Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

NOED Is complete bs and outdated

tj0108tj0108 Member Posts: 71
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

and before you just comment “do bones” listen here.

bones are situational, if you see a totem then cleanse it but in a fast past game (especially in red ranks) you simply don’t have time to run around like a headless chicken confirming that all 5 totems have been cleansed.

Its not a perk that assists bad killers, it’s a perk that completely carries them and rewards them for being bad *cough cough just like bloodlust cough cough*

Recently, i had a game where i ran a legion for 5 gens and got downed to noed and facecamped. my teammates were running around looking for it and only found it AFTER i had died on first hook.

Its not like it assists killers who made a few mistakes, no. You could be the worse killer in existence, mess up at every opportunity, not look after gens not know how to loop and still get a 4k because of a stupidly designed perk.

The perk is old, badly designed, way to powerful, rewards killers for being bad, punishes survivors for being good and is overall a bad perk. Noed needs to be looked into, i’m sick of being punished for playing good. It’s actually sad that people in red ranks still run it.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• tj0108tj0108 Member Posts: 71

even if it’s a 1k, that doesn’t make it fair. why should that survibor be punished for the killer being trash? i’m not saying remove noed. i’m saying look into it.

edited November 2020

bloodlust gives killer up to 15% speed for being trash at loops and noed rewards killers for being bad in general.

you played poorly, messed all your loops up, failed to protect gens, struggled to get hooks, camped, tunneled and want undeserved kills? Here, have a noed.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 670

Someone once suggested having 5 lit candles in the basement to represent the number of totems still on the map. It's not half bad.

The only reliable noed counter for solo q I've found, is basically don't get hit first. In my experience, cleansing all 5 totems usually ends with your team dead @ 1 gen left.

agree. noed is outdated and needs looking into. you could play absolutely terrible and scummy and walk away with kills. especially when they slug.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Considering how survivor sided this game used to be, I'm surprised NOED withstood and hasn't been nerfed. I hate the perk, but OP the NOED nerf/rework is never coming.

Im all for a ds nerf. i dont use it on survivor anyway cause i know how bs it is

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

Yes sadly it is. NOED rewards good and bad killers that's why it's BS. You can't "do bones" because there are literally only potatoes in every solo match nowadays. Only the generic brainless killers mains call do bones because they have never played survivor solo queue before, just facts.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

don't do bones

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,866

I myself have ran Noed but that was when I just got the game haven't ran it since. It's in my opinion a luck perk. There's been moments where the bones are gone killer is powerless. Other times it pops but makes no difference hits someone injured already dead on hook. Then it'll destroy us all. And it'll sting for a while. So personally I'll be fine if nothing happens. Though if it's changed I'll be fine with it also.

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I just laugh a little when Noed pops up on my screen. I only question when it is used on a Killer that has the ability to insta-down already.

Other than that nope I think its fine totems are incredibly easy to find amd theres only 5 of them.

• Nosferatu3145Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

45 seconds to reach that 15%, and with one dropped pallet that speed goes away.

And if NOED reward killers for doing poorly, it punishes lazy survivors who need 4 second chance perks and can't equip small game and do the bones.

i believe dead hard is powerful but not game breaking. Unbreakable can be countered by not slugging. Ds is complete bs and needs a nerf and borrowed time won’t be an issue if you don’t tunnel off hook.

Only time unbreakable is truly bs is when combined with ds

• carnage4ucarnage4u Member Posts: 338

depending on how much I play, and who I play with I can be in red ranks as survivor and go to up to 10 at reset. I notice NOED is much more common with Rank 10 or worse killer ranks. very few higher level killers bother with it. So I expect it when facing certain level killers and worry more about it then.

• noctis129noctis129 Member Posts: 941

I'm not scared of no NOED. I use to be when I was a noob. Once u understand NOED, it's easy to counter.

Only noobs and mid level survivors are scared of NOED.

I run small game. And clear all bones by myself. But I get occasional teammates who laugh at me for running small game and tells me I'm a noob. The guy doesn't realize the game was easier becuz I cleared all the bones off the map.

Half the games I don't even get hooked once. I survive most my games.

But a mid level survivor tells me I'm a noob and that I need to learn how to play.

Bunch of scrubs...

• HalbixHalbix Member Posts: 42

Only way to counter swf and this ######### matchmaking.

And don't just do bones, keep track of bones. So you know where it might spawn.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,531

bones

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,334

Because a survivor should be reward for the Killer being good.

I mean, come on. Both side have stupid stuff, 1 side complain will never work.

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 964

So about the bt off hook. You do realize survivors love unhooking infront of killers right? I mean seriously. Bt is abused. Sure is amazing when killer camps. But bro the amont of time bt happens cause i walked 2 feet away but they still in my terror radius and the person with bt comes to me for the hit to body block the unhooker. This is why i love playing freddy. It punishes unsafe unhookers

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

Well, the problem is honestly that high ranks have this mentality to get the match done as fast as possible.

Served them right to get their butts kicked for acting as if they have a high quota to meet instead of doing bones.

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 964

So imma just say this. Again. As i do every noed thread. Your goal as a survivor is literally to escape. A killers job is to kill.

Just cause you did all 5 gens doesnt mean you won. It means you got closer to escaping.

Sucks you got noeded but i dont have any sympathy for a perk that can be countered easily.