Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Mindset of people who want to keep Bloodlust

CustomerServiceCustomerService Member Posts: 479
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Those who are crying because they can’t Bloodlust around one miserable pallet *during a weekend*, have this kind of mindset:

“I don’t like windows, block them”

“I don’t like exhaustion perks, nerf them”

”I don’t like areas with options to loop, make dead zones”

“I don’t like generators speed, make ruin base kit”

“I don’t like they might escape after repairing, make NOED base kit”

” I don’t like to mind game a pallet, make them all like the red forest temple basement pallets”

”I don’t like learning curves, make all killers like Spirit and Freddy”

“I don’t like SWF, remove it”

“I don’t like a kill rate of 80%, 1 person gets away from time to time, nerf them”

The question I have to these people is, why?

Have you considered trying an offline game and play against the computer? then use some cheats and make sure you always win no matter what.

Could we stop demanding the game holds our hand throughout every situation and consider maybe it’s a you problem?

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Literally never heard anyone say Ruin or Noed should be basekit in all the time I've played this game.

The devs added entity blockers because they didn't want to actually fix the bad map design.

Most killers agree that Freddy was overbuffed and Spirit takes minimal skill or experience to earn easy wins. Infact I hear a lot of experienced killers call her the worst designed killer in DBD.

Exhaustion has been nerfed enough times. I don't see anyone saying they're unfair. The only one people have gripes with is Dead hard as it can act as a reusable health state.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

I sometimes forget about that Enduring "rework" and realise the devs would have never heard complaints about DS again if they just didn't make that change.

Enduring went from a pretty decent perk to run as 1 of 4. Now its exclusively good with Spirit Fury. Which is weird as they said they want perks to be less dependant on one another.

• DaKnightDaKnight Member Posts: 720

Huh? Enduring is great as a standalone perk too. I use it quite a bit on weaker killers who are going to be forced to eat pallets. It's pretty nice to swing through every pallet and be rewarded sometimes.

But I usually do enduring / bamboozle over enduring / spirit fury unless i'm going to a specific map where I know there are no problematic windows.

• smart212smart212 Member Posts: 136

this BL removing, definitely make killer on yellow and green rank instanly quiting killer gameplay and back to survivor main. including me

• CustomerServiceCustomerService Member Posts: 479
    edited November 2020

Then you haven’t been listening.

Do you think the map “reworks” have been good so far? And I’m talking about since 2016.

• zackdaylightzackdaylight Member Posts: 190

except you are wayy more wrong then the OP. Those things were obviously broken.

enduring countering DS?? If the killer tunnels you that’s already a cheap tactic, and with enduring, the killer was able to easily catch up to you seconds after getting DS. It was almost pointless to have DS.

Ruin was too hard, it was an extreme amount of slowing power for the killer just by putting a simple perk on. Especially on console, where skillchecks frame rates are garbage and very skippy. But what was even worse, is that if you got a good skillcheck and it regressed, it wouldn’t only regress it would stop for like 2 seconds. Making it even more annoying. And ruin wasn’t nerfed because it was too hard for survivors, it was nerfed because it was too easy for killers. They just threw on a perk and didn’t have to do anything.

and the hatch was implemented in the game and opened when there’s only 1 survivor left so that games didn’t go on forever, literally. If there’s 3 gens left to do with 1 survivor left, do you really think that survivor will be able to do 3 gens? He will probably just sneak around and waste time. And even if he does start 1 and halfway through you end up going to that gen, he will just sneak away. And you’ll just end up checking that area and sticking around there. The game would LITERALLY go on forever. Thus why the hatch was implemented.

I had a good laugh reading your comment. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about, at all. Ignorant comment.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

all of them? lol

Nurse

Spirit

Freddy (addons)

Billy

Blight (addons)

Pyramid Head

Doc was changed in response to whining, backfired for survivors

So you think every single killer got nerfed?

... You might be living in a different reality? Freddy got buffed, not nerfed. Spirit didn't get a single nerf.

Phead got a one second cooldown between attacks. One. One second. One second cooldown. Literally has no impact in anything.

The only one we could argue they made worse is Billy. Full stop.

Stop making up things.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

Every killer i listed was nerfed or changed in response to whining.

Freddy's addons, post rework, were gutted.. the swing chains/jump ropes

How can you say spirit wasn't nerfed? Prayer beads was deleted and collision was removed.

it's a cooldown plus slower movement, so.. yeah in a chase it has an impact

Not sure how you can ignore Nurse but sure, see what you want to see

There's a million ways to go around those loops. If you can't mind game, bring bamboozle. And precisely that : good killers don't use bloodlust.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

You won't believe it but the cringe mindset of those in this forum is much worse.

edited November 2020

Following your logic, you can make permanent Iri head plus Mori Huntress as base, then nerf 1 unrelated addon.

So you could say she was nerfed.

Don't make me laugh. All those killers are next to broken, very especially Freddy and Spirit, and just because they changed a few addons doesn't change the fact they're still broken.

• Nosferatu3145Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Yikes, what a cringe inducing post

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 310

Survivors complaining about handholding is too obvious when any potato can get red rank survivor nowadays. Obvious bait.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,639

I value skill over band aid fixes which blood lust is but personally I'd rather it stay and even BHVR gave a reason I actually agree with. I'd like it to be reworked though so it isn't as mindless but more of a catchup mechanic.

The obvious implementation of bloodlust was a fix for bad map design which honestly even with reworks this is still somewhat of an issue on a few tiny areas.

The other reason is in my view it's necessary for when there is a huge disparity in skill level so the chase eventually ends one way or another. However in this instance matchmaking needs to be fixed to make this a bit easier to gauge on how necessary this is. I still view BL necessary for this alone. For me personally no I'm a Nurse / Hillbilly player so Bloodlust has never been a factor in my games but that's my personal stance.

Any potato can get to red ranks, period* it's not only for survivors.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2020

OMG bring 1 perk to stop these! guess i have to use it on EVERY KILLER

you can't mindgame and get a hit at multiple buildings mainly the ones that are the cause of simi infinites. go try that argument for asylum or bus it doesn't work.

instead of ignoring the issue how about you realize how stupid it is to apply mind game logic to every structure that is a semi infinite.