Home Discussions General Discussions

Is there a DLC character you regret buying?

Could be different reasons but heres a few.

• The killer's power feels weak.
  • Difficult to master.
  • You just lost interest over time.

Comments

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871

All of them (except Nightmare)

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 343

fELIX

• JinSimeJinSime Member Posts: 244

Quentin Smith. I got Vigil from the shrine not long after and I don't really care about him or his perks right now... Maybe if he got his face reworked to resemble a little more of the movie, I'd consider playing with him. But anyway, I hate his perks. Should've just bought Freddy.

I also regret buying Deathslinger. I like Zarina, but I don't like him or his perks. I'm horrible at aiming: what was I thinking?

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,507

Not really. Piggy was kinda dissapointing, but thats it.

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 1,463

My all time favorite Killer I've bought is Legion. Went from Rank 20 to Rank 1 before I even tried another. They were the reason I switched from a pure Survivor player to a Killer/Survivor flex.

Bubba is probably my least favorite Killer I've bought. He feels really terrible to play and I only got him for BBQ. It was about 2-3 months before BBQ went on the shrine so the bloodpoints I earned were probably worth it. But it's just sad that I have a Killer that I hate that much. He does horrible in emblems because he's an insta-down Killer and the clumsiness of his power is just awful. It feels like you have no control over chase because you have to hug corners to get kills but the hitboxes of the environment are so weird that you sometimes hit things and go in to tantrum and feel absolutely cheated out of a down.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 2,284

Legion. Haven't played them in a long, long time. Haven't wanted to.

• Iudex_NemesisIudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 116

I'm pretty much with you on deathslinger. Really didn't think long term. The other is plague and jane. I was still new when I bought the chapter didn't realise I could have bought plague on her own. I've used jane a couple times for dailies and thats about it. Plague has decent perks but boy do I struggle to play her.

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 937

Probably none that I harshly regret, because I either like their appearance/power (survivor/killer) or I like the perks I gained access to through them.

If unique teachable perks weren't a factor though, then there's only on killer I would probably consider a regret and it's Plague. I do not like playing Plague.

My alt-pick would be Hag, but I got her for free (benefits of being a console player) so she doesn't count.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 2,284

Deathslinger is another one for me. Same with Legion. Like, I can do well with Deathslinger. I've played FPS most of my life and because of that his ADS is hilariously easy to abuse. But I don't find him fun. I had a BLAST with him and the new map is his launch month. But I've never really had the feeling to go back and play him again.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 343

I was really starting to thing I was the only one who felt this way about PH. Yes cages are useful againt this and that but negate my favorite slowdowns (pop, dying light) and other general hook idea perks. Agree about the trails as well. PH just not one of my favs right now.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 1,079

Slinger

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 2,642

Well Oni and Deathslinger are the only ones I probably will never touch again. But then again I bought them with shards so whatever. (Oh and Huntress but she was free anyway)

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 201

No I do have favorites but I secretly love them all.

• LeaderoftheSaintsLeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 160

Oni. I suck as him. Tried to learn and practice and could never get the hang of him.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,290

ash

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 1,651

Ash

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 557

Chains of Hate chapter, weaker killer and no perks on either side that are really good, just the situational For the People and memey Red Herring.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,262

I regret buying laurie spirit and deathslinger.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,175

Buckle Up.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November 2020

Legion. I bought the gang with Iridescent Shards so I could see what it was like to play them before they received their most recent adjustments, and now I'm getting killer dailies for them, and I absolutely hate playing them now (because I comfortably am accustomed to missing on other killers and doing just fine otherwise). Same goes for Plague.

Edit: I would say Doctor, but I don't regret the time I had with him before he was made unenjoyable for me.

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 313

I don't really regret buying anyone, I don't play Hag much, but her teachables are dope.

It'd be nice if they brought Old Freddy back, I never got to play him. Same with Old Legion.

• pAncrop900pAncrop900 Member Posts: 44

All of them. Bought them all to support bhvr when they said, back in 2018, they would get 60 fps on consoles. How fool i was

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 705

Pyramid head

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 2,043

Ghostface and Plague. Not because I hate them but I used Auric Cells to buy them instead of buying them through the steam store and so I didn't get the unique item piece for Ghostie or Jane.

Not a huge deal, but I regret buying them wrong.

• keygunkeygun Member Posts: 311

Oni: not fun to play as imo.

Felix: perks are borderline useless.

Demi: fun, but weak.

Blight: his only power is movement, can't cut off loops. (Or I'm just bad)

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 444

Freddy, after the rework is so damn boring.