless)needs deepwounds applied on healthy survivors when she hits them with a dash. Pig is already slowing down matches long enough with her mask to compensate for the slightly increased chase.

Oni doesnt need bloodlust. He is supposed to have a hard early game because he snowballs hard. Give an Oni 1 hit and enough blood and you need to start rushing gens. If you cant get that hit early game, then you need to practice as a killer. No space needed for bloodlust.

Legion doesnt need bloodlust. He can already get enough advantage out of having practically constantly injured survivors.

Plague doesnt need bloodlust, heck, I'd even say Plague barely needs perks at all to win games as she essentially has a free Corrupt Intervention unless you want to be injured, and if you dont want to be injured anymore, you'll give her the ability of old huntress.

Demogorgon kinda needs it, but just like Pig, he only needs Bloodlust 1. Reworking some of his addons alone fixes that.

I am a Myers main, the only time I need Bloodlust is either using addons that slow my movement down or being T1 Myers, but I could easily play without Bloodlust in those games because Play With Your Food alone compensates your movementspeed in those builds.

Ghostface, same like Myers, except you dont really need it. You cant even get bloodlust 1 while the instadown is active, and if you cant hit the survivor before the timer runs out, you need to practice on your mindgames.

So yeah, even those killers do not rely on bloodlust to work, let alone that those killers can get 4k's without bloodlust.

Unless you fully exclude addons and perks on killers and expect killers to work without perks and addons just fine, but then you're simply delusional if that is the height of your bar.

Killer winrate is literally at its peak. How is it survivor favored? Because you still can lose games as killer? Bloodlust actually has been on the priority list for a long time, it's a big contributor to why mori's are broken in the first place: It allows killers who are not skilled enough to take down players who obviously are more skilled than that killer. If killers who are not experienced enough but use a mori cant even reach their target, then the mori issue gets dropped, right?

I mean, what use will disabling ebony mori do, when bloodlust was a big contributor to that mori in the first place? I mean, those killers most likely had Bloodlust on t3 before they could even down the survivor for a mori.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,730
    edited November 2020

Using the kill rate as a measure of balance is already very misguided as the devs, the community, and anyone who actually knows the game well will tell you. Otherwise Nurse is the weakest killer in the game and Pig is OP. Clearly not the case.

Bloodlust and mori's are 2 separate issues, I don't understand how you're connecting the two. Mori's are unbalanced on their own and bloodlust is to help against the poor map design since its not fixed yet. I also don't know why the mori issue, or any issue for that matter, would get dropped just because a bad player uses it.

Also if they're going to tier 3 Bloodlust you they wasted a lot of time. I haven't seen a tier 3 bloodlust in a long time. But as a mechanic bloodlust still has its place as the map design is still not fixed.

Mori's aren't an issue because of bad players they're an issue because they cut the killer objective by over half. Disabling Mori's would at least address a big community issue. I rarely see people complain about bloodlust and when they do its usually entitled survivors who don't know the game anywhere near where they think they do.

There are plenty of more important issues they could tackle or test.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited November 2020

Maps like Hawkins, Lerys, Midwhich etc. have literally almost zero safe pallets (god pallets don't count here) and breakable walls will be in every map soonish but killer camperinos still crying for bloodlust over 9000 lmao.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,709

I wonder how many people against bloodlust even realize it takes 15 seconds of chase to even start, and resets when breaking a pallet? There's kinda a reason nobody runs Beast of Prey.

Not using the killrate as a measure of balance, im using the killrate to indicate overperformance. Which is undoubtedly true, because otherwise Pig wouldnt be able to get that many kills.

Mori's still have an issue without Bloodlust, however, it removes the possibility for weaker players to get off a mori as easy as they currently can. Let alone that it definitely helps now that the Undying+Ruin combo exists, which allows killers to essentially chase a single player untill they reach Bloodlust 3 before survivors cleansed the right or final totem.

"bloodlust is to help against the poor map design" This is false. Bloodlust was implemented to help in chases, not on map design. Bloodlust isnt going to help you move from point A to point B faster, it just helps you chase a survivor faster. A survivor that you can cut off and probably hit before Bloodlust even comes into existance. If you loop around the same pallet untill Bloodlust appears, then you're simply a worse mindgamer than that survivor. Point being, good killers dont rely on Bloodlust, at best they use it to their advantage. Bad killers rely on bloodlust. If it were the same for Mori's, they would have been dropped long ago. But weak killers dont need a mori to rely on, they can rely on bloodlust.

All you need is chasing the strongest survivor with Bloodlust 3 to win the game, its easy to go after the weakest player afterwards.

And I've been playing this game before Bloodlust was even implemented. It currently has it's place for 3 killers, all other killers dont need Bloodlust to win against survivors that are equally skilled other than to give an advantage to a killer that is skilled worse. Considering people care about skill a lot, its a bit unfair to give killers a practically free advantage to that. I mean, there is a reason they didnt add in 120% movement speed killers. Besides, like I said, Bloodlust has been on the list longer than even Mori has. And the devs truly want to keep in Ebony Mori somehow, while Bloodlust was a 4 year old quick patching job to an issue that needed a different solution and was never meant to be a permanent mechanic.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,730
    edited November 2020

Overperformance is a balance issue. So you're saying Nurse is super weak and pig is too strong? That's not the case at all. Why does it matter if a weaker player can use it? That's not an issue. Ruin undying will do nothing if you chase 1 person since ruin does nothing if you dont get people off gens. They wont be looking for totems if ruin's not doing anything. Again, separate issue. No its not false, map design also includes loops not getting from point A to B, so also chases. I didn't say map size, I said design. Chases need help because the map design is bad. Good or bad killers can't do anything about a loop that's too safe, or a string of them because they got unlucky, thats the point of bloodlust, to help against the bad map design or getting unlucky.

You can't win using that strategy, you will waste so much time that the other survivors will just do the gens and leave and you will lose unless the survivors are potatoes. Bloodlust 3 doesn't matter that much, its 1 and 2 that come into play normally. The only killers getting tier 3 are bad ones who have probably already lost the match at that point. You want to remove tier 3 only I'm all for it since it doesn't really matter.

It doesn't matter how long you've been playing, your point still stands as incorrect. You still don't know what you're talking about as far as I can see. Time playing doesn't factor in. If people care about skill so much there's bigger issues to tackle like DS, hatch, keys, mori's, iri heads, loop design, pallet normalization, and other things that give free advantage. With the loop design still being less than ideal to put it lightly, there's no reason to take out the thing that was put in to help against it, especially when they're adding in god walls to the maps.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,824

Yeah I get why they are doing it but It will really increase the tedium of the game without bloodlust.

Typically things aren't going well if you get to that stage in a chase but given how mindgames are becoming less effective and holding W is often a valid chase tactic I don't think we should write off bloodlust just yet. Think of the ring a ring a rosie simulator around the unmindgamable junk pile without bloodlust ugh.

We'll have to see how the test turns out.

• Zeus17PTZeus17PT Member Posts: 2

Couldn't care less about bloodlust. If a killer downs me at bloodlust 3, it means i stalled him enough for the rest of the team.

Want to do a better experiment? Disable mori's.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,555

My brain can't handle this stupidity.