Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thoughts on a FnaF chapter or Springtrap as a killer?

Comments

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Yeah he did mention that, and I can see why, but I agree maybe further on down the line but maybe not now, but I would hope it isn't more then two or three years before that happens

I've honestly questioned the said sanity of the creator of those abominations at times

He did say that, like he allowed Fnaf themed merch on Funko, and for Markiplier's Clothing company one time ( I'm sad I didn't get anything). However he is quite secretive on what goes on which I can understand, so maybe Scott and the Devs might have talked about it. We won't know until a Fnaf chapter does come out.

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Yup, I’d love it. :)

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Yup, Springtrap/William Afton is a far better suggestion then quite a few suggestions. Especially something like Jeepers Creepers, yuck.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,824

Springtrap for DBD or riot. I don’t care what anyone says, Springtrap is a great suggestion in my opinion. And FNAF is NOT a kids games

• sugoimakusugoimaku Member Posts: 17

I wouldn't be against having fnaf be a theme for a future chapter. But I don't think they ever will be.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited November 2020

I think if they just made them legendary skins for Legion; one for each of the members, it would work better than making them their own killer. Fnaf characters mangle you when they catch you.I say legendary because they could give them mechanical noises with some sputtering sparks and smoke when they run in frenzy mode. Their vault animation would be unique as well.

I don't see the harm in skins. I mean, saying they don't belong then we have the mascot costumes in the game already (which are some of the most popular cosmetics on those characters mind you) don't belong either.

All that said; it will never happen. If it could though, that is how I would go about it is all.

Edit: Also as legendary skins they wouldn't even be that common.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 392

Yeah let's also add teletubbies and ronald mcdonald and mickey mouse.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

FNAF Hell NO!!!

enough said.

I'm not knocking the work that Scot Cawthin did, good for him that it turned into something huge, it doesn't mean it fits in DBD

• SenpavoSenpavo Member Posts: 101

I wouldn't mind it. I would enjoy more videogames related chapters tbh, although I don't know what his power(s) could be.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

I do know the lore but I have to ask this.

What's the obsession with spring trap? technically it could be any of them. all of the animatronics kill people.

Both Ronald Mcdonald, or the Teletubbies would scare the ######### out of me

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 598

FNaF is more of a kid targeted IP anyway. Springtrap isn't a well known character in horror too.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188

There's a certain person on these forums dedicated to the idea of Springtrap being in dbd that they've even made troll posts. It's gone that far that I wouldn't be able to look at Springtrap in dbd the same way I did years ago.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188

Agreed, and anyone who says it's a kids thing have obviously not read the books, even if they're sold in kids/teens sections.

I wonder what happened? Not that I don't mind that its stopped ( It just made me scared that it would ruin the idea even further). Anyway

I mean the new books/short stories are ######### disturbing to where I would consider it adult. An example is a pregnant woman dying in a ventilation system, getting possesed, and dead bodies of children, yeah I'm don't think that's meant for kids.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,475

While we are at it, we could as well get The Count von Count, he is a Vampire after all. And his ability could resolve about the numbers of gens, totems, and hooks to stay on theme. Maybe Bert as survivor, he always stroke me as someone with ptsd, which might make him suitable for the entity.

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Irrelevant unknown franchise, but as long as killer power concept is interesting, why not

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 598

Yet you see the material sprawled around children's blankets or shirts. Wether you think so or not, kids go for that stuff lol. It's pretty wierd to think about.

• TMCalypsoTMCalypso Member Posts: 246

FNAF isn't really meant for kids, they just play it anyway. Same with COD or GTA, it isn't meant for them...but there they are. FNAF is a game about possessed animatronics with the corpses of dead kids in them. Pretty sure a game about a serial killer that kills kids is NOT meant to be played by kids. Still....some of these kids who do play it ARE obnoxious and do harass others. The more mature fans (mostly) do not. I can see why people would not want FNAF in DBD as those specific toxic fans do not deserve it. But what about those that are not toxic? Should they be punished for the actions of a few? IMO, whether you are for or against FNAF being in DBD should not be decided on the hate for certain types of fans. Rather, it should be decided on the story, lore, and gameplay (how it would play in DBD, not the FNAF games gameplay.)

For the story and lore, the animatronics are possessed by vengeful spirits out to get revenge on the one who killed them. Whether or not this type of killer, in story, would work doesn't matter. The vengeful spirits are kids. The devs made it clear no kid characters would ever be in DBD, period. So that eliminates 98% of the possible choices for a killer. The only killer from the franchise that can actually work and would be acceptable, (isn't a kid, kid ghost, or otherwise) is Springtrap. Springtap...is NOT an animatronic. It is a person inside of spring lock suit, specifically...a serial killer. IMO, FNAF, specifically Springtap, Can fit story wise. The gameplay.....I don't see it. I cannot think of a power that would work for a FNAF killer AND make sense to both games. This is where it falls off for me. The story and lore fitting each other is fine...but what matters most is the gameplay. I just can't think of something that works for both sides. (Maybe something that uses the Madness status effect to induce the phantom jump scares from the 3rd game? Maybe not.) Perhaps the devs could come up with something that does...but until it is ever mentioned...gameplay wise...it is a no from me. Though, I am open to being proven wrong on any and all accounts. Regardless...I too think it would be best to wait quite some time before ever adding it to DBD assuming it ever would be. At minimum a year from now. Possibly 2 and it would be acceptable. All the toxic FNAF fans should have left by then...I think....maybe....

Again, I'd say no just cause I can't see how it works specifically in terms of gameplay.

Just my opinion that I put about a minute's worth of time into, lol.

Probably for the best. I've been trying to tell people that the Fnaf community was never meant to grow with kids for quite a while. Its probably we just wait for the future then we'll see, plus the filming for the movie starts next year in the Spring. So let's see how it goes.