Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I hope DBD will not get a reward on steam this year.

IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

As I love this game I feel like dbd don't deserve the labor of love award. We were promised about changes to a lot of stuff that would help a lot for a game health like:

• Mories and Key Changes.
  • New Early Game Mechanic.
  • More perks reworks / buffs like Vigil, Small Game etc.
  • New Matchmaking System.
  • Updates for Pig and Myers.
  • More Graphics Settings.
  • Optimization.
  • And so on.

We didn't even see any progress of these stuff. Not even mention the event that was supposed to be a superior was a huge disappointment for a majority of people. It feels like the game didn't improved that much this year. I really hope that in next year DBD will be better and devs will finally start working on more healthy things for dbd and listen to the community. Thank you.

EDIT: The Unfinished and buggy DLC just proves my point that the game needs a lot of ''health operations''.

Post edited by Ihatelife on

Comments

• Tubby_SquirrelTubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 229

Oh neet! Do you code addons for the game or something like that? What language does it use?

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Sounds like a great dev team, how sad that not all devs are like they.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I honestly don't know, but I hope people will give the devs clear shot to say that something needs to be changed in their way of developing the game.

• ГолубойГолубой Member Posts: 126

I agree. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Can I vote for another game to not get it?

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

They really are, my hubby plays it on a daily basis and he asked me to vote for the Hunt dev team and I did because I know if he enjoys something, it's well made and effort has been put in the game and the community.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,903

the first words out of his mouth killed the video in being anything REALISTIC. he has no clue what they have done, what they are doing nor how it was done. he is 100% guessing. i'd love to see you top that, please show your source code that you have of DBD and tell us where or how you got it for proof. I am certain the devs would love to know more. you obviously don't know what the game is like, you ONLY expect it's like someone else you like. once he said he didn't know anything at all i turned it off because at that time it turned into a "I am going to make ######### up because I want people to agree with me and my argument since it's the same as others!" yea not reliable at all, now I did not say this person didn't know coding, I am only talking about his knowledge about dead by daylight. WEEE great proof for your theory.

Because of this *I DO* hope it wins this year so we can listen to everyone say it was rigged! lol

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

It's because DBD still has no competition at all. That's why the devs keep being lazy regarding all those points.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

i'm gonna vote for jake paul vs ninja...

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 306

Well said! I thoroughly enjoy DBD almost every day that's why I voted for them to win this reward. I love this game bugs and all. I feel their love for this game every livestream and I see their effort in the patchnotes. The way the game looks and feels now is a big upgrade even compared to a year ago. I feel the devs do deserve this award.

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

If they aim to to win awards they better start listening to their community and seeing the problems with their game before asking people to vote for them. I honestly think other games deserve the LoL award that are way better than DbD

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,824

And in nearly any other game, if 4 perks are used by both sides in a vast majority of games, those perks would see nerfs pretty quickly rather than be completely ignored for a really stale, boring meta for literally years at a time.

• ZaKzanZaKzan Member Posts: 550

You would have to understand basic coding and the unreal engine to understand why what he says is mostly correct. If you actually watched the video, he points to the devs stating in one of the devblogs that they were working on moving away from the blueprint system and working on replacing it with C++

It is also the reason why they come out with a patch that changes billy, and the hill gets bugged for example. In the blueprint system, seemingly unrelated things are tied together because of how it is designed, so if you change one thing you create a cascade effect that can ruin other things down the line.

You probably shouldn't get so defensive, especially considering that you didn't even watch the video nor did you give the material any considerable thought.

• chieften333chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    edited November 2020

If there's no spaghetti code why does the game keep breaking in some way in every update?