Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why survivors must see Freddy's aura of clocks?

i think survivors must found clocks without aura because they can wake up brake gen or wake up from each other.

Answers

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

If you’re the one playing Freddy, a survivor running across the entire map to grab a clock and wake up is good for you. They could just sit on gens and not waste time running around. So I don’t really see why you would want them to not see the aura - it’s like Pig’s boxes, you WANT the survivors to do a side objective instead of gens. That’s sort of the point.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,078
    edited December 2020

No. Just no.

Freddy has been given a pretty decent rework already. Survivors are constantly on a passive timer for sleep and you can speed that up by simply hitting them. You can teleport to gens and spam dream snares. All alarm clocks are spawned as far away from each individual survivor as possible, causing them to waste more time than it would take to miss a skill check (and give away their position) in order to run across the map and use the clock, and even then they are back on the countdown to the dreamworld. Every time a survivor is woken up, the next time takes longer, and so on.

In other words, Freddy is in a not too shabby place right now, and i think asking for the clock auras to be taken away is absurd and more than just a little bit greedy on your part.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250

If you have trouble getting kills as even Freddy i'm worried for you

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,611

The developers already spoke about this. They said that it would be too much of a chore for survivors if they have to go hunt for their alarm clocks. The other thing they mention was is that giving Freddy more information would provide him with too much map awareness in some cases making the match hopeless for survivors. They considered allowing him to get a notification when someone was at an alarm clock but then they feared the killer would just camp and protect the alarm clocks. Something that we sometimes see with The Pig, camping jigsaw boxes and harassing people trying to remove their RBT.

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

That's the point, if they didn't see auras they would never waste time waking up and instead slam gens.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,903

you forget the clocks give I believe 30 seconds EXTRA awake time. so the clock is 1 minute normally and when you use the clock to wake up you get 30 extra seconds to not be part of any add ons that freddy has to slow you down. that's 90 seconds to work on a gen with little slow down. and it takes 80 seconds to complete a gen. doesn't seem too bad of a trade off. but by all means keep waking each other up and it takes the person waking up 1/4 to 1/3 the time they have to be awake over all to do so and thus you have less time to do objectives without being limited by freddy's addons.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,558

I don’t remember where i said anything against what you described though?

you said there was no point to go across the map for a clock. that extra 30 seconds is worth it, especially when trying to do gens. i'd take 1.5 mintues of awake time vice 1 minute if i'm just going to wake someone up during that 1 minute.

i did not say there is no point, I said it was wasting time. Which it does. Especially if there is no addon involved.

there are scenarios where it’s totally worth it, and others where it may be pointless.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,625

How the **** would survivors know which clock is theirs?

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,460

Whilst we're at it, nerf pig.

It's a no from me, chief.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Ah, yes. The clocks that always spawn as far as possible and are not worth actually using because you lose more time than you'd ever gain. Lets make them even less worthwhile.

either it's a TOTAL waste of time or it isn't. you can't have it both ways. yes there are times that it won't affect much of anything but i'm still going to go wake myself up when i have a chance and i'm tired of people like you telling me that it's not worth it when I believe it is. You are the type to say that taking totems down is a waste of time. neither is a waste of time in my mind and you can keep your opinion but i put out there the information that you conveniently left out to try and make your point more valid

• HydHyd Member Posts: 377

I was maining Freddy for a bit and agree he doesn't need any more help. His passive game of putting people to sleep makes him (I think) the only killer that can be totally AFK and still be disruptive to all Survivors. I mean, that's pretty powerful.

You are putting words in my mouth. never said it like that. At all. Calm down and go read my comment again.

there are situations were it may be completely worthless though. I am also always trying to keep myself awake, but not at all costs, ignoring everything around me. I am destroying every totem I see. But I wouldn’t let someone else get to struggle because of that.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Make an already pay to win killer even easier for the pay to win killer.

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871

I am a Freddy main, and sit on the forums telling everyone that Freddy is balanced. Even I say that is a bad idea.