Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

BHVR??? HELLO???

WeskerWesker Member Posts: 339
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Are you really allowing the community to "test" bloodlust? Do you know survivors can die on purpose to provide "corrupted" datas on bloodlust to make ya' believe it's unneded? Well you don't

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 624

They will gather datas about chases lenght and chase time most likely. On maps like both new yamaokas even bloodlust 1 is unneeded

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2020

There's NO map where you need bloodlust if the survivors don't know how to run, and Yamaoka's still have strong jungle gyms. So we are forced to run Bambozle on all M1 killers to deal with good loopers? IDK bad survivors don't even notice those strong "long chases" spots or they will just ignore it on purpose to provide corrupted datas

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Do you really think a large enough number of survivor players are going to let themselves die every match all weekend, enough to actually have a meaningful impact on the stats they get? You realise they’re testing it across all matches across all platforms so the number of matches played will be huge, much much larger than the number of people who will care enough to repeatedly die on purpose?

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 339

Three people? You messed bro, there's not just toxic people who will try to skew their data, pair this with bad survivors and you will get completely broken datas. They should test bloodlust on theirself, like other Devs do as well

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 421
    edited November 2020

Are you saying there's a conspiracy? And the goal of the conspiracy is to get rid of bloodlust?

Seems legit

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,078

As conspiracy theories go, at least this one is better than "Reeeee Devs Bias!"

Still ridiculous, but at least amusing.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,661

How do you know they didn’t already test it theirselves? Maybe they want to see if their results will match those of live servers?

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,265

You do realise they could do the same on ptb anyway. They won't kill themselves to skew the results.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,548

If anything it is more likely that players will skew the results by killing themselves on a PTB, where it does not really matter, since progress does not carry over to live.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 684

At this point i dont know if its ridiculous or pathetic

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,460

Yeah there's no safeguards in place to stop either side from skewing results. They could disable unhook attempts as well and make struggle automatic for survivors, idk what you could really do for killers.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,265

Exactly. If we want to use this person's logic we can say that killers deliberately didn't kill survivors in the ptb to make the twins look weak lol

This idea that people will try to skew the results is just dumb.

If the results show bloodlust has little to no impact on kill rate I don't want people complaining "it's because survivors intentionally killed themselves".

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 421

Putting safeguards in place may also skew the data.

The only important thing is, to perform the experiment in a timeframe where a lot of people play (which I think is done by doing it on a weekend), so that attempts to deliberately skew the data will just be regular noise because the majority of people are playing the game as usual.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,460

yeah I could understand certain safeguards causing issues. I don't think stopping people from suiciding would be too crazy, or at least tracking how many do. On a side note, struggle should really just be automatic anyway.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2020

Dude, the percentage of players that would be silly enough to do this would be no more than....4%? Take a deep breath, that won't make an impact in whether or not they eliminate Bloodlust

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,180

Are there seriously people who believe that there are people that would bother to die on purpose just to change the outcome of some test? or rather enough to make a difference. People really don't comprehend just how many folks play this game do they?

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,977

"Anyone notice how the Survivor escape rates have gone down considerably since we buffed them with this weekend experiment?"

Right, that will definitely result in a sensible conclusion that won't just be thrown in the trash.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,262

Dying on first hook or dying at all is irrelevant to the bloodlust mechanic. The mechanic is all about chase times.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

Bloodlust is an outdated mechanic since ages already. The only purpose was to be able to catch up when kinda "infinite" window loops existed on old maps. All new or reworked maps have literally no real safe pallets (god pallets don't count). I still see many killers running around safe pallets with bloodlust 2/3 which is just the proof that is has to go because that's not the purpose of it. People that say bloodlust would still be needed are the generic douche killer mains that only want ez 4K running in straight line matches. Every new player has/had to git gud first and should not get carried by bloodlust training wheels.

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    edited November 2020

Guy, grow up. Don't you think killer can do the same thing?

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,301

But what if i'm wanting to chase a hacker down and facecamp the bastard... i'd need that T3 BL if i ain't Trapper Nurse hag spirit slinger huntress etc...

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November 2020

Well, good Killers don't need it anyway. If they want to keep it, keep B1 to be able to counter strong chains of tiles but remove B2 and B3 since those are not needed and unhealthy cuz bad Killers abuse 2 and 3 instead of trying to mindgame or break a pallet

• magicmaster2020magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

Personally I think that they should try to wait till all the original maps are reworked before taking bloodlust. There are still places where it's easy to just run the killer around over and over again.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

The bigger issue is that BHVR have stopped using their PTB for PTB stuff and are just using the live servers for testing. The PTB has now become just a publicity stunt for the next release of content.

• goatslingergoatslinger Member Posts: 522

Yeah, the community that argues daily about the age of a dead, demonic, make believe video game character is going to come together this weekend to pull off an organized conspiracy. Right.