Home Discussions General Discussions

Be Honest, Was Turning bloodlust off As Bad As You Thought?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,806

Hopefully something like:

"Whilst in a chase, press [button] to gain the Undetectable status effect for the duration of the chase. The Undetectable status effect remains for 5 seconds after a chase, and remains if a chase is re-initiated.

Beast of Prey has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds.

Gain 50% more points in the Hunter category. The Bloodpoints are applied post-trial."

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 1,913

Played Nurse, Oni, Huntress and Deathslinger. Didn't notice a difference...

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 750

1. It is not as bad as I thought, but I still think that pig, trapper or myers needs bloodlust.

2. Yes I think this mechanic should be changed.

3. I would remove bloodlust tier 2 & 3, and keep bloodlust tier 1.

4. My week has been pretty nice, I just bought blight and oh my god this killer is hard asf. Also I've started to main demo a bit. I'm on a 11 win streak and I try to use the shred as much as I can.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,776
    1. I didn't expect much more trouble as i rarely activate Bloodlust Tier I anyway, but it's been even less bad than "didn't expect much more trouble".
    2. Yes.
    3. No clue.
    4. Fine.
  • AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 2,088

At T L walls as a m1 killer yes, not many other places tho.

• ChekitaChekita Member Posts: 179
    edited November 2020

1) Was it really as bad as you thought?

No.

2) Is it a mechanic that you think could be changed now due to the state of the game?

Yes.

3) How would you change it?

Tone it down to bloodlust 1 only, maybe. Can't really say without comparing to statistics. My personal experience is different from others, something that usually people don't take into account.

4) And finally, how was your week? :)

Not good. Didn't do much work.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,492

yes. It was exactly as I had thought it would feel; no different on killers such as Huntress and Hag.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 784

Been playing survivor today, killers are noticeably easier to run and loop and are doing markedly worse. 5 matches in, no match so far has been more than a 1k and those 1k's were tunnels.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,228

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad week, I hope the following week is a better one for you.

All pretty good killers, I definitely think there's a discussion to be had around not all killers need BL

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 85

Was the change bad? To a certain extent no. But ive seen a difference in looping/being looped which lasts longer now. For survivors its a good thing. Killers not so much.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 490

Probably to gain undetectable after 15 seconds in a chase and resets upon hit/losing chase/breaking pallets, etc.

It shouldn't be difficult to re-code the trigger.

1) Back on topic, I noticed no difference playing as Pig, Legion, Bubba, Plague, Snoozeslinger and Doc.

I also played Blight and Billy, but they shouldn't be affected to begin with given the nature of their powers.

This was at rank 1, for reference.

2) I'll withold judgement until the end of the experiment, so what I say next is subject to change. I feel that for now it's safe to remove BL 2 and 3.

3) As I said, as a tentative change, I'd disable BL 2 & 3, maybe with the next chapter update. Then give it until mid-chapter to see how it goes if you want to take it further, revert, etc.

4) Everything was fine. I wish you the same.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,983

I haven't played killer yet. My brother is loving that bloodlust is turned off. He is green rank killer on ps4, he told me he's getting so many more hits since he's not getting the FPS drop from bloodlust. Playing as survivor last night (ps4 crossplay off, red/purple rank) I noticed killers were downing my teammates pretty quick, they didn't seem to need bloodlust at all. I'll be playing killer later tonight to see how it goes but pretty excited that the bloodlust fps drop will be gone.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,243

There's enough game changing killer perks to take up the slack and much more for the loss of bloodlust. Believe me.

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 499
    1. Nope, not as bad as I thought it would be. I found I just tweaked how I play as killer and things are fine.
    2. I think it should be changed, maybe not completely removed unless they want to completely change how Beast of Prey works
    3. I have no idea how I would change bloodlust, maybe just make it so you can't get more than 1 tier of it
    4. My week was long and rough

This is definitely a side I'm seeing a lot, is that Bloodlust was actually a hinderance to console players due to FPS drops, it's certainly one of the more interesting sides to this change over the "BL Is Needed / BL Isn't Needed".

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,983

I think for console players removing a trigger that causes an fps drop is definitely a positive. They could have Beast of Prey be a perk that causes bloodlust instead of having it be automatic. That way if you want bloodlust you equip the perk, if you don't want bloodlust you aren't forced to use it.

• Falkner09Falkner09 Member Posts: 282

Worse. they've done nothing to shut down god loops with no counterplay, and removing bloodlust makes it even more obvious they need to dump the "free sprint burst as a reward for failing to avoid a hit" BS.

• touchmetouchme Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020

I literally created an account for this. I got no problem with removing bloodlust until survivors all have dead hard. Yes, killer can still down the survivor if they have good mind game, but dead hard just adding at least two loop to every fair loop. Please change dead head if you do want to remove bloodlust.

• OutcastEricOutcastEric Member Posts: 489

They Keep everything to benefit new and experienced survivors while killers routinely get shafted. Experienced or not. Bloodlust is needed. Just another reason why these guys need to fire their balance team and get the fog whisperers in there to get their honest thoughts on the state of the game

• mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 720

My games as both killer and survivor have been fine without bloodlust. Maybe it's because I play huntress and I have good aim, but I don't see a point in having it.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,287

its not bad at all, but some structures and loops still need to be addressed (like god bus and house of pain, i have no idea why the devs are keeping these loops)

bloodlust is a bandaid for bad map and loop design, which most maps arent bad anymore.

• lunumbralunumbra Member Posts: 15

1) I frequent red ranks on both killer and survivor and in all of my games I made a mental note to keep track of when and where I would gain bloodlust and how much time it would save me. On average accross 20 games bloodlust generally would have given me around 10 to 15 seconds advantage on chases that I normally would have ended. I did not count the time bloodlust would have given me on chases where I objectively made a mistake (not simply lost a mind game). Generally when you take perks into consideration you want it to get you around 10 seconds or greater advantage. So basically playing without bloodlust is basically like playing with 3 perks instead of 4. I shouldn't have to tell you how impactful this is.

2. I think that bloodlust 2 and 3 are antiquated and should be removed. However they are nice for new killers as a tool to learn the game.

3. See above.

4. Great thank you.

Another specific example I could give you was a survivor game I played against a rank 3 wraith. They were running good addons and played very well but we got auto haven and the crane with the car, the killer shack, and the repair shop were all placed very close to each other. Normally I am extremely confident in my ability to run killers. Typically even against some of the better killers I can hold out for at least 30 seconds, but this wraith literally stood no chance. I had my friend count for me while I was looping him and I abused all of the structures greatly, running between all of them. The wraith made no obvious mistakes and I managed to loop them for 3 minutes 11 seconds before being downed. At which case I was now on my first hook and there was only 1 gen left and we easily won the game. Sure you can say that he lost the game because he committed to chasing me, but I think anyone that he chased could have done the same thing as I did and the majority of the generators were close to these structures.

• GhostMaceNotCrustyGhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 273

I had a game on haddonfield where I looped the same guy around 3 houses. That wasn't fun.

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 946

Just loving the amount I'm dealing with tonight the map offerings is unreal so is the use of object with keys and hatch spawning locations oh its been so fun.

It seems like it's raised survivors over all cockyness with loops also especially with slower killers also maybe I just getting bad luck but honestly the blood lust thing I'm not noticing maybe because between the use of object and keys I'm kinda distracted lol

To sum it up in not having fun anymore I dunno why just things se way more aggressive from the surviours play style.

Might just be my bad luck tho 🐷💖

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 1,063

For killers that are slower than 115% movement speed and aren't nurse or spirit? Yes

For killers who are effectively m1 killers like wraith and trapper? Yes

For everyone else at a general level? No

For certain loops that still clearly have problems like god bus and killer shacks that the survivors are able to see through? Yes

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 201

It is way worse than I thought! I'm experimenting with solo queue survivor without a full meta build and without items. I usually play both sides purple/red ranks.

Been playing survivor and I am decent but I'm suddenly getting way better results... 11 games and only one death, to be clear I maybe escape 3/10 matches on a normal day). I've played against nurse 2x, bubba, legion 2x, wraith, clown, huntress, spirit and demo. Only the doctor got me. I brought; kindred/ spine chill/ resilience/ sprint burst (spinechill tier 1, rest tier 3) Even without deadhard I get way more loops out of everything.

NOED the ultimate crutch which put me in a bad situation couldn't secure the kill. Mori's aren't helping either since they struggle to catch someone. The bubba had his award winning chili and only got a 2k for camping in the endgame (which was his last resort tbf). The wraith had shadow dance and couldn't catch me at a double L tile. This is purple/red ranks btw getting mostly red rank killers vs red/purple survivors with the odd green killer. Killers struggle to get a kill, either my team gets out or 1 dies (2 die if we misplay in the endgame). This is solo queue...

Removing bloodlust altogether isn't healthy for this game, a rework is fine but I feel that we at least need BL tier 1 and maybe tier 2 in low ranks as training wheels. I don't want such high escape rates it means there is little challenge in surviving.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 366

My gameplay hasn't really changed except for VERY specific window loops on two maps. Other than that, it's almost like nothing happened.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 366

Agreed. If they're still keeping BL, just permanently cap it at tier 1. 2 and 3 are just bad killer cheese.