Home› Dead by Daylight Forums› Feedback› Feedback and Suggestions

A baseline anti-tunneling mechanic to replace DS

2»

Comments

• StrickxNyneStrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

You shouldn't be at the hook to boot. You're the reason DS exists 😂

DS rework. If in the killers terror radius and it never goes away and picked up, hit skill check for auto map escape. Make DS even more brutal for camping scumbags. Everyone keeps saying they can't avoid it, I'm sorry they suck, that's not on survivors. If we can't DC we need stronger reasons to stay in matches with ######### killers period!

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,907
    edited November 2020

I am guessing you don't play killer much if you think the killer doesn't have any reason to be near the hook...

Like survivors not letting you leave said hook before trying to unhook in your face.

Or they loop you around said hooked survivor when another survivor tries to dive bomb the hook.

Or they lead you back to said hook for whatever reason(Such as getting a pallet stun then trying to dive the hook).

Or...You get the point.

There's a lot of valid non tunnel/camp reasons why the killer would be near the hook.

• FlatskullFlatskull Member Posts: 332

Too abusable by swf/ comm squads.

The best way to balance ds is to make it an item and potentially buff it. Should of been an item from the start, honestly. I mean what the hell are beings stabbed with. Is the survivor whispering a very nasty insult into the killers ear when we pick them up and it just wrecks our self esteem?

It wouldn't make DS not powerful but it would make it detectable and open to scarcity as using it runs the risk of losing the item. Also franklins demise.

• BardBard Member Posts: 657

Except that situation isn't tunneling... he went for another survivor before trying to hook you again.

Of course it wouldn't stop that. It's not supposed to.

Literally how is this abusable?

If you try to progress the game, you lose the buff instantly.

If the killer isn't outright tunneling, you lose the buff shortly after gaining it when he hooks another guy.

• Kongtwenty12Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

Is no one else gonna comment on how 1.33% is not 133%? The way it's written now means you would only get instant escape at 1.33 seconds left instead of 75

edited November 2020

They're not commenting that because my math isn't wrong.

1.33 (repeating) percent progress per remaining second x 75 remaining seconds = 100% progress

If we balanced by your math, giving 133% progress per remaining second, this system would be absurd, granting instant escapes unless the buff had less than 0.75 seconds remaining...

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,382
    edited November 2020

there's a very simple fix to DS

If you repair a gen, no DS

you get into a locker, no DS

you unhook, no ds

in exchange DS last longer or does not expire while in the killer terror radius

If some surv wont do gen, that's on the survivor not the perk.

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2020

I'm very much in favour of this. The only change I'd make is to add some kind of timer on the affected survivor in the bottom left(Which would be visible to everyone, including the killer). I dunno about your DS perk idea tho.

In my opinion, I shouldn't HAVE to run a perk to be able to counter tunneling. Especially since Laurie is a licensed character. We are essentially saying to new players "Oh you don't like being taken out of the game before you even really had a chance? Not to worry! Just cough up (insert your native currency here) and you can get DS! Oh you don't want to spend money to get something that should be base kit (an anti-tunnelling effect)? Well ######### you then. I hope you enjoy your 2 minute games git!

I would love to see this implemented for a weekend, just like the no bloodlust experiment. To see how it would work in an actual game. I'm sorry you got so many... Unhappy comments... People are often hostile to ideas they disagree with, even if it only pertains to a video game.

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 1,436

It would be easier if DS just makes users the Obsession after an unhook as a warning.

• MastermindMastermind Member Posts: 111

Killers wouldn't have to tunnel if it wasn't the META.

What kinda logic is that?

For one, DS is meta, therefore tunneling couldn't be meta because an anti-tunnelling perk is meta. Also, just because something is meta, doesn't mean you have to use it. I genuinely don't understand the logic on that one, chief. I mean for example, I haven't used ruin and undying in over a month and I've been doing just fine for the most part. (I mainly play pp head but i do play other killers too).

• OhSkipperOhSkipper Member Posts: 17

its 60 seconds, if you tunnel the person with ds active you deserve to get stunned. 1 minute is not make or break + you can slug and just counter DS like any good killer. if 60 seconds is make or break every game or almost every game, git gud.

DS is fine the way it is.

• MastermindMastermind Member Posts: 111

In situations where you hook someone in EGC, the 60 seconds absolutely is a make or break deal. If they get an unhook because they're healthy and attempt to body block the killer, even if I manage to down the hooked survivor who is the only worthwhile target in this case, they either crawl to the exit or I pick them up and they have me eat a DS and escape anyway. Apart from this, I have no real issue with DS. Though maybe I'd disable it when you're picked up from opening a locker because it kinda doesn't make much sense that a survivor would overpower a killer who has them literally cornered.

No wonder you don't see the logic. You think META means perk choice.

Something being Meta, if I'm not mistaken, means that is so strong it outshines everything else to the point where it becomes *the* choice for sweating the win. Right?

• OhSkipperOhSkipper Member Posts: 17

at that point you lost the game, move on. ez as that, you cant win them all. Like i said if DS is literally make or break for most of your games you just have to git gud, period.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,244

12 hooking is viable, just not on all killers, mostly nurse and blight rn

And every single time that happens I go for the farmer not the one being farmed. It makes no sense to take out the one fresh off the hook, you're playing right into bad survivors hands who'll only tea bag you for 20 mins at the exit gate like they were good and message you about how trash you were.

The rarity of this is so scarce. You want DS canned because it works as intended 99% of your games but that one game at the very end you lost to it you're mad and want it gone. DS acts as a second hit to one hit wonders like noed, being marked, being chainsawed etc. Most of the folks upset at DS are not even doing full chases, they one hit down camp and get mad ds didn't let their camping work. Stop camping and the egc won't happen to worry about ds letting them out, k Bubba, I'm looking at you!

• lunumbralunumbra Member Posts: 21

Man if you eat ds against anyone who isnt a 4 man sweat squad at red ranks then you need to get better, literally just slug for 60 seconds its not rocket science. "Ohh buh muh unbreakable" ok cool just hit them again? You should be slugging to apply pressure to other survivors if they spend the time to get back up then you baught yourself 10 seconds and they dont have unbreakable anymore. Do you not know how to count to 60? Like bruh

• Chappy01Chappy01 Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2020

DS should mori the kiler and end the game by stabbing them in the eye with a broken piece of glass just like the icon shows. i REALLY want to see these killers qq moar